Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE - Can I have the option to scale UP my content?

Ikyr0

I'm a simple man - I don't wanna one-shot mobs with my 6-forma weapon. I'd like an option to fight lvl 100+ enemies right off the bat, instead of waiting 1hr+ in Arbies and survivals. At the very least, I'd like to scale up my Syndicate missions. It would be extra nice if rewards were increased for fighting harder enemies, but for now I'd be happy to just challenge my builds with something. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

- I don't wanna one-shot mobs with my 6-forma weapon.

Then don't use a 6 forma weapon.

This game is designed around a power fantasy. We are deadly space ninjas one man armying the hordes. 

To get a challenge in a game with this design element, you need to challenge yourself. The other way around ruins it for the people who enjoy the power fantasy.

We've asked for consistent higher level content for years. This may actually be the best way to do it!

They could make it after you've completed every node and reach a minimum MR you unlock a toggle option for "Elite Star Chart" or something catchy. With that toggled on every mission in the game is playable at (original mission level +100) and can only matchmake with other players with the option toggled on. All reward quantities are increased and maybe even new high level rewards only obtainable from these missions (like how nightmare mods only acquired from Nightmare nodes).

All new gameplay available for high level players and it will prevent many of them from needing to blow through low level missions ruining the experience for first timers. I love this idea!

4 minutes ago, Erytroxylin said:

This game is designed around a power fantasy. We are deadly space ninjas one man armying the hordes. 

To get a challenge in a game with this design element, you need to challenge yourself. The other way around ruins it for the people who enjoy the power fantasy.

No, that is a terrible excuse to avoid fixing the lack of appropriate scaling design in this game. It goes the other way around. If you don't want a challenge then you can run around mercury soloing enemies with your 6 forma weapon so you can go on your power trip.

19 minutes ago, Erytroxylin said:

I'm sorry, but this is just excuses for lazy game design. I'm not even a "vet", I'm only 400 hours in. And I badly need content to challenge my builds. This needs to be more convenient...I don't have time to sit in an Arby for over an hour every day. I worked hard to get to a certain power level, now I'd like to use it for something meaningful. I'm not gonna "downscale" myself, that's just really silly. I want go look good, and want it to feel good. I want to use my Zaw that I worked hard on. But I also want challenge.

14 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

The big question is though, would you be okay with scaling up mission levels considerably without a commensurate increase in rewards?

Hell yea, I said that. For a start, I wouldn't mind just working harder to get the rewards I'm already getting. IF rewards scaled up as well, I certainly wouldn't complain.

Edited by Ikyr0

19 minutes ago, Erytroxylin said:

If I had a penny for everytime in every game this horribly lazy idea is mentioned I'd be the richest man on earth.

It also ruins jack and S#&$ for others if we can crank it up. He isnt saying it should start at X level for everyone. There should be an option, a slider, a scale, a crank, a lever or a bucket to fill with difficulty.

9 minutes ago, Erytroxylin said:

Of course not. They don't actually want the challenge. They want power creep.

He didn't ask for weapons to get stronger...how does it encourage power creep? YOU are literally the one that is asking for power creep by refusing content that is an actual challenge for the limits we already possess. Lol

1 minute ago, ChargeBeam said:

Personally never understood the "I want to make this weapon curbstomp everything and now I want to find out when it stops curbstomping" thing.

Gun can kill things? Good, I'll use it.

I also never understood the "I'm ok with clicking once to wipe out an entire room of lvl 20 enemies, and I like doing it over and over again."

Like, there's a FINE balance between feeling strong and things not being free, you know what I mean? There are actually moments like this in WF! All I'm saying is let me get right into it, don't make me wait an hour.

41 minutes ago, Erytroxylin said:

Ow. Why does this ridiculous suggestion keep coming up. That's just silly design. No game should be without challenge. Play low leveled content if you want your supreme overlord fantasy played out. I don't see why people are so against de progressing the game forward rather than keeping it where it is, and de is trying clearly to progress. 

And of course the the creator of this comment isn't responding to any of the critiques because there's no defending this point of view. 

