Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna Help : fishing and hunting

mikakor

Hunting works like this. Get a lure and tran rifle in the gear wheel and head out. Once in the vallis you will have to equip the lure and the map will show you animal prints icon, remember this is mandatory since no lure EQUIPPED and no icon is shown (and therefore, no hunt)

Go to the place shown by the icon and you will fin an animal drop..actual poop, not an item. It's clearly marked so it's impossible to miss. Interact with the poop and start following the prints. Things get interesting now, if you run around in the area you will never find anything. You actually need to follow the tracks and, if you don't see where they lead next, just crouch and wait a few seconds to see the next ones (very immersive mini game  in my opinion). This will lead you to the animal nest where you have to use the lure. To attract the animal you have to point the lure in the right direction including height, left and right are not enough. When you see the blue dot in the middle of the side bar you are pointing in the right direction (it's much harder to explain, do it in game and it will be natural). Call the animal and, if successful, Biz will warn you to take cover. Do so and ready your tranq rifle, take your aim and fire when you have a clear shot. collect the prey, grofit!

Fishing is almost the same as PoE since you only have to click when the red dot enters the safe zone

EDIT: With lure equipped I mean you actually have to use it, having it in the gear wheel won't do

Edited by Olphalarepth

8 minutes ago, Vanilla_nuka said:

Its just like PoE, all of your PoE fishing and mining gear works in orb vallis, but for undamage fish, and rare minerals, you need to buy the electric rod from the biz, and the new mining laser from another vendor, forget his name

and hunting? i've seen the stream, but... i don't understand how to trigger a hunt.

Just now, Olphalarepth said:

Hunting works like this. Get a lure and tran rifle in the gear wheel and head out. Once in the vallis you will have to equip the lure and the map will show you animal prints icon, remember this is mandatory since no lure EQUIPPED and no icon is shown (and therefore, no hunt)

Go to the place shown by the icon and you will fin an animal drop..actual poop, not an item. It's clearly marked so it's impossible to miss. Interact with the poop and start following the prints. Things get interesting now, if you run around in the area you will never find anything. You actually need to follow the tracks and, if you don't see where they lead next, just crouch and wait a few seconds to see the next ones (very immersive mini game  in my opinion). This will lead you to the animal nest where you have to use the lure. To attract the animal you have to point the lure in the right direction including height, left and right are not enough. When you see the blue dot in the middle of the side bar you are pointing in the right direction (it's much harder to explain, do it in game and it will be natural). Call the animal and, if successful, Biz will warn you to take cover. Do so and ready your tranq rifle, take your aim and fire and the animal when you have a clear shot. collect the prey, grofit!

Fishing is almost the same as PoE since you only have to click when the red dot enters the safe zone

holy #*!%, thanks for this explanation!!! ^^ much appreciated.

and yes, i figured out, for fishing. it feels SO good honestly, hearing this "PEW" EMP wave shock when catching one. an orgasm.

There's something I don't understand about fishing.  I got it pretty quickly that we had to hit lmb when it hit the red zone but when I catch the fish, it gives me a number of "points'.  This goes anywhere from 0.1 to 8 so far.  What is affecting this point system?  I initially thought it was the equivalent of the "weight" of the fish like in POE but it varied widely in the same area with the same type of fish.

whenever i get to the sound mimicking part of the hunting it nearly always seems to break, either the first part where you call the animal doesn't happen and then they spawn but don't come anywhere near the nest thing or the marker that you follow in the second part never shows up. it's really frustrating.

6 hours ago, Zeoran said:

There's something I don't understand about fishing.  I got it pretty quickly that we had to hit lmb when it hit the red zone but when I catch the fish, it gives me a number of "points'.  This goes anywhere from 0.1 to 8 so far.  What is affecting this point system?  I initially thought it was the equivalent of the "weight" of the fish like in POE but it varied widely in the same area with the same type of fish.

The highest I've gotten was 15. I have absolutely no idea what affects points still. If anything.

On 2018-11-09 at 10:20 AM, Zeoran said:

For mining, your rating is the best when you're in the exact centre of the zone, so I imagine it's the same for servofishing: highest points when you hit the EMP in the exact centre of the red zone. The servofishes don't seem to have sizes (small, medium, large) like they do on PoE, but they have another rating: basic, adorned, or magnificent. I assume this is based on the points and, like PoE, affects the amount of servo guts or Standing the servofish is worth.

On 2018-11-09 at 6:54 PM, DoctorLeonidas said:

The highest I've gotten was 15. I have absolutely no idea what affects points still. If anything.

I thought it was the equivalent of the weight/size from cetus. More points = "larger" fish = more materials when cut.

Edited by nms.

Fish will have randomized point values, and B(asic), A(dorned), M(agnificent) are the three achievable ranks depending on where on the point scale your fish is. Higher rank means more materials! And an M fish can be put on a trophy.

I, too, love the fishing, mining and hunting in the game. Very nice alternatives to bounties - now let me get more rewards with it, too! 😄

6 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

For mining, your rating is the best when you're in the exact centre of the zone, so I imagine it's the same for servofishing: highest points when you hit the EMP in the exact centre of the red zone. The servofishes don't seem to have sizes (small, medium, large) like they do on PoE, but they have another rating: basic, adorned, or magnificent. I assume this is based on the points and, like PoE, affects the amount of servo guts or Standing the servofish is worth.

Rating is based on the optional parts stuck to the fish.
Each fish has a set of optional parts that have different chances of spawning and the sum of all optional parts makes the rating.
My current tests indicate that points don't affect the rating as you can already see the "tier" of the fish before you catch it.

(This info is from my own experience with ~300 fishes)
Example: Kriller spikes can range from 0 to 4. A basic kriller can have 0-1 spike, tier 2 kriller range from 1-3 spikes, tier 3 from 2-4
Combined with the other optional parts on the side of the head it will give you the final category

Fun fact for Conservation: if you're with someone else in the party, but they don't have the proper lure, they can still get credit (badges/standing) for the capture. Unlike fishing, picking up an animal will show it on the party's screen, not just yours, and it counts for everyone.