garuda is way too expensive

Zxephyr

garuda having parts that cost stuff, that you can only get at rank 4 with the Solaris is absolutely ridiculous, especially with the way standing works the grind shouldn't be this bad, to get gara you only need to be offworlder(rank 1) this is too much garuda is way too grindy to get. BAD DE😢

1 minute ago, Kyoresh said:

well that might be true, but if DE agrees with that opinion it will most likely Change soon,  just like the Moa Credit cost.

But over all Fortuna is really un-grindy compared to PoE 

true hopefully they change and soon

Wow I thought she only required T2 refining blueprints but she requires T4 doesn't she. 

T2 was pushing it but T4 .... that's just strait up not cool. Like sufficiently not cool to the point that I've gone from still mulling over getting her in the market to strait up hard nope. Cause as far as I'm concerned that crosses a line between really grindy and abusive. 

1 minute ago, LupisV0lk said:

I call BS.

If anything it's more grindy than what it needs to be let alone when compared to PoE.

how so? I checked the best Moa and Kitgun(stat wise) and they dont even requiere rank 4,

You only got 1 kidn of fishing spear/cutter/tranq and far less ores and not fish baits. thats way more enjoyable than poe

i thought the solaris standing is fairly easy to get... in fact i find it easier then anything else.

also garuda is free. so this thread is pretty FUD to me.. if you are impatient you can buy her with plat. frames in general are fairly easy to get. and they worked a long time on fortuna so i'm not surprised they want people actually playing it to get the most out of it 

in regards to the credit cost. this just gives people an actual reason to index. 

so sorry you guys have to actually play the game a bit in order to get your free stuff. at least for me i feel like i am not aimlessly doing credit runs only when baro is around.

Edited by Makunogo

I’m starting to think Garuda, so far, requires the biggest grind for just three Parts. Vauban Prime is expensive too but at least Oxium and Nitain Extract is something you can get everyday. Garuda’s Requirements is just forcing you to keep playing Fortuna because it requires not just Rank 1, 2, and 3, but Rank 4 Gems before you starting building the Frame itself where a person who bought her would most likely have a full build into her already.

Edited by VPrime96

It's not that bad. On average she'll probably take about as long as other frames with lengthy "grinds" like Nidus or (original) Gara.

But at least 95% of that grind is rep standing which can be done several different ways all which provide other resources, some of which can be converted into more rep.

57 minutes ago, Makunogo said:

i thought the solaris standing is fairly easy to get... in fact i find it easier then anything else.

also garuda is free. so this thread is pretty FUD to me.. if you are impatient you can buy her with plat. frames in general are fairly easy to get. and they worked a long time on fortuna so i'm not surprised they want people actually playing it to get the most out of it 

in regards to the credit cost. this just gives people an actual reason to index. 

so sorry you guys have to actually play the game a bit in order to get your free stuff. at least for me i feel like i am not aimlessly doing credit runs only when baro is around.

+1 ^^ this. I feel like some people like the OP don't actually listen to what they are saying. So you have to actuay play the game for a couple days to get the newest Warframe, for FREE? DE isn't a charity. They're in this to generate income and enjoy doing it. So if you're too impatient to play the game for a bit to get free stuff, then you can purchase her.

I always find it ironic that people act like its "work" to play a game. Not only are you playing an awesome new expansion, but you'll eventually get a bunch of new, FREE stuff. I get the grind part a little bit, but still, it's all video game playing. Which is entertaining and fun, at least for me it is. 

So that's why the market exists: for those people who don't want to wait. Anybody that complains about the amount of gameplaying they have to do to get something for free has lost perspective (or possibly never had it in the first place). 

6 minutes ago, trst said:

It's not that bad. On average she'll probably take about as long as other frames with lengthy "grinds" like Nidus or (original) Gara.

Not even close. Only time it would take you as much time as Garuda with other Frames is when you have very bad luck.

51 minutes ago, z3us32610 said:

So that's why the market exists: for those people who don't want to wait. Anybody that complains about the amount of gameplaying they have to do to get something for free has lost perspective (or possibly never had it in the first place). 

You realize that the point of contention isn't the grind because theoretically the grind itself isn't that bad...... it's the time gates, you know those things where the game sits you down and says nothing you do from this point on will get you any closer to your goal until server reset in X hours. Timegates are the literal antithesis of gameplay. 

Warframes already have a built in Timegate in the Three (or is it four?) day sit and wait period after you grind them and their resources. Garuda comes with an additional ~week+ buffer gate (depending on your MR) before you get to waiting for those ~three days for her to build before you can use her. At that point you've long since finished gathering all her components and proto-resources, the bulk being spent waiting out the clock, several of them. 

That's getting into Smurfberries territory. 

Statistically speaking, yes, the Garuda grind is ridiculous without even thinking about drop rates. The problem is with the gems and their rank requirements, as the amount of standing you can get per day is limited. 

Being at MR 22 myself, that means I can get 23,000 rep in per day. Getting to rank 1 was easy, just burn 5,000 rep. Next rank required another 22,000 though, which meant that It'd cost me another day to get to r2, being two days so far. Getting to rank 3 from there costs 44,000 rep, so another two days, now at four total. At this point I'm assuming the person bought absolutely nothing with their rep and took the gem recipes for free. Lastly, you need another 70,000 standing to get to rank 4 and get the t4 gem recipe, which would take an additional 4 days for just A GEM. This means it takes a total of 8 DAYS just to get the recipes needed. On top of that, each part of Garuda takes 12 hours, but assuming you build them all at once, that's just another half of a day. Finally, it takes 3 days in the foundry for Garuda to be built. 

That totals to a MINIMUM 11 AND A HALF DAYS to build Garuda. And that's assuming that everyone playing is at least mr22, where the majority of people would be lucky to be around half that, doubling the amount of time necessary. That's also taking into account perfect RNG and complete dedication to just building the warframe, instead of enjoying the content at all. The problem is that, when compared to everything they've done in the past, this is extremely predatory for DE. If someone has the money they need to circumvent a nearly two-week grind, they will.

16 hours ago, Makunogo said:

not complaining about the grind , i can do the grind its the fact that the standing system is trash and people who dont have the luxury of being high mr have to wait 2 days to get from t1 to t2 with solaris is fricking ridiculous. being mr 17 isn't bad when it comes to grinding standing but still im thinking of the newer players so ya.

To be fair, and as someone else put it, Fortuna isn't such a long grind as PoE such as the ability to just run to spawn and grab another bounty instead of having to go back to Fortuna, this would've been great when PoE dropped. Plus you can actually start mining your rarer materials right from the get go instead of in PoE where you had to actually get the proper laser cutter to get those materials and there's no doubt that you'll be spending them by the absolute butt-load.

hace 29 minutos, Zxephyr dijo:

not complaining about the grind , i can do the grind its the fact that the standing system is trash and people who dont have the luxury of being high mr have to wait 2 days to get from t1 to t2 with solaris is fricking ridiculous. being mr 17 isn't bad when it comes to grinding standing but still im thinking of the newer players so ya.

New players have A LOT to do and level to be worry for the fact that need to wait for 1 dam frame . And to be fair all the people crying here seems pretty far from being new ... so dont use the "i am worry for new people card" to justify a simple rant .

I wouldn't call it grindy, I would say its a time restraint on getting the frame since you can only earn so much standing per day. This could be a built in push to make people buy the frame and line their coffers or a way to force people to slow down and enjoy the expansion more. Either way, is a pain.