Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas, Gara, and Khora stat stick behaviour?

LoofScared

With the recent release of Garuda and her claws, it is clear separate modding for abilities / passives is not limited solely to exalted weapons. When are Atlas, Gara and Khora getting their abilities, namely Landslide, Shattered Lash, and Whipclaw looked at and changed to be separately moddable so that we needn't rely in stat stick weapons to make the most out of them? I thought the update to exalted weapons was meant to remove such behaviour from the game entirely due to it being unintuitive and not liked by a majority of the playerbase?

2 hours ago, LoofSquared said:

With the recent release of Garuda and her claws, it is clear separate modding for abilities / passives is not limited solely to exalted weapons. When are Atlas, Gara and Khora getting their abilities, namely Landslide, Shattered Lash, and Whipclaw looked at and changed to be separately moddable so that we needn't rely in stat stick weapons to make the most out of them? I thought the update to exalted weapons was meant to remove such behaviour from the game entirely due to it being unintuitive and not liked by a majority of the playerbase?

Upvoted with the hope it happens.  You'd give up Rivens for this, but I think it'd be totally worth it to have the freedom of melee weapons with Atlas.

Edited by (PS4)ZeroSection

I am all for the separate modding for sake of consistentcy.

Especially since my builds feels so neutered when in *gun-only Sortie and thus my melee-based attack is a wet noodle.

-Yet exlated blade or Hysteria can remain at full force.

Excalibur and Wukong are the really odd-balls as they have Exalted weapons but a 1st ability that is dependent on an equipped melee weapon's mods. Those at the very least should have been changed to use the mods on Exalted weapon.

• 2 weeks later...

Another option would be to simply buff the abilities themselves sufficiently and remove all dependencies on mods... however this would likely end up making them extremely underpowered unless DE decided to make them scale somehow very differently from how they do as is or make them extremely potent outright, which would remove any sense of progression from the ability damage and make them one-button-kill-all solutions for all early game missions. A change is needed however, as stat stick behaviour is something that needlessly hinders potential gameplay variation by restricting one's weapon choices.

The whole point of being able to mod Exalted weapons separately was to remove the use of a "Stat Stick". Even after that change Atlas, Gara, and Khora still rely on Stat Sticks. Garuda really paved the way for these abilities to become moddable separately.

While it would be cool to also have access to Atlas's fists and Khora's whip as melee weapons when no melee is equipped, DE doesn't even have to go this route (even though I'd love Shattered Lash as maybe a single sword for Gara). They can have the abilities simply available to be modded without actually having access to them as weapons. Right now, I feel like there's no reason for Atlas Gara and Khora to not receive fair and similar treatment