Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Physx On Cpu

Baionlenja

Question

Hay, I'd like to use the sweet PhysX effects while playing, but alas I have an AMD GPU and Nvidia is not willing to let me use PhysX even though I could and should.

But I've heard it's possible with some workarounds, but everyone is so vague about it, I found a thread about PhysX and was instructed to go to their site and find a software to do it, but that wasn't very helpful.

So I'm just going ask straight that does anyone have any good answers regarding this? 

I know about running hybrid system but can't afford to buy another CPU just for PhysX. I believe my CPU might be able to handle it but couldn't find any settings files in Warframe files to enable this.

Edited by aurghmeister

Im fanboy? No.

Do i prefer nvidia over radeons?(multiple reasons you do not want to hear) Yes.

Do i know how to run physX on radeon ? No.

Can i suggest getting invidia then? Yes.

Do i FORCE YOU TO do it? NO.

Is it just personal advice, simple but hey, will it give you physX? Yes.

IS it advice- take or leave it? YES.

So why hating? if i was not helpfull, then maybe get advice from someone who can bypass main problem here.

Calling me fanboy not going to fix your problem.

My solution, be it drastic and not suitable for you, would.

From the mouth of Steve himself: "Nvidia helped us set up PhysX and we went with the hardware accelerated GPU setup. Radon cards don't have the necessary hardware to run GPU PhysX. I don't see this changing any time soon." Taken from one of the livestreams. Basically you will require Nvidia hardware to run it, and last I checked the Hybrid PhysX hack (primary AMD secondary Nvidia card for physx use with custom software) doesn't work with this game.

Edit - I haven't checked in a couple of months however so someone may have hacked it into a working state. Make sure you do some heavy research before you buy a secondary, low end nvidia card just to find out it does not work.

Hi there.

\o

I have a HD7870 (my main card) and a GT640 (for PhysX purpose only).

Unfortunately the only game I can't run with PhysX enabled is Warframe...

=/

Case-in-point: they have had to get rid of almost all of the complex movement and cut out half of the particles on the PhysX for the PS3 version which is using a hybrid implementation that is already superior to the purely CPU variant.

PS4 is using what is essentially a tablet/netbook processor that is far slower than mainstream PC CPUs, and it's currently mid-range GPU is almost certainly kept busy rendering graphics.

Modern x86 CPUs can frequently match or beat lower end NVIDIA hardware in PhysX benchmarks, some of the same hardware people use for dedicated PhysX cards.

Lets see, the 7950 Frozr III which uses a custom cooling solution which is significantly more expensive and effective than the standard one runs at 57 degrees celcius during an average gaming session according to Tom's Hardware. A stock 7950 averages 72. A stock 680 averages 65 according to the same sight. Based on that info: he is correct.

Temperature is far too dependent on fan profiles to be directly comparable between different parts without other qualifiers (noise levels for example). Temperature, in and of itself, doesn't mean much either.

It is true that a stock 7950 does generally put out more total heat (in BTUs or Watts) than a stock GTX 680, because they consume more power.