Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have that flashlight button finally?

auxy

This is really a topic for the engine guys, but I'm putting it here because it might actually get seen.

The long and the short of it is that, for the last 5 years that I've played this game, I've desperately wanted a flashlight toggle. It's come to a head in Fortuna when trying to mine. Look at this mess:

IgTR7wR.png

Yes, there actually are mining heat nodes visible in that picture. Barely. This screenshot excludes the bright white UI which makes it even worse, and by the way -- the white-out from the flashlight also makes the UI hard to see.

The area I'm in isn't even dark, why is my flashlight on? Look at this:
LBKcbcA.png

The flashlight is not really needed anywhere in Orb Vallis. Disabling it there would be a stopgap, but really, why can't we have a flashlight button?

I posted about this some 4-5 years ago, waaaay back when, and got a lot of pushback saying it wasn't necessary. I can't find that thread now -- I guess the forum software changed or something. Anyway, please do something about this.

Edited by auxy
s/Fortuna/Orb Vallis/

2 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Lots of players asking for this, but is mystery why is it always ignored

I suspect at this point it's because controller/console players are probably out of buttons. I sympathize with that, but I don't know why this in-theory-relatively-simple change can't still be implemented for keyboard players. After all, console players can play with the keyboard and mouse now too.