K-Drives Too Floaty Making Grinding Clumsy

Raso719

My biggest gripe about grinding is it takes you forever to fall onto the rails so by the time you've descended to connect with the rail you're already a half or three quarters of a way along the rail to begin this. This has also made it hard to grind on most other surfaces, like pipes and the like. It's not so much a matter of poor timing as it is a matter that it feels clumsy and unresponsive. 

Yeah the inertia is kind of a pain in the ass to navigate through rocks, trees and other props. It's fine do do tricks but not to use to move across the map, ironically. It feels like driving a wheelchair, not that I've ever done that but it's how i would sum it up.

Edited by sixmille

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Raso719:

I'm saying it doesn't feel responsive or satisfying. 

Agree, that was my feeling already when watching Devstreams, it looked clumsy.

This really needs some finetuning, not too much fun to do actually.

@Crystariyumsthat is a good combo and i wouldnt be able to pull that off, i give that to you.

Still, you have chosen the best (easiest) place to do it, and you said yourself it took you 2 hours to do this.

And here comes the problem, if this shall a be a tool that is actually used by the players to get around in fortuna while having fun with it, it has to get better.

Otherwise, it might be just a gimmick people only grind rep for in this one place or completly ignore it right away and use Archwing to actually move around.

Edited by DreisterDino

K Drives are completely outclassed by Itzal, Nova, and Zephyr for getting around. They are ultimately only a gimmick.

And that's fine, as long as the gimmick is fun. But these controls feel somehow even worse than Archwing controls at their worst point. And if the controls feel bad, the whole K Drive system will be missed by folks like me that just get frustrated trying to do what seem like very simple things and abandon the vent kids altogether.