Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven changes:A really bad move

ShaKaL95

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:12 PM, DeMonkey said:

epeen.

Failed rationalization and excuse for chest-thumping. A MR5, regardless of hours played, making a snide trolling post in a thread about rivens, ingame things they don't have, is absurd and you well know it. If OP, I'd be annoyed too. Frankly, that poster's posts to the thread should be deleted as their intent is plainly to troll and not add anything to the discussion. Way too much of that goes on here, and so long as it's in DE's favor, it is mysteriously allowed. The basic formula here is "White Knight trolling allowed, non trolling critical of DE? much tighter reins." Transparent, and a big reason this forum is mostly junk.

To the topic, I haven't been able to play much lately, but if the riven changes boost DE revenue from them somehow, such as overnerfing lots of secondaries and thus inflating kit gun sales and rivens, that's fine by me. It's a little cheezy on DE's part, but players should be smart enough to figure some things out.

As a matter of fact, rivens do not affect gameplay in WF nearly to the degree people think they do, especially in a game with so much OP power spam. They are essentially vanity items for bored vets, not much different than cosmetics in overall impact on gameplay. If players spend inordinate amounts of time rolling rivens for perfect stats, that's mostly on them... mostly... because WF is not a hard game, not a tiered gear game, not a raid-oriented treadmill game. But this ALSO applies to all the near infinite, ignorant riven whining of which there is far more of than complaints like OP's

DE's hands are not particularly clean either, because they allow the misperception to continue and very obviously use it to their benefit to bolster revenues and keep people playing. DE should make very clear, crystal and repetitively clear, to newer and intermediate players that there is no content coming at them down the road that they will need rivens to complete. That they don't do this is pretty cheezy and bordering on sharp business practice.

So OP, sorry you feel cheated, but no one told you to grind out tons of kuva for rivens to be better at WF; if they did, you were lied to. OTOH, DE should do a much better job of disclosing that rivens are totally optional gear, not required as in other different types of games. If DE did a better job of transparency on rivens, I doubt there would be as many players annoyed when dispositions are changed.

Edited by Buttaface

1 minute ago, Buttaface said:

A MR5, regardless of hours played, making a snide trolling post in a thread about rivens, ingame things they don't have, is absurd and you well know it. If OP, I'd be annoyed too. Frankly, that poster's posts to the thread should be deleted as their intent is plainly to troll and not add anything to the discussion.

Did you miss the image I posted that shows that they're not Mr5?

It's a fairly big image, right at the top of my post.

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Did you miss the image I posted that shows that they're not Mr5?

It's a fairly big image, right at the top of my post.

Fair enough, but the point remains, the poster's posts are pure snide trolling and you are supporting that kind of posting? Of the dozens of gamer forums I've frequented over the years, this one is one of the worst and most useless for trying to get information and discuss the game due to that kind of thing, and apparently it's fine and dandy so long as the trolling is in DE's favor.

Rivens are intended as dynamically changing boosts determined by how popular the weapon is. That is not something I much care for personally, but it something that was established out of the gate; I can feel you for having some rivens made less valuable, and useful as I have a few as well. I don't really feel that rivens accomplish their stated purpose of encouraging less used weapons as is, but perhaps with work they or something else with similar functions can be made to do so.

Just now, Buttaface said:

Oh I don't know, maybe by not calling it out for what it is and instead taking the opportunity to scold OP and chest thump your own hours played?

Gotcha, gimme a jiffy. Just need to go through the entire internet and call out everything I disagree with, just so that you don't think I agree with it. I think I'll start with a particular German political movement, can't have you thinking I support that can I.

Wanna know why I called out the OP instead of the other person? The other poster is whilst unhelpful, ignorable, curiously that's exactly what I did.

The OP on the other hand is the thread owner, the topic creator, the person who's supposed to be constructive and keep things on track. By blatantly lying and starting an e-peen contest, they completely and utterly failed and that has the potential to derail the entire thread.

As for chest thumping? Grow up, that's really all I have to say to that. I used that as a logical extrapolation of the e-peen contest to show how pointless such a comment was.

But sure, keep reading what you want to read. If big old images at the top of someone's post escape your notice, I'm not surprised that you'd miss such obvious subtext.