Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

garuda unfinished frame

DonOctavia

18 minutes ago, Redfeather75 said:

I think maybe garuda is still being worked on behind the scenes.

I just read that the specter of garuda doesn't do any abilities.

That sounds like stuff is still in the works here and there.

I do hope so. just had a run with a friend who played Nezha, and honestly Nezha got EVERYTHING Garuda needs to be viable; 90% damage reduction with complete CC immunity instead of that stupid shield she got would make huge difference for Garuda (though i can survive with her in high levels - her shield and lack of defensive abilities isn't good enough).

give her that and a much MUCH faster cast on her 4 and she'll be fine

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zeclem said:

yes, thats why i look up into things before spending real money on them instead of buying it and complaining that it wasnt what i wanted to be afterwards. cus i actually value my money. clearly unlike you. 

see that's where you're wrong

it's not about "it wasn't what i wanted to be" 

it's about "it's not what it was advertised to be" <---- which is what I wanted... you know... working as advertised? 

it's like going to buy a book, with the title "AMAZING STORY" and the resume in the back reads of an awesome story about awesome people that do awesome things" and you go and buy the book! but when you open it it's all blank and they say... hey what better way for a story to be awesome than to use your imagination!!!

Garuda was advertised as
- vampiric life leech, instead, we get a 10% leech on 1 target. that's the only leech she has... (MELEE)

- sacrificing her HP to get bonuses... ok 2HP to get a little extra damage barely worth the effort 

- murderous rampage with her claws no skills but you can use her little 2HP buff!! right??? (MELEE) but wait you are at 2HP... (good luck surviving poison)

- her 1A ability mirror absorbs damage (requires MELEE to activate)

- her 2 ability heals!! great... let's just pretend her passive doesn't exist then... (MELEE)

- 4 little damage but it's a great debuff to use with the 1 skill... but everything is already dead because Saryn and Volt and Ember just killed the whole map.

I feel that her whole kit is anti synergy! 

you need low HP to get the buff, yet your 2skill heal you.

you use low HP as your passive yet most of your kit is melee range.

your 4 ultimate is in a cone shape required for a distance attack yet the rest of the kit is melee range.

please don't go on about how she is fine... and doesn't need work... GARUDA is broken, her only synergy is 4-1 which takes preparation and time to charge. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SqualZell said:

it's about "it's not what it was advertised to be" <---- which is what I wanted... you know... working as advertised? 

it's like going to buy a book, with the title "AMAZING STORY" and the resume in the back reads of an awesome story about awesome people that do awesome things" and you go and buy the book! but when you open it it's all blank and they say... hey what better way for a story to be awesome than to use your imagination!!!

Garuda was advertised as
- vampiric life leech, instead, we get a 10% leech on 1 target. that's the only leech she has... (MELEE)

- sacrificing her HP to get bonuses... ok 2HP to get a little extra damage barely worth the effort 

- murderous rampage with her claws no skills but you can use her little 2HP buff!! right??? (MELEE) but wait you are at 2HP... (good luck surviving poison)

- her 2 ability heals!! great... let's just pretend her passive doesn't exist then... (MELEE)

- 4 little damage but it's a great debuff to use with the 1 skill... but everything is already dead because Saryn and Volt and Ember just killed the whole map.

your 4 ultimate is in a cone shape required for a distance attack yet the rest of the kit is melee range.

please don't go on about how she is fine... and doesn't need work... GARUDA is broken, her only synergy is 4-1 which takes preparation and time to charge. 

Garuda can survive perfectly in melee with low hp; she synergies extremely well with Quick Thinking and even get MORE energy per rank than other frames (though her max energy isn't as high as it should be imo).
combining Quick Thinking with Primed Flow and Hunter Adrenaline + some armor mod like Steel Fiber and she becomes quite durable frame!
all that left is some damage mitigation, which her shields provides nearly NONE!
why? WHY do I have to waste a mod slot on Adaptation to compensate for her useless-S#&amp;&#036;ty shield?! Why can't I have 90% damage reduction + CC immunity (like Nezha has) so I can have reliable defense while I go low-life?!
I just wasted 6 mod slots on defense just to compensate for what her incompetent shield should have done? thats ridiculous. 
sure, I can survive end-game no problem after wasting nearly all of the slots on defense, and have ton of fun with her, but she could and should BE BETTER! 
the price it takes to "fix" her incompetent shield is just too big, living no room for strength mods, and even then she still can't hold a candle to what other frames can do

I swear if they just drop that stupid shield and give her some reliable defensive buff to survive while at low health she'll be 10 times better!

