Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

garuda is way too expensive

Zxephyr

16 hours ago, DYSEQTA said:

Standing is the least of the troubles. Toroid drop rates are non-existant...

Maybe I was just luckily, but I found that spending roughly 15 minutes in each area that drops them was enough to get what I needed as long as I allowed my wanted level to go up.

1 hour ago, ArbitUHM said:

Are people really complaining about an 11 day wait after waiting like a whole year for Fortuna to drop?

Not only are these two completely unrelated, you're implying that one problem stops existing in face of another problem

Edited by VentiGlondi

29 minutes ago, TicTacTaco said:

Maybe I was just luckily, but I found that spending roughly 15 minutes in each area that drops them was enough to get what I needed as long as I allowed my wanted level to go up.

Its your luck.

I stayed nearly 30 minutes at threat level 4 at the spaceport today and not a single drop

18 hours ago, Makunogo said:

i thought the solaris standing is fairly easy to get... in fact i find it easier then anything else.

also garuda is free. so this thread is pretty FUD to me.. if you are impatient you can buy her with plat. frames in general are fairly easy to get. and they worked a long time on fortuna so i'm not surprised they want people actually playing it to get the most out of it 

in regards to the credit cost. this just gives people an actual reason to index. 

so sorry you guys have to actually play the game a bit in order to get your free stuff. at least for me i feel like i am not aimlessly doing credit runs only when baro is around.

Gara is easier to build than Garuda. Her being free to farm doesn’t justify locking her behind the highest rank in Fortuna.

20 hours ago, Zxephyr said:

garuda having parts that cost stuff, that you can only get at rank 4 with the Solaris is absolutely ridiculous, especially with the way standing works the grind shouldn't be this bad, to get gara you only need to be offworlder(rank 1) this is too much garuda is way too grindy to get. BAD DE😢

Post this complaint in the feedback forums. That way there’s a better chance of this being changed.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Gara is easier to build than Garuda. Her being free to farm doesn’t justify locking her behind the highest rank in Fortuna.

Gara also don't require extra BPs for her all three of her Parts too unlike Garuda. I would expect to have this amount of Grind for a Frame if Garuda was at Pluto. But she's at VENUS.

Edited by VPrime96

14 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

Gara also don't require extra BPs for her all three of her Parts too unlike Garuda. I would expect to have this amount of Grind for a Frame if Garuda was at Pluto. But she's at VENUS.

While I agree to an extent, the issue with Gara's initial farm is that she was marketed as an early game frame. A frame you might get second or third. Hiwei, she required late game resources at launch.

Garuda, as far as I'm aware, was not marketed in such a way. Still, it wouldn't feel good as a new player to see those crafting costs on their third planet.

2 minutes ago, TicTacTaco said:

While I agree to an extent, the issue with Gara's initial farm is that she was marketed as an early game frame. A frame you might get second or third. Hiwei, she required late game resources at launch.

Garuda, as far as I'm aware, was not marketed in such a way. Still, it wouldn't feel good as a new player to see those crafting costs on their third planet.

Yeah Garuda would be a Progress stopper for new Players since those Players won't have the later game Weapons like we got or have something like Smeeta which would help their Grind. 

20 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

Gara requires Pyrotic Alloy, Esher Devar, and Fersteel(? I think, idk don’t have another of her chassis somehow). So she requires mineral blueprints too.

see all the complaints pouring in and took a side step, reinstalled SKYRIM cause you know more power in the weapons and way less grind + its the best story, open world game which nothing has come close since its release....

I've only spent 6 in game mins since the update dropped so how's that hype? lmao..

Every Warframe has their grind, Garuda parts are fairly fast to get, her resources are the hard part for her. Nidus' issue was he was a pain to get his BPs, same as Harrow or Ivara. Toroids cost isn't awful though their drop rate feels low, (I think it is to stop us from stocking them up too much before they change how that is farmed with Orb releases). Like guys, I think Garuda might end up being a post Operator frame rather than a new player frame. Things like Fortuna and PoE aren't just early game or late game, we are supposed to be returning to them over time. Garuda might be intended as a later on frame. For most new players on Venus (MR2-3 tops) Garuda takes ~44 days to get that much standing if you cap Solaris Standing every day to get to rank and all the required BPs.

