Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing flight trail visuals.

Tyanya

Question

Hi there everyone

Hope you're all having a great time with the new content. Just a couple of questions about as the title says, archwing flight trail visuals, I'm referring to the blue bordering effect that you can see in the images below.

b63iDj1.jpg wplOCtz.jpg

So my questions are: 

1. Is the visual effect new? (with the latest update)

2. If it's not new, was it an option I accidentally changed and is there a way to reduce or turn off the visual all together?

Thanks then ☺️

10 answers to this question

It's not new.  I have it on mine as well only it's a red color because that's the color of the energy I set for my AW.  As for how to reduce the effect, I think it can be effected by weapon trail settings in the options.  If not, then just give it a very dark energy color and that would make it less visible.  

58 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

It's not new.  I have it on mine as well only it's a red color because that's the color of the energy I set for my AW.  As for how to reduce the effect, I think it can be effected by weapon trail settings in the options.  If not, then just give it a very dark energy color and that would make it less visible.  

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I have all trail settings turned off in options and have set energy to black, but still I'm getting this blue tunnelling effect, it's great if you like reminiscing about 80's Doctor Who, but it's really hurting my eyes and obscuring a large section of my screen.

1 hour ago, Tyanya said:

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I have all trail settings turned off in options and have set energy to black, but still I'm getting this blue tunnelling effect, it's great if you like reminiscing about 80's Doctor Who, but it's really hurting my eyes and obscuring a large section of my screen.

I will double check when I get back home from work.  I haven't fully played the new update yet as I want to have enough time to fully immerse myself in it.  I'll post back after.  

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

I will double check when I get back home from work.  I haven't fully played the new update yet as I want to have enough time to fully immerse myself in it.  I'll post back after.  

Aaaaww thank you very much, I appreciate it.

hQZVkCK.jpg

Here's an updated image, as you can see the 2 small black trails indicate the energy colour chosen but the mass of blue which wasn't chosen anywhere surrounds the whole archwing in a tunnelling kind of effect when moving at any speed.

On ‎2018‎-‎11‎-‎09 at 3:26 PM, Tyanya said:

Aaaaww thank you very much, I appreciate it.

hQZVkCK.jpg

Here's an updated image, as you can see the 2 small black trails indicate the energy colour chosen but the mass of blue which wasn't chosen anywhere surrounds the whole archwing in a tunnelling kind of effect when moving at any speed.

Now that I've played the update, I can quite easily see what you meant.  The tunnel effect with the blue energy much more annoying that I had previously thought.  

It wasn't here before the update, I haven't found a way to turn it off anywhere and I can't see [Sheev] through this effect. I can only assume that this has something to do with the lighting engine being busted after Mainline update and now Fortuna as well. Hopefully DE will fix it soon.

Thanks for all your replies, I honestly thought I was going mad there for a minute, thought that maybe it was always there and yet I'd somehow forgot. ☺️

I think it was always there but very faint, now it's so much more pronounced it's much harder to ignore, especially when looking down below or moments of combat.

If anyone manages to find out what setting or settings effect these visuals could you let us know please, or hope DE revert what ever change to settings that caused this and make that the default.

Thanks

Just now, Tyanya said:

I think it was always there but very faint, now it's so much more pronounced it's much harder to ignore, especially when looking down below or moments of combat.

That is actually a good point, since it's probably treated as energy in the game it might be considered as a light source and with broken lighting everything in the direct light has, like, 300% brightness. This can be seen especially well if you take Rhino Prime with his fancy iron skin and walk in and out of brightly lit areas. It looks fine in the shade, but in the light it breaks, same thing probably happens with this effect.

I've tried playing with different setting on Jupiter tilesets, but couldn't find anything that would fix this within the game. I am however running on a pretty old rig with my Nvidia setting prioritizing performance, so that doesn't help, although it was all fine before the mainline rolled out.

This effect is not only makes my eyes bleeding.. it's a headache, especially if it's night at Plains of Eidolon. Just super bright blue effect even when moving on archwing without boost. Poor epileptics, even in remission I fear such visual effect can worse the case. Plz DE fix this asap.

Actually K-drive has the same effect, but my free board has gold energy(can't change the color anyway), it's not so bright as AW one, and bothers me less. Still uncomfortable.