Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

garuda unfinished frame

DonOctavia

Garuda need a grey hp bar while she is performing her 1, like rhino has while he performes his dash. I realy like her 1 4 combo and all her abilities make sense for me. She can be a good healer. The fun playing garuda stops when she needs to replanish her shield. This is the main reason why she dies in missions. Her 1 animation is so slow for no reason that enemys kill her while she performs her 1. Sometimes enemys that are hit with her 1 kill her somehow. Maybe this is a bug. I have had this problem as i played as a host and as i joined an public game with good ping. For sure u can cast her 4 and make enemys around stagering with bleed proc, but this proc is to short, to help her to perform her 1. 
I play survial even with high enemys as u can see in my screenshot with enemys level over 2k. With garuda u can´t play long survials or other missions with high enemy level.
unknown.png
I ve tried her many times in arbitration missions and she died verry fast. I can just say give her a grey hp bar while she performes her 1. Atm she is like limbo was before the change of looting in rift.

Edited by DonOctavia

50 minutes ago, DonOctavia said:

I ve tried her many times in arbitration missions and she died verry fast. I can just say give her a grey hp bar while she performes her 1. Atm she is like limbo was before the change of looting in rift.

That and higher health. 740 (850 with Umbral Mods) is what makes her so squishy when you compare to Nidus, Saryn Prime, and even Mesa. Mesa with Shatter Shield, and Adaption would give her twice as much EHP than Garuda would do with Quick thinking, Adaption, 2 Umbral Mods, and Primed Flow (23125 vs. 16111.1). With Quick Thinking in the same Mesa, 33,750. That's how much she can get from just 1 normal Vitality (No Umbral mods). Saryn Prime with Quick Thinking, Adaption, normal Vitality and Steel Fiber, 19,722.2 EHP, and Nidus with just Adaption, Parasitic Link, normal Vitality and Steel Fiber, 22,200. So when it comes to Survivability, Garuda is a glass Cannon that go close Range with the enemies.

9 hours ago, Zeclem said:

again, works exactly as advertised, and it does not require melee to activate. 

oh? you don't get into melee range when you activate it?

she is working as advertized.

not at all. 

she was never shown as a vampire frame

Garuda the Blood Queen... 

and you dont get %10 leech in a single target cus it scales and its stackable up to three targets.

you are correct, i was making allusion to the 10% absorb you get from the 1 skill on the jump to melee range (my bad on this one)

- her 2 ability heals!! great... let's just pretend her passive doesn't exist then... (MELEE)

working as advertised.

so this does sound non broken mechanics? hey, let's give her a passive and then her skills remove the passive (so technically she doesn't have a passive) oh man that's great design! 

her passive looks exactly as they said. the less hp you got, the more damage she does. you disliking it does not change this hard fact.

i'm disliking the amount of bonus damage you get... which is negligible... and completely not worth it. being at 2HP for a little tiny buff.... that buff should be 200-300%. 

again, working as advertised. they never said its gonna be a room nuke like volt and saryn is, they did not even implied it. they actually have shown the ability not doing much damage on its own. 

nope they advertized it as a blender... slicing everything in an AoE area around her. 

again the ability itself is a good concept, however the implementation of the concept is unfinished and needs work. 

so literally pressing two buttons is prep for you people now? how my god, the horror! she is fine, could use a slight buff on her 4's casting speed and thats all. you are just whining that shes not a nuke. 

right there! I can with 100% certainty say that you have not played Garuda or have not played her at higher levels, else you would know that her 1 requires a lot of prep (kills, absorbing and/or charging up) in order to make it work... 

you sir have no idea what you are talking about, and you have lost all credibility. so until you play garuda, and play her at end game content you can't make those claims.

Better than rev but still not useful in any kind of group because playing in a group with her is useless, you don't have the time to cast anything.

At first I thought that marked ennemies with her 4 helped charging her 1 faster while draining the marked ennemie's life, but I was wrong, I think it would have been a nice synergie there..

2 hours ago, Maryph said:

Better than rev but still not useful in any kind of group because playing in a group with her is useless, you don't have the time to cast anything.

At first I thought that marked ennemies with her 4 helped charging her 1 faster while draining the marked ennemie's life, but I was wrong, I think it would have been a nice synergie there..

if her 4 would have worked like you describe - should would be even less useful to a group than she already is...

but if whenever enemy marked by her 4 get bleed proc by any source, then the bleed proc damage is added to garuda's ball - now that could be awesome

5 hours ago, DUSTCLOUD said:

Every time someone calls Bleed procs a debuff 😂

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage/Slash_Damage

Banshee giving allies damage multiplier zones is an ally buff not an enemy buff.
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Sonar
An enemy buff would mean a global affect given to enemies that increased their abilities; movement, damage, hp.
Well of Life, Speed Nova, etc.

Charge to expand the targeting area, release to send Garuda’s talons careening toward each target in area. Surviving enemies are prone to bleeding.