as for her 4, I really don't mind its a cone-shaped, but the charge time need some drastic buff!

about her 2 and 3, I just use those as my -"Oh Sh*t" skills, when enemies drop me to 2hp and I am in a dangerous position, I immediatly pop her 2 before my energy runs out to make sure I'm safe and then after everything is clear I use 3 to regen energy and drop my health abit again

Edited by koryfunny

5 hours ago, koryfunny said:

Garuda can survive perfectly in melee with low hp; she synergies extremely well with Quick Thinking and even get MORE energy per rank than other frames (though her max energy isn't as high as it should be imo).
combining Quick Thinking with Primed Flow and Hunter Adrenaline + some armor mod like Steel Fiber and she becomes quite durable frame!
all that left is some damage mitigation, which her shields provides nearly NONE!
why? WHY do I have to waste a mod slot on Adaptation to compensate for her useless-S#&amp;&#036;ty shield?! Why can't I have 90% damage reduction + CC immunity (like Nezha has) so I can have reliable defense while I go low-life?!
I just wasted 6 mod slots on defense just to compensate for what her incompetent shield should have done? thats ridiculous. 
sure, I can survive end-game no problem after wasting nearly all of the slots on defense, and have ton of fun with her, but she could and should BE BETTER! 
the price it takes to "fix" her incompetent shield is just too big, living no room for strength mods, and even then she still can't hold a candle to what other frames can do

I swear if they just drop that stupid shield and give her some reliable defensive buff to survive while at low health she'll be 10 times better!

as for her 4, I really don't mind its a cone-shaped, but the charge time need some drastic buff!

about her 2 and 3, I just use those as my -"Oh Sh*t" skills, when enemies drop me to 2hp and I am in a dangerous position, I immediatly pop her 2 before my energy runs out to make sure I'm safe and then after everything is clear I use 3 to regen energy and drop my health abit again

TBH, 90% DR wouldn’t be enough for her. With Quick Thinking, 2 Umbral Mods + 90% DR, Primed Flow, 16,111EHP because of her current energy capacity and low health ( for the amount of Armor she got). With Adaption+ 2 Umbral Mods, and a extra 90% DR, she would have 17K. Similar EHP Valkyr Prime can reach without extra 90% DR on top of the similar Mods i would use in her. The reason why Nezha got that 90% DR is his whole kit focus on CC but with slight bonuses he can get with it. So he takes less damage by using that to his advantage. 17k would look high but from someone who used Valkyr Prime a lot, with that amount of EHP in high level Endurance runs, it’s enough to get OSKO. Another about the Shield is the Orb. DE designed that Shield just for that Orb’s damage Scaling. If DE wanted to give her DR, then the Orb would have to charge up a lot faster than it does right now.

Edited by GPrime96

4 hours ago, GPrime96 said:

TBH, 90% DR wouldn’t be enough for her. With Quick Thinking, 2 Umbral Mods + 90% DR, Primed Flow, 16,111EHP because of her current energy capacity and low health ( for the amount of Armor she got). With Adaption+ 2 Umbral Mods, and a extra 90% DR, she would have 17K. Similar EHP Valkyr Prime can reach without extra 90% DR on top of the similar Mods i would use in her. The reason why Nezha got that 90% DR is his whole kit focus on CC but with slight bonuses he can get with it. So he takes less damage by using that to his advantage. 17k would look high but from someone who used Valkyr Prime a lot, with that amount of EHP in high level Endurance runs, it’s enough to get OSKO. Another about the Shield is the Orb. DE designed that Shield just for that Orb’s damage Scaling. If DE wanted to give her DR, then the Orb would have to charge up a lot faster than it does right now.

the orb charges slow enough as it is if you don't focus on the shield, its not really effective

7 hours ago, koryfunny said:

Why can't I have 90% damage reduction + CC immunity (like Nezha has)

If they gave every warframe the same durability people would call the game trivial, boring, and uninteresting.
Blood letting generating a Dread ball  adding your lost hp to it would be lovely.
Gaining Armor = to 20-50% of Dread ball would be nice.
Having allies doused in blood from Blood letting share in that armor boost could be wonderful.
Having Garuda's talons gain damage speed relative to the amount of blood lost could be nice.

Nezha and any other thing that copied Rhino's iron skin seem to received CC immunity too.
That does not need to be a thing to copy.

2 minutes ago, DUSTCLOUD said:

If they gave every warframe the same durability people would call the game trivial, boring, and uninteresting.
Blood letting generating a Dread ball  adding your lost hp to it would be lovely.
Gaining Armor = to 20-50% of Dread ball would be nice.
Having allies doused in blood from Blood letting share in that armor boost could be wonderful.
Having Garuda's talons gain damage speed relative to the amount of blood lost could be nice.