Edited by Ker-Blammo

I don't know. You can start by posting this in Feedback instead of just posting in where most players hang around for visibility. This has already been asked for many times, but since you're literally addressing DE in the title, you should know you're not getting the right kind of visibility. DE will not see this post. Learn to post your feedback in Feedback.

il y a 56 minutes, Erytroxylin a dit :

Standard bullS#&$ response, thank you for your contibution dude 😄

il y a 52 minutes, SenorClipClop a dit :

The big question is though, would you be okay with scaling up mission levels considerably without a commensurate increase in rewards?

Yeah. It happens now, and on top of no increased rewards you also have to slog through one hour of mobs that barely tickle you and die to a stray sneeze. 

If i could just jump the first hour i would be a happy tenno. 

il y a 45 minutes, Erytroxylin a dit :

Of course not. They don't actually want the challenge. They want power creep.

Second standard bullS#&$ response in a row, damn dude you're in for some record breaking here 😄

6 minutes ago, Lance_Lionroar said:

I don't know. You can start by posting this in Feedback instead of just posting in where most players hang around for visibility. This has already been asked for many times, but since you're literally addressing DE in the title, you should know you're not getting the right kind of visibility. DE will not see this post. Learn to post your feedback in Feedback. 

thanks, will do. im new to these forums.

Off thread, but why do people constantly act as if one shotting enemies is a bad thing? This is a horde shooter, there's only 1 (or 4) of you and millions of enemies, if i were to take considerable amounts of time to kill each and every single enemy in the game with a weapon i wasted SIX forma with id get frustrated pretty damn quick.

8 minutes ago, Learicorn said:

Off thread, but why do people constantly act as if one shotting enemies is a bad thing? This is a horde shooter, there's only 1 (or 4) of you and millions of enemies, if i were to take considerable amounts of time to kill each and every single enemy in the game with a weapon i wasted SIX forma with id get frustrated pretty damn quick.

I'm coming from the perspective of a player who likes being challenged by PVE content. having some kind of difficulty slider would make everyone happy.

Edited by Ikyr0

3 hours ago, Vox_Preliator said:

"What you're asking for doesn't exist yet, but in the meantime you can simulate it by weakening yourself instead."

"No, we have to have challenge directly handed to us by the developers themselves or it doesn't count for some reason, therefore I shall insult you and your position"

summed up the whole thread in 2 sentences. 

DE aren't focusing on level 100+ content anymore becuase thye want to ensure that newer and more casual players remain invested in the game. the moment you start feeling like you need a challenge, you're better off playign another game entirely, warframe is intended to be a power fantasy where you only get stronger.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

summed up the whole thread in 2 sentences. 

DE aren't focusing on level 100+ content anymore becuase thye want to ensure that newer and more casual players remain invested in the game. the moment you start feeling like you need a challenge, you're better off playign another game entirely, warframe is intended to be a power fantasy where you only get stronger.

as explained in a recent LifeOfRio video, this is a foolish strategy as the game will just keep bleeding players, instead of continuing to grow on top of a stable vet population.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

To some degree, Fortuna does have this. It's not perfect, but at full alert the enemies are pretty tough and spawn in fast. It's no Dark Souls but it's enough to keep things interesting at least.

yeah, i ran a few high level bounties at the highest alert, and it felt way, way better than PoE. I'd  like for them to bring alert levels into PoE bounties as well at the very least.

Edited by Ikyr0

7 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

as explained in a recent LifeOfRio video,

honestly not a fan of him, or any serious warframe youtubers. he makes good points but acts like he's the only person that sees it. we know there are other, better strategies, but if they don't bring in the cash ASAP, they won't be considered. DE is a business, and they will always choose the path that grants them revenue the fastest. they also need to keep making money to keep pumping into these open world projects, since this seems to be the model they're going for now; trying to get out one open world map a year. that means a lot of cash, a lot of resources, and a lot of time. 

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

3 hours ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

I agree. Each node should have difficulty level options, that way everyone wins.

Good luck with matchmaking then. you can’t even find a team when there’s a single node, now you want to have different sessions for each node? Doubt it’ll happen