Do you know what 'prone to bleeding' means?

2 minutes ago, Sorrode said:

Charge to expand the targeting area, release to send Garuda’s talons careening toward each target in area. Surviving enemies are prone to bleeding.

Do you know what 'prone to bleeding' means?

Yes. Did your question have a point?

Just now, DUSTCLOUD said:

What explanation?

Every time someone calls Bleed procs a debuff 😂

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage/Slash_Damage

Banshee giving allies damage multiplier zones is an ally buff not an enemy buff.
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Sonar
An enemy buff would mean a global affect given to enemies that increased their abilities; movement, damage, hp.
Well of Life, Speed Nova, etc.

2 hours ago, moostar95 said:

Say hi to inaros 4 with negation swarm

Hi inaros 4 with negation swarm.
I've said it. What happens next?

latest?cb=20171007153304

Negation Swarm is a Warframe Augment Mod for Inaros that allows Scarab Swarm to block incoming Status Effects, draining a percentage of bonus Armor for every Status Effect blocked.

I don't quite get your point. Assuming you meant Scarab swarm you'd be comparing that to blood altar because the only armor it adds is to Inaros which is not what i said.

50% of Dread Heart's damage being armor is not the same as gaining 100% base armor through scarab swarm which I believe was your point.

50% of a 100k dread heart would be 50k. Your objection implies Inaros can reach well over 50k armor but I see him die to enemies of the 60-100 range quite often.
Then watch Wukong or Limbo revive him.

On 2018-11-09 at 11:24 PM, jmthebigman said:

Her 4 and 1 synergizes extremely well.... people gotta learn how to use her 4. its aint a press to win button...

its really slow to set up, especially her 4 the charge up time is wayy too long

3 minutes ago, moostar95 said:

Ive seen rhino players be downed at lvl 30 foes. Its the players and how they build a frame. Sounds like you ran to awful players as a great inaros build can only die above 100. 

I was. I was referring to his last point about rhino and nezha. 

Hmmm. no.

34 minutes ago, Pryzmatiq said:

@DUSTCLOUD - I believe he was simply referring to the CC immunity, not the armor buffs. 

Then they don't know how to quote. Nor did they read what I said.

1 hour ago, moostar95 said:

Ive seen rhino players be downed at lvl 30 foes. Its the players and how they build a frame. Sounds like you ran to awful players as a great inaros build can only die above 100. 

I've seen Rhinos die before 10 Mins of Mot so no Surprise. My example of a bad Inaros Player is when he gets out tanked by a Valkyr Prime until 40 Mins or a Hour.

I wrote this on another post I commented on, but I figured I'd post it here too since this one seems to have a lot more traction. I changed a few numbers around from the original, and added some flavor here and there.

Dread Mirror - Instead of requiring full line of sight, have it be more like a "blood teleport" (for thematic purposes) of sorts similar to Ash's Teleport ability. This way you don't have those moments where the ability won't activate simply due to an enemy having a small rock in front of their foot. Garuda should be invulnerable to damage until the animation for the ability is over. I also think the shield should be slightly curved around her to help a tad with survivability. Maybe the curve would take away from it being a 'mirror' though, so maybe just a slight size increase would work to compensate. Range mods should continue to have no effect on this ability to keep it balanced, else she would be able to be cover far too much. You should also be able to throw the heart without it taking the mirror down. Simply have it create and start building up another heart upon the same mirror taking more damage. Lastly, if the leap attack from this ability kills an enemy using the threshold mechanic, 35% of that enemies health should be added to the heart.

Blood Altar - This should also act as a "blood teleport" for the exact same reasons as Dread Mirror. I think there should be a minimum healing to go along with the 'missing health per second' mechanic. So it could be like '25% missing Health healed a second base / minimum 3% max Health a second'. The minimum % shouldn't be effected by mods to keep it in check. The impaled enemy should also have their blood fed into the Dread Heart while you are standing in the healing radius. It should feed something like 3% of the enemy's max life per second into the orb. It shouldn't literally damage the enemy per second, just take their max health into calculation for buffing the Dread Heart. The radius also needs to be increased to 8 meters base, up from 6. Lastly, enemies who become an altar should have all their auras and buffs negated while the ability lasts. This way you can use Blood Altar to take a strong enemy out of the fight, yet not be hindered by a 90% damage reduction, as is the case with using the skill on an Ancient Healer.

Bloodletting - This ability works well overall, but I think there should be another mechanic added to it, instead of it just being a better Rage mod in ability form. I'd make it to where all of Garuda's allies within a certain radius of activation receive, say, 20% of the numerical value of the energy she does. Also, for every 5% max health Bloodletting took from you, it should increase the total build up of the Dread Heart by 1%.

