One-Time Asset Transfer

(PSN)ICNU27

Hello,

I am wondering if there is any possibility of implementing an account asset transfer from one platform to another, just as a single-use option. I have played Warframe for years on PS4, with well over $800 spent on the account. I recently decided to build a PC and I very much want to play Warframe on it, but losing out on all the time, efforts, and items I have purchased and obtained really pushes me away from the idea of playing it. Starting over fresh just doesnt appeal to me. Is this something that might be in consideration, or a hard no? I've heard of other devs allowing it, such as Frontier with Elite: Dangerous. Just curious. Regardless, great game, love it to death, keep being awesome :)

10 minutes ago, (PS4)ICNU27 said:

I have played Warframe for years on PS4, with well over $800 spent on the account.

And that's the "issue". Why would Sony want to let you, as a customer, go? They won't make any more money from you, if you leave their platform.

So to answer your question, no there is no transfer from console to PC.
There is only a transfer from PC to a console, when Warframe releases for that console.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)ICNU27 said:

I've heard of other devs allowing it, such as Frontier with Elite: Dangerous.

Nice to see how many other CMDRs are also playing WF o7. I still refuse to write anything other than Front Ear after Drew's short story though ūüôā

Actually an asset transfer should, logistically speaking, be a lot less hassle than than a full account migration. Sure you would lose your MR and quests completion status and you would not be able to use any of your MR locked gear until you ranked up again. Quest rewards, plat and Tennogen would have to be left behind too for the sake of simplicity and a few other things like founder weapons and Excal Prime that aren't available on the other platforms but it could be a good compromise. It would depend on what agreements DE have with Microsoft and Sony though.

39 minutes ago, Shalath said:

you would not be able to use any of your MR locked gear until you ranked up again

That's not how MR locks work. If you have the gear, you can use it, even if you're not the right MR for it. Buying weapons from the Market or Prime Access bypasses MR restrictions, allowing them to use it. Some gear, like the Dex weapons, are given out for free, and are usable by those who don't have the MR for it. And when they change the MR requirement for weapons, like they did with the major rebalancing earlier this year, you still keep the use of your weapons (the Lex Prime, for example, had its MR raised to 8, but those who had it already were able to keep using it). So if your gear transferred over, you'd still be able to use it.

41 minutes ago, Shalath said:

a few other things like founder weapons and Excal Prime that aren't available on the other platforms

OP is looking to transfer from PS4 to PC. They already don't have Founders gear.

There is no way to do this now.  With the Switch release coming on 11/20 though, DE have mentioned they will most likely allow a one-time account migration though.  Question is, will they allow migrations only to the Switch?  Or will they allow migrations to any other platform?  My guess is they won't want to deal with all the headaches of multi-platform transfers and will only allow transfers to the Switch, but no one knows yet.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)SteveOMatic said:

There is no way to do this now.  With the Switch release coming on 11/20 though, DE have mentioned they will most likely allow a one-time account migration though.  Question is, will they allow migrations only to the Switch?  Or will they allow migrations to any other platform?  My guess is they won't want to deal with all the headaches of multi-platform transfers and will only allow transfers to the Switch, but no one knows yet.

When Xbox-Warframe got released, there was only PC to Xbox transfer.
So far there is no reason to think that this time, with the Switch, will be any different.
And as said before, there was never a transfer from one console to another. Again, no reason for it to happen now.

On 2018-11-09 at 11:08 AM, WhiteMarker said:

When Xbox-Warframe got released, there was only PC to Xbox transfer.
So far there is no reason to think that this time, with the Switch, will be any different.
And as said before, there was never a transfer from one console to another. Again, no reason for it to happen now.

Well, now that Warframe is on PS4 and Xbox, and the changing climate of crossplay, hopefully they'll allow consoles to Switch at least.  They've said that Xbox and PC are easy, but Sony is the difficult one.  Guess we'll find out soon enough with the launch coming soon.

Just a random thought related to all this account transfer stuff.  Originally Sony was very against multiplatform, mostly because of platinum.  Fortnite has Vbucks, and after a lot of badgering and bad publicity, they grudgingly agreed to at least try cross platform compatibility.  Perhaps in the future we might be able to simply use our accounts on any platform we desire without any kind of explicit transfer?

