Please increase the Inspiration Hall cap above 3, it's the only good dojo room.

Shahrizai

DE, Please increase or remove the limit on inspiration halls.

TLDR: It is by far the best room. Without it players are forced to break out of the observatory in order to have access to a large unrestricted building space.

As someone who likes to seriously jazz up their dojo the inspiration hall was an absolute breath of fresh air. The other rooms are all frustrating to decorate in some way or another.
Every garden has prebuilt items or structures that force you to adapt your design to them, as does the hall of honor, and in the smaller gardens the no-build zones near the doors eat up a significant portion of the available space. Many of the larger dojo pieces like the curved ice wall literally do not fit in these rooms at all except at the smallest sizes and strangest angles, making them worthless in those rooms.
The other halls, in addition to being smaller and limited to a single instance each, all have columns that are annoying to design around or hide.

When I went on a tour of the winners from the dojo contest I noticed something that is common in my own dojo designs. Tons and tons of Observatories with almost nothing built inside the actual structure, but lots of stuff built outside them in space... in a zone that is supposed to be inaccessible to players.
Players are literally breaking your game in order to gain access to unfettered building space. On top of that, every single dojo you gave a 1st place spot to in the contest used multiple observatories in this manner. Your dojo contest judges already implicitly admitted that more free-build space makes for better dojo designs.

Which is why I was so excited about the inspiration hall which has massive unrestricted building space. It's big enough that the even the 6 doors don't eat a significant portion of the space, it has no pre-built structures inside the space that you have to work around, and it is big enough to place even the largest decoration pieces at their maximum size somewhat comfortably.

I was proud of my entry into the dojo contest, with what I'd been able to build with the available rooms and decorations that fit in them, but with the new hall I knew that I could make a much, much, much better dojo. Which is why when the dojo contest ended I blew up my entire dojo to re-build it from the ground up based around inspiration halls. The dojo I planned out had 11 inspiration halls, all with design themes already picked out.

I'm still going to be rebuilding my dojo. But now in order to have access to the same kind of building space, i'm going to have to build a minimum of 20 observatories, probably more to make up for lost space. In each one of those observatories I will be have to break your game in a minor way, just to be able to build in relatively unrestricted space. Then I will have to break it again, connecting each observatory through the void between them, just so players will be able to walk between those rooms without having to teleport.

So please, please increase the inspiration hall cap! Even if it's limited to like ten instances, even if that means having to reduce the available decoration capacity available in it. Please give us a way to enjoy decorating without having to resort to breaking your game!

Edited by Shahrizai
grammar
  • Like 2

Thank you! I absolutely agree!! I also instantly planned several more inspiration halls than I'm apparently going to be able to build, and I was definitely counting on building those for my design plans and now it's all cooked. That's not cool, DE. Make the halls unlimited-some of us treat this game like minecraft and just want to build, build, build.

• 1 month later...

I agree as well. We started building in symmetrical order, yet the other side of map couldn't have second inspirational hall there, because realised there's a cap of 3 rooms.

This isn't enough for comfortable designing (even if the clan has a few wardlords, not every of them can get their inspirational hall to work with), and isn't an even number, which also limits the symmetry.

If there's possibility to have even more obstacle courses than that, when they're much greater rooms. Please increase cap to at least double (6 rooms, an even number), 10 would be perfect for comfort designing.

It's also unfair, because other dojos who built their halls earlier, have them kept. It's obvious they will never destroy the dojo, knowing the low limit. The restriction will most likely block the development of every new dojo, which could become built from now on. New players and new decorators, growing clans, will have it as an disadvantage in compare to other greater clans. There will be no freedom of creating there. Existing clans will stop creating in dojos as well, since they can't do anything about their map order, and nobody will try to limit their workspace by deleting whole dojo, since after that they wouldn't be able to build many inspirational halls anymore. So existing clans will stop working in their dojos, and new clans will be disadvantaged in compare to existing, who designed their dojo before this restriction.

Edited by Ikedo

• 3 weeks later...

As a clan leader myself, seriously we need more inspiration halls plz.  these rooms are the only way (other than the space glitch) to get a large space for an outdoors feel, or to make any massive builds, and honestly we were hoping to jsut line up a bunch of these rooms back to back all with crazy builds

• 1 month later...

I totally agree with them. we need more inspiration halls. first because its not fair that some clans have more than 3 and second (as it was mentioned before) that it is the only way to get a large space for an outdoors feel where yo ucan build massive stuff like statues etc. ... . pls DE increase the limit we need more of them!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I can see the Dojos breaking by the ammounts of objects to be kept in memory.

I take the current system just prevents objects to render ( both each obect and geometry, as decorations get "clipped" in the Inspiration Hall) but does not unload and load them when needed or unloads only the objects very far away.

Hopefully the Inspirational Room limit gets removed ( we already heve a max room number, didn't they already tested dojos performance? 😕 ).

Could a solution be requiring Inspirational Rooms to be 2/3  room/corridors away from each other? having to build connectors and rooms that eat at the max room size is bad BUT if that way we can get Inspiration hall back and make the dojo we want i'm all for it.

On 2018-11-09 at 9:33 PM, Shahrizai said:

TLDR: It is by far the best room. Without it players are forced to break out of the observatory in order to have access to a large unrestricted building space

You're right... it is...

It also allows you to save alot of Forma.... which is DE isn't going to do anything about it.