Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Vault is Closing Soon!

[DE]Helen

On 2018-11-24 at 9:34 PM, KrissApollyon said:

Hmmm, how long will vault opening last? 

The Rhino/Nyx vault was July 24, 2018, to September 25, 2018, roughly two months. But on the wiki under Nova prime it says approximately one month. @[DE]Helen could you please tell, if the 1 month is correct, or can we expect to have a longer period than the middle of December to get the vault goodies?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to voice how poorly I feel you handled this Prime Unvault on the Nintendo Switch.

First lets start with the opening and closing dates for this Prime Unvaulting. The Vault opened on November 13, 2018. The Switch version of the game did not release until November 20, 2018. This means that Switch players will have had 1 less week to farm the relics for these Primes. On January 15th this Unvaulting will close on the Switch. Other Platforms have until the 29th of January. Shouldn't this be the other way around? Essentially Switch players are being given 3 less weeks to farm these relics than people on other platforms. 

To make matters worse, other platforms were given not just one but two places that these relics could be farmed specifically. On other platforms these relics are offered in not only the Plains of Eidolon bounties but, also the Fortuna bounties. On Switch these relics are not offered in the Plains of Eidolon bounties and Fortuna does not yet exist. This makes acquiring these relics and subsequently the Prime parts within them infinitly easier on other platforms. 

I play on both platforms, so I know first hand what the in game experience has been like to farm these Primes and I assure you that Switch players got the short end of the stick when it came to this Unvaulting. @[DE]Helen

10 hours ago, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

I just wanted to voice how poorly I feel you handled this Prime Unvault on the Nintendo Switch.

First lets start with the opening and closing dates for this Prime Unvaulting. The Vault opened on November 13, 2018. The Switch version of the game did not release until November 20, 2018. This means that Switch players will have had 1 less week to farm the relics for these Primes. On January 15th this Unvaulting will close on the Switch. Other Platforms have until the 29th of January. Shouldn't this be the other way around? Essentially Switch players are being given 3 less weeks to farm these relics than people on other platforms. 

To make matters worse, other platforms were given not just one but two places that these relics could be farmed specifically. On other platforms these relics are offered in not only the Plains of Eidolon bounties but, also the Fortuna bounties. On Switch these relics are not offered in the Plains of Eidolon bounties and Fortuna does not yet exist. This makes acquiring these relics and subsequently the Prime parts within them infinitly easier on other platforms. 

I play on both platforms, so I know first hand what the in game experience has been like to farm these Primes and I assure you that Switch players got the short end of the stick when it came to this Unvaulting. @[DE]Helen

I agree. It's even risky for us to do endless runs do to the random crashes which can cause us to lose the rewards. I've had several solo runs which crashed before 20mins, some were even while I was on my way to extraction.

I hope that we'll get better treatment next unvaulting.

14 hours ago, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

This, beyond frustrated with just how frustrating these relics were/are to farm. Still havent seen an axi s4 and have been playing since the switch version released

4 hours ago, (NSW)mrjzerman said:

I hope that we'll get better treatment next unvaulting.

Don't count on it.  They had the whole December month to fix the Relic issues on the Switch and they didn't.

There is a topic about it posted in the Switch bug forum on the 5th of December and has been completely ignored. In fact. The whole Switch forum has been completely ignored.

Now after the Christmas break they could have given it a priority to fix it and they didn't and as compensation actually extend the Prime Vault period to give people a chance!

Instead, they give the Switch community a huge slap in the face by closing the Vault two weeks earlier than other platforms! /Facepalm

I am currently seriously contemplating if I even want to continue playing the Switch version. All major effort clearly goes into the PC version, since it has already received several hotfixes after the Christmas break.

18 hours ago, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

This. I have similar thoughts. As much as I love this game and it's developers, this is a very frustrating issue and would really want to hear an explanation as to why this is the case for the Switch version of the game.

And without giving a single crap about the Switch players, they closed the Prime Vault!  Totally unnecessary and ZERO reason as to why they felt the need to do it two weeks sooner than every other platform!

There is was no patch, no update, nada for the Switch today. So why?  Makes no sense! /shrug

vor 11 Stunden schrieb (NSW)Jeronan:

Don't count on it.  They had the whole December month to fix the Relic issues on the Switch and they didn't.

There is a topic about it posted in the Switch bug forum on the 5th of December and has been completely ignored. In fact. The whole Switch forum has been completely ignored.

Now after the Christmas break they could have given it a priority to fix it and they didn't and as compensation actually extend the Prime Vault period to give people a chance!

Instead, they give the Switch community a huge slap in the face by closing the Vault two weeks earlier than other platforms! /Facepalm

I am currently seriously contemplating if I even want to continue playing the Switch version. All major effort clearly goes into the PC version, since it has already received several hotfixes after the Christmas break.

"

I am currently seriously contemplating if I even want to continue playing the Switch version. All major effort clearly goes into the PC version, since it has already received several hotfixes after the Christmas break."
You know that they dont do small hotfixes quick like that on consoles? they always need to reach in a cert for that

21 minutes ago, (NSW)Jeronan said:

And without giving a single crap about the Switch players, they closed the Prime Vault!  Totally unnecessary and ZERO reason as to why they felt the need to do it two weeks sooner than every other platform!

There is was no patch, no update, nada for the Switch today. So why?  Makes no sense! /shrug

Honestly the utter silence on this matter is what's the most disappointing thing about this. Here I kept hearing that DE is this amazing dev group who listens to their community. Guess that's only true if you play on PC. Also since we haven't received a hotfix yet, aren't the relics still ig?

23 minutes ago, xMarvin732 said:

"

I am currently seriously contemplating if I even want to continue playing the Switch version. All major effort clearly goes into the PC version, since it has already received several hotfixes after the Christmas break."
You know that they dont do small hotfixes quick like that on consoles? they always need to reach in a cert for that

They can do small hotfixes on consoles. Small hotfixes can be rolled out quickly these days on consoles.

It's the big content updates that require Certification. They are currently solely focused on releasing Fortuna part 1 on Switch and as such cannot release any hotfix.

The Prime Vault on the Switch is closed and you still can get the Relics in void btw.

"2) Mag & Nova Prime Vault closed! You can no longer purchase these Vaults - but the Relics are still in game, for now. Because we are between CERT updates (i.e trying to submit Fortuna soon), we cannot safely release a Hotfix. Our Status thread will continue to update based on our development progress.
"

Archived