Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE - Can I have the option to scale UP my content?

Ikyr0

21 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

as explained in a recent LifeOfRio video, this is a foolish strategy as the game will just keep bleeding players, instead of continuing to grow on top of a stable vet population.

I can't fully agree with that view. Whilst I agree that there needs to be some form of endgame for for vets, ultimately, vets still don't buy any plat since they have built up time to acquire lots of valuable items and ways to acquire more of those items without much worry. So, DE does ultimately need to bring in as many new players as they can.

You can't build a house off of just a stable foundation.

16 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

Good luck with matchmaking then. you can’t even find a team when there’s a single node, now you want to have different sessions for each node? Doubt it’ll happen 

Good observation. Instead, DE can do it like GTA matches, when you join there could be some indicator of what difficulty level the host has chosen.

All I'm saying is right now, and personally for me, the only way to see the amazing color show that the Infested become around 2 hours into survival is for me to go in with my Inaros or Nidus OR with my super tank Nekros (he does start getting one shot at that point if I'm not careful). I used to be able to do this with Valkyr. However, the real problem is that after a while only your melee weapon (with good status and elementals, ofc) is doing real damage, eventually your wrist (console problems?) will suffer. I will no longer do extended solo runs for this reason. So I'd like to cut out the long wait and just start out with the enemies raging!

I love arbitrations, but those enemy armor sentinels make melee fun nearly impossible, I would have to constantly ground slam, slide massacre, etc., I love the feeling of wacking and slashing the living daylights out of enemies. I may have to give in and add Primed Reach to my Galatine, which is going to kill my current ruthless ninja build. So basically, I need a mission like arbitration but without those enemy armor sentinels.

22 hours ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

We've asked for consistent higher level content for years. This may actually be the best way to do it!

They could make it after you've completed every node and reach a minimum MR you unlock a toggle option for "Elite Star Chart" or something catchy. With that toggled on every mission in the game is playable at (original mission level +100) and can only matchmake with other players with the option toggled on. All reward quantities are increased and maybe even new high level rewards only obtainable from these missions (like how nightmare mods only acquired from Nightmare nodes).

All new gameplay available for high level players and it will prevent many of them from needing to blow through low level missions ruining the experience for first timers. I love this idea!

This is an idea I can get behind

Yes I'd love that! An elite level 100-200+ version of the star chart. 

Each time DE attempts to design a game mode for vets/endgame, they miss the mark and it's a big disappointment. ESO with the crap efficiency kicks you out no matter what you do and prevents you from going above sortie lvl enemies. Arbitrations has enemy lvl scaling MUCH slower than regular endless missions god knows why, so good luck staying there 5 hours if you want to fight high lvl.

I mean, cmon, just give us a difficulty slider to pick enemy level.

23 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

The big question is though, would you be okay with scaling up mission levels considerably without a commensurate increase in rewards?

First they ask for harder missions. Then they whine about rewards.

Every f*** time 🤣