Seeking Talons - As many have stated on the forums, the base charge time needs to be sped up a bit. Or perhaps make the starting circle larger but keep its expansion per second at the same rate. The talons should also consume 10% of the current build-up from the Dread Heart, and split the consumed number between all the seeking talons. Also, the mark that the ability applies should do more than just the bleed proc mechanic; It needs some synergy too. I think that a marked target should have 20% of their max life put into the Dread Heart when you use Dread Mirror on them above their kill threshold, instead of the normal 10%. Marked targets should also have an instant kill threshold of 50% when hit with the Dread Mirror leap attack, instead of the usual 35%. Blood Altars created from targets who are marked should have increased radius.

Death's Gate - Considering most passives are somewhat useless, Death's Gate honestly isnt that bad. Even if on average it only gives you a little damage buff, any damage buff in itself is still amazing compared to say, picking up items when you bullet jump (lol).

Garuda's Talons - Since this is honestly just a fun secondary passive, I don't see any change that's really needed with them. However, as another player has mentioned, it would be cool if they would be considered a melee weapon in 'Melee Only' sorties, since they behave as a separate weapon in every way, unlike an exalted weapon does. They should also be defaulted to on sorties like "rifle only", instead of taking them away completely.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Pryzmatiq:

Dread Mirror - Instead of requiring full line of sight, have it be more like a "blood teleport" (for thematic purposes) of sorts similar to Ash's Teleport ability. This way you don't have those moments where the ability won't activate simply due to an enemy having a small rock in front of their foot. Garuda should be invulnerable to damage until the animation for the ability is over. I also think the shield should be slightly curved around her to help a tad with survivability.

Indeed, she realy needs a grey hp bar while she performes her 1. I totaly agree with the idea of having a litle curved mirror. Her dash needs a litle change. I often need to jump up in the air before i could use her dread mirror and got teleported out of map or got an message like "target obscured" and got then teleported out of map, or died becouse i was not able to replanish her shield.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Pryzmatiq:

Blood Altar - This should also act as a "blood teleport" for the exact same reasons as Dread Mirror.

Blood altar never teleported me out of map, as the same as for dread mirror i need to jump up in to the air before i could use her blood alter wich feels bugy, therefore a lite change of her teleport or dash would come in handy.

Over all Garuda is a frame with great potential in fun and team ability but broken machanics with her dash right now. I realy like the idea of jumping into batle to colecting damage, bufing teammates with her slash proc and healing team with an blood alter. All her abilites force her into a movent frame and not a stationary frame, if she would not die by using her abilitys. For me it looks like DE was verry gingerly in giving her a grey hp bar while she performs her skills.

Am 19.11.2018 um 22:00 schrieb Maryph:

At first I thought that marked ennemies with her 4 helped charging her 1 faster while draining the marked ennemie's life, but I was wrong, I think it would have been a nice synergie there.

Delay:
Charging her 4 and then instant hit her 1 or charge her 1 would be better. Right now i press her 1 abilty 3 times before her heart is thrown.  There is no indicator when her 1 can be used. There is a delay beween her 1 and 4. This delay feels to long and has no indicator. It also takes out the flow and speed. 

Edited by DonOctavia

8 minutes ago, DonOctavia said:

Over all Garuda is a frame with great potential in fun and team ability but broken machanics with her dash right now. I realy like the idea of jumping into batle to colecting damage, bufing teammates with her slash proc and healing team with an blood alter. All her abilites force her into a movent frame and not a stationary frame, if she would not die by using her abilitys. 

I would agree with this and another thing about Garuda is her 1,2 and slightly her 4 relies on LOS. With her 1, the reticle has to be aiming at a enemy, to recast her 2, you have to look at the enemy that’s impaled, and her 4th goes through Walls but if the enemies are behind you, side of you, or on top of you, they won’t be affected. The only ability that don’t require LOS is her 3 and that’s because she sacrifice health for energy.

Today i played with public people on mot. I was there with gara. There was also one guy with garuda. He went so often down. I buffed him with splitstorm but as soon as the damage reduction buff rans out he went down. After 30 min of survial an geting down over and over he just exits from mission without any reward. I ll guess he was a bit frustrated.

10 minutes ago, DonOctavia said:

Today i played with public people on mot. I was there with gara. There was also one guy with garuda. He went so often down. I buffed him with splitstorm but as soon as the damage reduction buff rans out he went down. After 30 min of survial an geting down over and over he just exits from mission without any reward. I ll guess he was a bit frustrated.

Longest run i ever did in Mot as Garuda was 50+ Mins or below because the enemies was at lvl 130+. I died once there but my Teammates got downed or died more than me. There was only one played who stayed dead. But yeah that's how unforgiving she can be when played incorrectly since she got low Survivability. Also, the Teammates i had was Octavia, Rhino Prime, and Mesa.

• 1 month later...

I thought this was a thread on how to better improve Garuda, not jumping to insult one another or their builds. Some of us say that she could be better, others say she is fine, well let's just let DE decide on what they want to do with her in the future instead of making the feedback toxic, because all its doing now is making everyone here look like jerks.

Edited by (PS4)ErydisTheLucario