5 hours ago, (PS4)SteveOMatic said:

Well, now that Warframe is on PS4 and Xbox, and the changing climate of crossplay, hopefully they'll allow consoles to Switch at least.  They've said that Xbox and PC are easy, but Sony is the difficult one.  Guess we'll find out soon enough with the launch coming soon.

You are confusing Crossplay with a Transfer.
Crossplay means people from different platforms play together.
A Transfer means your account gets transfered from one platform to another.

For Crossplay the platforms need to have the same version of the game at all times. So the updates have to be at the same times. This means, one platform will always have to wait for the others to get an update.
And why would people from said console would want to wait? JUst so they can play with someone from another platform. I don't think people want to wait for updates just for that to happen...

And a Transfer is unlikely because if you leave a platform, then the platform's company won't get your money anymore. Why would the platform's company want that to happen? They want your money. They won't let you leave.

9 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

You are confusing Crossplay with a Transfer.
Crossplay means people from different platforms play together.
A Transfer means your account gets transfered from one platform to another.

For Crossplay the platforms need to have the same version of the game at all times. So the updates have to be at the same times. This means, one platform will always have to wait for the others to get an update.
And why would people from said console would want to wait? Just so they can play with someone from another platform. I don't think people want to wait for updates just for that to happen...

And a Transfer is unlikely because if you leave a platform, then the platform's company won't get your money anymore. Why would the platform's company want that to happen? They want your money. They won't let you leave.

I'm correlating the two, not confusing them.  I wasn't clear on that, my bad.  I know the difference, but with the change in crossplay mindset, I think the door has opened to allowing cross platform transfers.  Sony and MS were at odds with everything before, so I get that they didn't allow it back when they launched on Xbox (or may they couldn't from a technical standpoint, I have no idea), but I think the climate has changed, and the door is open for the possibility. 

Sony just allowed crossplay for Fortnite, and that results in a loss of sales and revenue for them, but they let it happen.  Pissing off your customers can be as much or more of a revenue loss as giving them freedom to move where they please.  Lose them for a game, or lose them for good. 

Like I said, we'll see when they launch.  It would look really bad if Xbox and PC could transfer to Switch but PS can't.  DE has said it would be easy for PC or Xbox transfer to Switch, so we'll see how Sony handles it.  

2 hours ago, (PS4)SteveOMatic said:

Sony just allowed crossplay for Fortnite

People need to stop comparing Fortnite with Warframe.
Warframe is nothing compared to Fortnite.
Just because Sony does something for the sake of Fortnite, does something for Epic Games, for the people making the Unreal Engine, doesn't mean they do anything for everyone.
Epic Games can pressure other companies into doing something. DE gets pressured into doing something. That's the difference. And that's why you can't compared these two situations.

2 hours ago, (PS4)SteveOMatic said:

DE has said it would be easy for PC or Xbox transfer to Switch

Mind to post a source?

On 2018-11-12 at 11:27 AM, WhiteMarker said:

People need to stop comparing Fortnite with Warframe.
Warframe is nothing compared to Fortnite.
Just because Sony does something for the sake of Fortnite, does something for Epic Games, for the people making the Unreal Engine, doesn't mean they do anything for everyone.
Epic Games can pressure other companies into doing something. DE gets pressured into doing something. That's the difference. And that's why you can't compared these two situations.

Mind to post a source?

https://massivelyop.com/2018/07/07/tennocon-2018-warframe-is-coming-to-nintendo-switch-some-cross-platform-a-possibility/

Steve says it's not possible for PS4, possible for Xbox, easy for PC.  This was prior to the Fortnite change in Sept.  The popularity of Fortnite allowed them to break down Sony, but that's not the only point, it's the fact that they broke through and now the door is open for more.  Sony has already said it will have more information on other titles going forward.  This could be PR speak, or it could not.  The more popular a game the more chance there is to allow it, I get that.  Warframe isn't Fortnite, but it doesn't have to be.  It's popular, and we'll see if it's popular enough.  DE would be another voice in the growing tide of devs looking for crossplay or something of the sort, and they reported 38 million registered users this year on the 5th anniversary, with 7 million added this past year.  That's not exactly small potatoes.  Hopefully Xbox will be included in the account migration, which may force Sony's hand.  We'll see what they announce once the Switch version launches. 

I get the barriers for not allowing it, but there is enough evidence to be hopeful for it to be included.