Nezha and any other thing that copied Rhino's iron skin seem to received CC immunity too.
That does not need to be a thing to copy.

point is that for a frame that literally luanches her self into the front line, shes too fragile and got to waste too many mods on survivability. she needs some decent defense buff - thats all.

Edited by koryfunny

5 minutes ago, koryfunny said:

point is that for a frame that literally luanches her self into the front line, shes too fragile and got to waste too many mods on survivability. she needs some decent defense buff - thats all.

Agreed. that would mean her out of combat abilities would need to carry that load to allow preparation. Only one she has is her 3.

2 minutes ago, DUSTCLOUD said:

Agreed. that would mean her out of combat abilities would need to carry that load to allow preparation. Only one she has is her 3.

giving her 3 a timed defense buff, or upgrade her passive with a defense buff that increases the lower her HP...

also, I think she deserves CC immunity when running around with 10% health or lower

3 minutes ago, koryfunny said:

giving her 3 a timed defense buff, or upgrade her passive with a defense buff that increases the lower her HP...

also, I think she deserves CC immunity when running around with 10% health or lower

Can't agree with either of those.
DE has a history of completely replacing a passive for a new suggestion abandoning the old parts people wanted.
"Timed defense" has no meaning to me outside of Smeeta's charm. Dont like that at all too inconsistent.
Massive defense with no hp = massively screwed or mandatory QuickThinking which still creates modding limitations.
It would also make her avoid using Blood altar because you lose survivability if you heal. Doesn't deal with large incoming damage like Shattered shield.

Showed someone videos of her under heavy fire and the first response was "What about if she gets hit by a Napalm from a bombard. Can't survive that now can she?"

54 minutes ago, DUSTCLOUD said:

Can't agree with either of those.
DE has a history of completely replacing a passive for a new suggestion abandoning the old parts people wanted.
"Timed defense" has no meaning to me outside of Smeeta's charm. Dont like that at all too inconsistent.
Massive defense with no hp = massively screwed or mandatory QuickThinking which still creates modding limitations.
It would also make her avoid using Blood altar because you lose survivability if you heal. Doesn't deal with large incoming damage like Shattered shield.

Showed someone videos of her under heavy fire and the first response was "What about if she gets hit by a Napalm from a bombard. Can't survive that now can she?"

by "timed defense" I meant something like - get 100% increased armor and CC immunity for 30 seconds uppon using 3, you know - getting a defense buff to increase survivability when cutting your health in half?
if you manage her health and energy regulary it will be very consistent, in fact - I like the fact that she is a frame that actually got to use her whole kit, but it doesn't change the fact she still needs some buffs.
maybe they should change her 3 to some toggle ability that while active it drains her life for, lets say, 1% life per sec, and regens her energy for 50% of the drained life and while active she gains extra armor and CC immunity?

Quick Thinking is mendatory with her, I mean - they want you to stay at low health for her passive and they do give her more energy per rank compared to other frames (125% increased energy at rank 30 compared to 50% increase every other frame gets)...
I personally don't mind spending a mod or two, even 3 if needed, if that is the intended idea and theme for the frame.

but my problem with that is that if QT triggers (you reach 2hp and get hit) you will automatically stagger. generally speaking CC is very dangerous for every frame even before you count in the fact you'll be running around with only 2hp! 
so to get over it I have to use specific mods (Handspring and/or Pain Threshold), or run with specific melee weapon (2-handed heavy blades) to get CC immunity from it instead of using her claws?

that a bad design, a waste of more mod slots for survivability and generally something that shouldn't exist like that! 
that why I believe she DESERVES getting a built-in CC immunity of sort; whether through an ability or as part of her passive when she reaches low health (lets say, get CC immunity while below 100 hp)

know what, I just got an idea;

How about, giving her 3 a unique synergy with her other abilities in the next format:
after casting 3, Garuda gains ability boost charge that will enhance her next cast ability (except 3) with new/upgraded power.
casting any of her other ability will consume the charge for upgraded effect. 
Garuda can store 2 charges at a time (using 3 twice).

didn't thoroughly think about it cus I just got the idea right now, but for example, lets say that if Garuda uses the charge to enhance her 4 - she will instantly cast it at max size/range without charging.

