Fetch and Vacuum should be an AoE around the Warframe not the pet/robot.

Spotdodge

After using Fetch for a handful of missions, I've noticed how it actually works.

It sucks items to the pet/robot and not the Warframe. This isn't an issue for Sentinels because they're basically glued to you.
But pets like kubrows and kavats tend to run around and do nothing you want them to do, like buff you with a resource booster during a Kuva farm.

This issue becomes apparent with Fetch functioning in the same way to Vacuum andsince pet AI tends to wander and prefer jumping at hordes of enemies instead of it's owner.
It feels like Fetch is constantly bugged instead of functioning properly in contrast to Vacuum for Sentinels specifically.
I feel like the same issue happens with Moa's as well.

So essentially making Fetch and Vacuum be an extended AoE (that includes the base 3m range) would be a nice and quick fix for the mod(s).

Edited by Spotdodge
Made to be more direct and clear.

Just now, Spotdodge said:

It doesn't, if it did work consistently. I wouldn't have made the post.

It sucks up the items does it not? I would say it's working. Fetch collects them and you can grab it from your pet, or your sentenial vacuums it up and you grab it from him. 

If you want the items instantly picked up if you're over 100m away from it if your pet is over there I don't think that's what DE wants when it comes to that.

Vacuum/Fetch Changes:

• Both Vacuum and Fetch Mods now pull the items directly to the Warframe as opposed to the Sentinel/Pet. Pets in Warframe don’t mimic the same ‘follow’ logic like Sentinels, so they would end up running around with items instead of giving them to you. So basically very bad at fetching....  

Hotfix from like 10 seconds after this...

Edited by BansheePrime

41 minutes ago, BansheePrime said:

Vacuum/Fetch Changes:

• Both Vacuum and Fetch Mods now pull the items directly to the Warframe as opposed to the Sentinel/Pet. Pets in Warframe don’t mimic the same ‘follow’ logic like Sentinels, so they would end up running around with items instead of giving them to you. So basically very bad at fetching....  

Actually, I posted this 10 minutes before the hotfix red text even showed up.

Edited by Spotdodge
I'm dumb and can't read that he said "after this"

15 hours ago, BansheePrime said:

Vacuum/Fetch Changes:

The question of "Why not just have a proper warframe-based passive UV and get rid of the vacuum mods altogether?" still stands. This is such a waste of time on DE's part, it's getting comical.