Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

UI Feedback

Aeronus

So far, K-Drive is really fun. Obviously there's still some minor kinks that need to be worked out (not sure if the fact that my board has a hard time sticking to rails is intentional and designed to make me get the mod that improves it, or if I just suck at controlling this thing?) but so far, the only real issue I have is with the feedback from the UI.

The trick indicator in the bottom right seems sort of out of place for me, but maybe that comes from years of actual snowboarding/skating games. I feel like the option should be available to have HUD feedback for K-Drive to be top-center of the screen, and maybe a little bit bigger. Also, a little more feedback on what's going on with it would be nice. I haven't noticed if there's a sound when I mess up a trick, and since I have to constantly try to not get shot while doing R A D I C A L tricks, I have a difficult time paying attention to when I am messing up, so that I can improve and learn what not to do.

Also, a little more POP as far as sound effects go to when you pull off a good combo of tricks would be nice, and maybe instead of just showing the last trick I did, show me the culmination of all the tricks I did for the combo! Nothing beats seeing a triple copykavat 720 degrees double front flip nose grab fly up on screen with a loud BANG or a synth sound trailing off, it would make pulling off a nice long combo feel extremely satisfying.

Really enjoying this one, guys. K-Drive is a fantastic idea and I think with just a little more tweaking, we can have a really solid system in place that people are going to absolutely love. Hell, people already love it. Brings back the Tony Hawk vibes hard for a lot of us, and you guys have done a great job pulling it all together. Can't wait to see what's next for the vent kids.

Also, an afterthought - it seems like a lot of people have missing races. I've only ever seen one, the one outside Fortuna? I saw him once, did his race once, and he's gone again. I just hope DE doesn't backlash against us trying to use the rails to grind out (hah) standing when the races don't even function.