5 minutes ago, koryfunny said:

How about, giving her 3 a unique synergy with her other abilities in the next format:
after casting 3, Garuda gains ability boost charge that will enhance her next cast ability (except 3) with new/upgraded power.
casting any of her other ability will consume the charge for upgraded effect. 
Garuda can store 2 charges at a time (using 3 twice).

So you just use 3 every time you use another ability? ... That sounds super annoying to me

1 minute ago, DUSTCLOUD said:

it's detailed, you quoted it, it's on page 5...

I must have missed it, sorry.

I wouldnt' mind gaining 20~50% of the damage stored by the blood ball as extra armor for Garuda, actually it might be a really good idea considering I rarely find my self bothering throwing the ball! atleast that way I get rewarded for storing damage in it and not get punished for not using it for a long time

2 minutes ago, koryfunny said:

I must have missed it, sorry.

I wouldnt' mind gaining 20~50% of the damage stored by the blood ball as extra armor for Garuda, actually it might be a really good idea considering I rarely find my self bothering throwing the ball! atleast that way I get rewarded for storing damage in it and not get punished for not using it for a long time

It's cool.
The second half i forgot to add on it was after casting it as a weapon you get the duration of the wonky shield we have now applied for it.
With Blood Letting allowing the production of the Dread ball equal to the amount of health lost to make energy.

Game takes the highest value charged as your armor value so charging for the spirit bomb would count towards it.
Not horribly squishy, but momentarily the tankiest thing in game with 6+ digit armor numbers

Everything else about her abilities we could leave alone if she could live long enough to use her abilities.

11 hours ago, Xyhon said:

Really, bother some1 else with your enlighted gameplay. Garuda is far from what she was supposed to be, provides debuff that team doesn't need, because they kill things quicker than you can provide anything, is hard to position to be useful, has problems staying relevent in current content (yes, Fortuna farm is real) mainly because she sucks against any kind of disabler/null. Oberon is much better choice in terms of healing, debuff and armor stripping for example. And has insta casts.

ok then please do tell me what was she supposed to be, since you are clearly working inside the dev team and know ins and outs of her perfectly. 

"provides buffs team doesnt need" no buff is ever needed, you can do any kind of content without any buffs, and they are useful to have no matter how much you whine about it not being the case. how effective hunter munitions are is a clear proof to that.

"they kill things quicker" yeah no. by that logic slash procs would be useless as well, which they arent. unless you are only playing in starchart levels.

"hard to position to be useful" um, no? she has very effective healing for a frame like her and that by itself would make her useful. and she provides slash procs and damage on top of that.

"has problems staying relevant in current content" maybe stop doing crappy builds/plays and you'll understand the problem is with you, not the frame. actually, i'd very much like to see what build you have for her and how you play her instead of just going through your pointless complaints.

"she sucks against any kind of disabler/nullifier" so like, %99 of the cast? and shes actually a lot better than most against those because between her 2 and 3, she has little to no energy issues. 

"oberon is better for debuff" if only oberons kit had a debuff. and oberon is nowhere as good at doing damage. so yeah. 

all im seeing from these complaints are nothing but git gud issues considering you are doing nothing but yelling that shes just bad, its same logic that everybody has whenever a new frame does not instanuke something. 

10 hours ago, SqualZell said:

she is working as advertized.

Garuda was advertised as

she was never shown as a vampire frame. and you dont get %10 leech in a single target cus it scales and its stackable up to three targets.

her passive looks exactly as they said. the less hp you got, the more damage she does. you disliking it does not change this hard fact.

"murderous rampage with her claws no skills" what they very much clearly stated that her claws were not exalted weaponry, and murderous rampage is very much legit since its the best claw weapon in the game rn. and you dont have to be at 2 hp for that at all. clearly working as advertised.

again, works exactly as advertised, and it does not require melee to activate. 

working as advertised.

again, working as advertised. they never said its gonna be a room nuke like volt and saryn is, they did not even implied it. they actually have shown the ability not doing much damage on its own. 

all of these are working as advertised as well.

so after this reply its clear that you are just whining that you did not get what you want from your purchase that you did not even look into. damn. you are the perfect customer for the companies like ea and activision. 

so literally pressing two buttons is prep for you people now? how my god, the horror! she is fine, could use a slight buff on her 4's casting speed and thats all. you are just whining that shes not a nuke. 

its quite clear that these complaints are nothing more than git gud problems, so im pretty sure i should just not bother respond any further. have a good day. 

28 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

ok then please do tell me what was she supposed to be, since you are clearly working inside the dev team and know ins and outs of her perfectly. 

"provides buffs team doesnt need" no buff is ever needed, you can do any kind of content without any buffs, and they are useful to have no matter how much you whine about it not being the case. how effective hunter munitions are is a clear proof to that.

