General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Low level mobs one-shotting high level warframes

NyghtBurn

Attempting to do a bounty in my maxed out Zephyr prime with full Vitality and Armored Agility mods installed (450 shields / 1,100hp / 108 Armor), against level 7-13 mobs and twice I got one-shotted from full health by a standard Corpus mob.

Meanwhile, in the normal game (and even higher level Fortuna Bounties.. This was the second bounty on the list), level 60-70 mobs can barely dent my health. There's a serious disconnect on damage scaling or something. This isn't the first time it's happened either. The same thing happened to me last night using Excalibur Umbra (300 shields / 860hp / 990 Armor) as well as Volt Prime (720 Shield / 700 hp / 145 Armor).

you probably got one shot by a giant orb spider a mile away lobbing artillery into the fight, and didn't notice.  i've started taking ridiculous damage a few times, and looked around to see a giant spider halfway up a mountain firing at me (or the general area)

Edited by SaHaira

This also happened to me but with Valkyr prime, which isn't too tanky tbh. But still, getting rekt by level 5-7 enemies is just too much, while 20 minutes on hydron is a piece of cake.

EDIT: I also made sure that there weren't any big-ass spiders even remotely close to me.

Edited by Aris_Yaeger

1 hour ago, SaHaira said:

you probably got one shot by a giant orb spider a mile away lobbing artillery into the fight, and didn't notice.  i've started taking ridiculous damage a few times, and looked around to see a giant spider halfway up a mountain firing at me (or the general area)

I suppose that's possible, but there was nothing on the mountains or anything within visual range. So if that's the case, that's even worse!

I haven't been one shot, but I've been running it in a saryn with max arcane guardian / grace and a full umbral build. It's pretty tanky. Several times I've been dropped to ~500 health while guardian was up from full health / shields, so something is definitely hitting much harder than a level 5 should. This was at the spaceport, didn't see any spiders around and the reinforcement level was only at 1.

There's a bug where Opticor Terra Corpus Snipers can shoot through the walls, I've been one shotted by them and the Penta Turrets with opticors on them as well. They can do this at any range, even while crouching or in cover. Had one that was 100M away on top of a slope hit me through a base wall while I was capturing.

If that's not it, the new Bursa/MOA hybrids have artillery and will decimate you pretty quickly, those air strikes do tremendous damage.

Also keep an eye for Raptors, Hyenas, and especially Jackals with their machine guns. The medium spiders due a large amount of damage when they melee.

Yo ho friendos. Twas no spider that did this. FOR YOU SEE! I too have felt the sting of the CORPUS SNIPER!!! (at least that's the one that 1-shots me.) He likes to lurk within the dense snowdrifts waiting for the perfect opportunity. Tis a savage best he is; Practiced and true! It be an unnatural thing to cross the snipers path as not army nor behemoth could do what this one man has done. He be the ranged Jhon Pordman! yar ARRRrrrRrrRrrrrrrr...

Please tell me the sniper has some bugged damage values.

Edited by Mammary

Also remember that even if you are doing a low level mission, enemy level scales up with alert level.

For example if you go solo into orb vallis, enemies will be lvl 10-30 at alert level 0. However, at alert level 4 they will be 72 along with spawning the "advanced" units who can do quite a lot of damage even on tankier frames.

Edited by Onds

On 2018-11-09 at 1:32 PM, NyghtBurn said:

Attempting to do a bounty in my maxed out Zephyr prime with full Vitality and Armored Agility mods installed (450 shields / 1,100hp / 108 Armor), against level 7-13 mobs and twice I got one-shotted from full health by a standard Corpus mob.

Meanwhile, in the normal game (and even higher level Fortuna Bounties.. This was the second bounty on the list), level 60-70 mobs can barely dent my health. There's a serious disconnect on damage scaling or something. This isn't the first time it's happened either. The same thing happened to me last night using Excalibur Umbra (300 shields / 860hp / 990 Armor) as well as Volt Prime (720 Shield / 700 hp / 145 Armor).

So what I have noticed is the fire rate is high for all mobs on Fortuna.

Really high, so mobs that are like level 15-20 fire like 2-3 times per second or more.  

This mean shields are worthless, they will never go back up as you always taking damage from some enemies.

I run Inaros only so I can soak up loads of dmg via hp.