Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda vs Valkyr

(PSN)big_eviljak

As far as I'm concerned, unlike Valkyr, Garuda will be complete trash in late game. I don't have her yet, so it's only based on what I've read and seen about her kit. Not to mention that her kit is very different from Valkyr's. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I have enough playtime to see the possible problems there.

19 minutes ago, Infirito said:

As far as I'm concerned, unlike Valkyr, Garuda will be complete trash in late game. I don't have her yet, so it's only based on what I've read and seen about her kit. Not to mention that her kit is very different from Valkyr's. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I have enough playtime to see the possible problems there.

"I have never used it but I know all I need to know based on data that no one has tested yet.'

Awesome story bro.

32 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Berserker = Rage, hatred, violence, madness, hysteria (not just the ability). Basicaly, Valkyr's theme.

Garuda = Grace, gore, "blood magic" of some sort.

So no, Garuda isn't a berserker. Just because she has claws doesn't mean she's like Valkyr.

She can take dmg on herself, and gain power. Classic berzerker

il y a 2 minutes, (PS4)big_eviljak a dit :

Harrow can do that too. Is Harrow a berzerker?

Blood pillars and orbs, gracious stance, damage herself to gain energy (basicaly Rage/Hunter Adrenaline, which can be equipped on any frame without making them berzerkers) and damage buff from the passive. Those things don't say "berzerker" to me, nor was it officialy stated anywhere.

Valkyr is the classic berzerker. Rage-fueled Melee tank/dps is the general idea people have about it, not a Blood/gore mage/artist with gracious, fluid movements. 

Tbh I think the best way to describe them is Valk= Berzerk and Garuda=Masochist.

1 hour ago, Infirito said:

She has scaling slash damage.

9 hours ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Harrow can do that too. Is Harrow a berzerker?

Arguable. The only take damage upon themself that harrow does is his 4 which shields him from damage and converts it to crit chance, his shield sacrifice is just that; eating his shields not his health.

The spectrum is different, whereas Garuda sheds blood to boost damage akin to an adrenaline rush or killers high. 

1 finds ways to avoid damage all together or mitigate it the latter purposefully puts themself at deaths door for higher output.

Granted shes still not a berserker in common sense, closest youll get is a brute ravager/blood mage as she shouldnt really be *in* the fray at least not for that long.

Ive only had time to forma her once though.

I find her 4 to be quite impressive though.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

4 hours ago, NoLazyShadow said:

Well..Valk in need of rework for years now. Maybe they'll do somethnig with her in Melee 3.0

she doesnt need a rework at all. they need to remove that invulnerability from hysteria, give her more hp as a proper tank should have, turn ripline into a dash like slashdash or landslide and shes good to go.

3 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

she doesnt need a rework at all. they need to remove that invulnerability from hysteria, give her more hp as a proper tank should have, turn ripline into a dash like slashdash or landslide and shes good to go.

Id prefer hysteria give damage reduction instead of invincibility. Remove the increase energy drain mechanic, keep the health regen mechanic, and give her a playstyle more like brick from borderlands.

Just now, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Id prefer hysteria give damage reduction instead of invincibility. Remove the increase energy drain mechanic, keep the health regen mechanic, and give her a playstyle more like brick from borderlands.

hahahaha ikr. all the bad things that are in hysteria i think are because of the invulnerability. they should just remove it since hysteria has lifesteal. i would definitely give her more HP though. same with atlas dont know why nidus can have 1k hp but atlas and valkyr are at 750. hell even ash has over 1k and he has fricken stealth.

47 минут назад, EinheriarJudith сказал:

This is already sounds like a good rework.

2 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

Please don't get rid of that. Hysteria is fine how it is

I really don't understand how you got to the conclusion that Garuda is just a better Valkyr. You didn't play her at all, did you?

As it stands Valkyr demolishes Garuda on every level. The one thing that Garuda has over Valkyr is that her gap closer is instant while Valkyr's laser hook takes a while and can be failed by pulling enemies due to it being from a time where CC was big.

Right now my Valkyr build with umbral mods has somewhere around 3500 armor before arcane proc, I don't need to build any attack speed on my melee weapons because of Warcry+Eternal War. I even made a max speed build for lower level missions, even in Arbitrations she's almost invulnerable.

On the other hand with Garuda everything takes time, your base stats are meh, you don't really have any decent buffs because atm the abilities scale with power really badly and her 4 is pretty useless for anything outside CC.

Garuda really needs some work. Love the theme though.

From what I have played of her, Garuda is a caster frame. if you're going to play this frame correctly then from I can tell you should just sit there and spam her fourth ability with max range to debuff all of the enemies. And let your team mates do the rest of the work. Her "4" is good but she doesn't have much else going on. Two of her abilities any other frame can do by equipping a few mods. Charging her "1" after debuffing enemies with "4" deals a lot of damage but doesn't seem practical unless you're going up against damage sponge enemies, which will stand around long enough to let you debuff them and then charge a nuke.

Edited by MudShadow

On 2018-11-09 at 5:35 PM, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

I thought you were there for that thread where I actually showed how Valkyr fit exactly into the Berserker myth, mate, because let me tell you that Garuda definitely doesn't fit.

Berserkers supposedly worked themselves into a mental state where their anger drove them into a battle frenzy, they didn't feel pain and as long as they had 'life force' (as it was referred to in the myths) they could survive blows or injuries that would kill other men. They still died if they took that kind of damage, but they didn't stop until their battle frenzy was spent. They would also divest themselves of their outer-wear to stun or strike fear into enemies, the way Valkyr sacrifices her shields to stun her enemies, and their war cries could embolden and bolster the strength of their allies while causing uncertainty in their opponents. The only thing about Valkyr that doesn't really fit the berserker theme is Ripline, however that is easily explained away because the berserkers came with raiding parties, who were basically pirates, who carried actual grapple lines to pull in enemy ships, use against enemies in battle, or even climb palisade walls to attack enemies inside fortifications if needed (not that the norse raiders actually did a lot of capturing places with actual defenses, they liked raiding villages where the men were untrained, the women plentiful and the livestock and crops were kept before being taken to the towns).

Garuda, on the other hand, is not a berserker. She does not ignore damage, she shields herself from it, diverting it into an orb of force that she has literally ripped from an opponent. She does not bolster her allies or put fear into her enemies, she sacrifices enemies on an alter of spines to draw strength from their suffering. Instead of sacrificing her defenses to stun her enemies, she will sacrifice her own blood for power (or energy). Then she strikes enemies with powerful magic that causes them to bleed, and weakens them so that any attack will cause more and more blood to spill.

Garuda is definitely a blood mage, a caster, not a berserker.

Although I do have to admit that there is some overlap with those claws. Key difference, though; Valkyr sustains through her claws, gaining life, while Garuda's are literally just blades she can move and attack with. Very much not the same thing.