"they kill things quicker" yeah no. by that logic slash procs would be useless as well, which they arent. unless you are only playing in starchart levels.

"hard to position to be useful" um, no? she has very effective healing for a frame like her and that by itself would make her useful. and she provides slash procs and damage on top of that.

"has problems staying relevant in current content" maybe stop doing crappy builds/plays and you'll understand the problem is with you, not the frame. actually, i'd very much like to see what build you have for her and how you play her instead of just going through your pointless complaints.

"she sucks against any kind of disabler/nullifier" so like, %99 of the cast? and shes actually a lot better than most against those because between her 2 and 3, she has little to no energy issues. 

"oberon is better for debuff" if only oberons kit had a debuff. and oberon is nowhere as good at doing damage. so yeah. 

all im seeing from these complaints are nothing but git gud issues considering you are doing nothing but yelling that shes just bad, its same logic that everybody has whenever a new frame does not instanuke something. 

she is working as advertized.

she was never shown as a vampire frame. and you dont get %10 leech in a single target cus it scales and its stackable up to three targets.

her passive looks exactly as they said. the less hp you got, the more damage she does. you disliking it does not change this hard fact.

"murderous rampage with her claws no skills" what they very much clearly stated that her claws were not exalted weaponry, and murderous rampage is very much legit since its the best claw weapon in the game rn. and you dont have to be at 2 hp for that at all. clearly working as advertised.

again, works exactly as advertised, and it does not require melee to activate. 

working as advertised.

again, working as advertised. they never said its gonna be a room nuke like volt and saryn is, they did not even implied it. they actually have shown the ability not doing much damage on its own. 

all of these are working as advertised as well.

so after this reply its clear that you are just whining that you did not get what you want from your purchase that you did not even look into. damn. you are the perfect customer for the companies like ea and activision. 

so literally pressing two buttons is prep for you people now? how my god, the horror! she is fine, could use a slight buff on her 4's casting speed and thats all. you are just whining that shes not a nuke. 

its quite clear that these complaints are nothing more than git gud problems, so im pretty sure i should just not bother respond any further. have a good day. 

If you dont see radiation and armor stripping as debuff, well then gitgud yourself. Also, stop whiteknighting. This frame is far from finished, as is Revenant.

Also, yes, we could see earlier on devstream, and HEAR from them, what Garuda was supposed to be.

2 hours ago, Zeclem said:

Do you know what is banshee? She only got 2 to rebuff enemy and 3 of a small stagger as CC, she got less armor and energy YET she is so survivable that skilled players can bring her to long survival runs and be EXTREMELY effective and a great asset to the team. THAT is called a proper warfame where the amount of skill you have is reflected by the performance and the effectiveness, not like garuda where her 4 is COMPLETELY replaceable by a SINGLE mod and REQUIRES distance and time to make effect, and also plainly worse than banshee's 2 by a mile and another mile, also garuda's 2 goes completely against her passive and that is NOT arguable 

Maybe before you tell people to git gud, you should go learn what is called ballance what is called skill floor and skill ceiling

52 minutes ago, Sorrode said:

Do you know what is banshee? She only got 2 to rebuff enemy and 3 of a small stagger as CC, she got less armor and energy YET she is so survivable that skilled players can bring her to long survival runs and be EXTREMELY effective and a great asset to the team. THAT is called a proper warfame where the amount of skill you have is reflected by the performance and the effectiveness, not like garuda where her 4 is COMPLETELY replaceable by a SINGLE mod and REQUIRES distance and time to make effect, and also plainly worse than banshee's 2 by a mile and another mile, also garuda's 2 goes completely against her passive and that is NOT arguable 

Maybe before you tell people to git gud, you should go learn what is called ballance what is called skill floor and skill ceiling

and garuda only needs to press 4 to debuff enemies, whats your point?

wait nvm, since you called banshee more survivable its clear you are going onto the ignore list as well. have a good day mr icantgitgud. 

35 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

and garuda only needs to press 4 to debuff enemies, whats your point?

wait nvm, since you called banshee more survivable its clear you are going onto the ignore list as well. have a good day mr icantgitgud. 

considering that I am a Banshee main, yeah smart axx

Every time someone calls Bleed procs a debuff 😂

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage/Slash_Damage

Banshee giving allies damage multiplier zones is an ally buff not an enemy buff.
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Sonar
An enemy buff would mean a global affect given to enemies that increased their abilities; movement, damage, hp.
Well of Life, Speed Nova, etc.