Graphics Card

lylathewicked

I have 3 video cards in my main PC: 2x 1070ti's that are just mining crypto all the time, and 1x 1070 used for gaming.  I play Warframe  @ 1920x1080 @60fps (solid) on the 1070 with all the graphics options on while also mining crypto on it at 25% usage (the other two are at 100% usage just crypto).  SMAA AA and 8x AF (I can't see the difference between 8x and 16x in any game while actually playing).

I never checked total gpu usage on the 1070 while playing warframe, but it's a solid 60 fps and temps stay around 46 degrees so it's under 100% total.  Same on fortuna.  If I set crypto mining to 50% gpu usage, I get noticeable fps drops and temp goes to around 54 degrees, so that's probably at 100%.  If I had to guess, warframe uses the 1070 to around 55% capacity.

I also have 2 SSD drives in raid 0, so that helps with loading times.

Edited by Daemonjax

GTX 1060 3GB at max + TAA8X with sharpness at 2, there's some stuttering when I first step out of the elevator, but after about 10 seconds it's super smooth.

Also using i5 7400 3.5GHz, and 8 GB DDR4 ram.

J9YrxFI.jpg

BhJFdXi.jpg

I also have DoF and motion blur off, they don't look too great with TAA enabled.

Edited by Aoden
I forgot how much RAM I had.

50 minutes ago, Yagamilight123 said:

I have a 1060 and i never goy nothing below 60fps ... seems the problem its on your end .

most likely not, as I didnt Change my set up and can play the Rest of the game at locked 60fps with no drops. I really believe its an Issue with Fortuna, given that warframe is a pretty good optimised game that Runs on almost every Machine 

1 minute ago, Kyoresh said:

most likely not, as I didnt Change my set up and can play the Rest of the game at locked 60fps with no drops. I really believe its an Issue with Fortuna, given that warframe is a pretty good optimised game that Runs on almost every Machine 

Could also potentially be video drivers, I'm still on 398.82 and getting similar performance to @Yagamilight123

1 hour ago, Aoden said:

Also using i5 7400 3.5GHz, and 4 GB DDR4 ram

The ram is your stutter. That's way too low for modern computer. With 8gb or ideally 16+, your performance would  improve.

That said, if you're happy how it is, then it's good enough. No need to burn money when you're already happy 🙂

Edited by Erytroxylin

I'm running on a GTX 1060 and a very modest processor. I cap my FPS at 60 and so far frame rate in the Orb Vallis hasn't strayed far from that. I've turned particles on low since they drive me nuts, took off weapon trail and element effects. AA is on medium because high looks cruddy to me. I think the AA had a big impact on performance because my frame rate fluctuated more on high.

Not too long ago I used a GTX 960, for that I set almost every thing to low, with a couple things on medium. With every game I play I start at medium or high and reduce settings. If I don't notice a difference, I keep it on the lower setting.

3 hours ago, Erytroxylin said:

The ram is your stutter. That's way too low for modern computer. With 8gb or ideally 16+, your performance would  improve.

That said, if you're happy how it is, then it's good enough. No need to burn money when you're already happy 🙂

Funnily enough, I forgot how much RAM I actually had, it's 8 instead of 4.

6 hours ago, lylathewicked said:

Hey guys im running a evga 770 and i noticed with fortuna its pretty laggy. Just wondering, what video card are you guys running and what settings are you using? I had to turn mine down from medium to low just to play.

turn off anisotrophic filtering, helped me a lot, gforce gt 740m