Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

memory leak somewhere linked to fortuna plains

bleubleu

There is an obvious memory leak somewhere linked to loading vallis.

Step out of fortuna and memory usage goes steadily up by half a Mo/s.

funny thing is once it gets reaaaly bad, quitting the game does not stop it, game never closes properly, and the process stays active, happily eating 0.5 Mo/s.

Edited by bleubleu

well, more testing pretty much confirm this.

W8, 8g ram, both 32bits & 64bits versions affected.

Standing still in fortuna leads to a steady increase of ram usage, goes up, never down, until all available ram is eaten, then swaps like crazy, leading to stuttering, until all is eaten away and the game crashes.
same in vallis, just worse, as ram is eaten even faster.

Game most often does not even closes properly, warframe64.exe process was happy gobbling up 22Go of ram (most of it swap of course) on my machine 12 minutes after the game being closed..

Edited by bleubleu

It's still happening with latest hotfix.

stepping out of the elevator gets the game leaker than the white  house, 80% of the time, no bountie, no race, doing nothing, just getting out of the elevator and idle,ffs, 30GB of ram consumed in a matter of minutes.. it's unplayable of course but the insane swap is gonna kill some HDDs.

either the warframe.64.exe process stabilizes a 3BG of ram more or less 20% of the time (seems to be the "normal" value for my specs) and i can play (solo) for an hour or more as long as i dont leave vallis Or it starts ballooning like crazy immediately (and being cpu bound on top of it, some rogue loop somewhere is allocating memory to the void)

corpus level of greed for ram

Edited by bleubleu