For an MR 9 it is ~15 days. MR 25 ~6

Garuda might just not be meant for newbies.

13 minutes ago, Thelk641 said:

But but but... Zxephyr, if it wasn't costly, how would the hardcore player and veterants have any content to go for ? "The game is about grind, if you don't like it go away" as they usually say.

Problem is not the Grind, the problem is the Time Gate, Stay more than 10 days (above MR 20) to get 1 Frame because the daily limit sabota is boring, Not to mention that to be a veteran play does not need to have MR X You need to know how to play and only

Garuda is just another frame among so many.  What's the big deal about her that we must get her ASAP?  Not having her does not block us from game progression.

Getting to max rank in syndicates is an inevitable goal for us all. Once you get there, you will have so many resources that you can build Garuda several times over (hypothetically speaking of course, since we get the main BP only once).

FoE more grindy than fortuna? Have you tried getting Toroids? Do you not understand how much grind is involved with Solaris? At least in Cetus, you can grind multiple things at once. Tell me what else you get for grinding out Toroids... I'll wait. Missions dont happen at the spaceport, Enrichment Labs and the Temple of Profit often enough to make it time manageable to do mission for it so farming NPCs is better... oh wait! NPCs dont really spawn there at a rate to make it worth while. Not sure what you're taking or smoking to make you think it's LESS grindy but please share.

2 minutes ago, squirrel_killer- said:

Every Warframe has their grind, Garuda parts are fairly fast to get, her resources are the hard part for her. Nidus' issue was he was a pain to get his BPs, same as Harrow or Ivara. Toroids cost isn't awful though their drop rate feels low, (I think it is to stop us from stocking them up too much before they change how that is farmed with Orb releases). Like guys, I think Garuda might end up being a post Operator frame rather than a new player frame. Things like Fortuna and PoE aren't just early game or late game, we are supposed to be returning to them over time. Garuda might be intended as a later on frame. For most new players on Venus (MR2-3 tops) Garuda takes ~44 days to get that much standing if you cap Solaris Standing every day to get to rank and all the required BPs.

MR does not mean to be a veteran or not, there are people who simply love to play and not to ride 300 guns, they can be MUCH more experienced players than MR players 25,

1 minute ago, walter100 said:

MR does not mean to be a veteran or not, there are people who simply love to play and not to ride 300 guns, they can be MUCH more experienced players than MR players 25,

You fail to see the point, low MR means they are likely new and haven't gotten through stuff, higher MR means they have gone through a lot of stuff. I gave 3 points of reference. MR 9 is the average MR of someone recently done the Star Chart in my experience. If we want we can compare MR 18, the minimum MR to have full access to all weapons and Rivens:

~8 days at MR 18.

Garuda is heavily time gated yes, but also in a way that sends new players away from here now and is merely annoying at worse for the people who have worked their way through the starchart and bounced between a few weapons and frame already to see what they like and don't like.

20 hours ago, Kyoresh said:

well that might be true, but if DE agrees with that opinion it will most likely Change soon,  just like the Moa Credit cost.

But over all Fortuna is really un-grindy compared to PoE 

It is pretty much the exact same grind. Feel free to convince me otherwise but nothing is fun about the economy.

24 minutes ago, squirrel_killer- said:

She shouldn’t be at Venus then sine she’s not mean’t to be noob Friendly.

il y a 15 minutes, walter100 a dit :

Problem is not the Grind, the problem is the Time Gate, Stay more than 10 days (above MR 20) to get 1 Frame because the daily limit sabota is boring, Not to mention that to be a veteran play does not need to have MR X You need to know how to play and only

But but but walter100, why should new content be available day 1 ? "Just play the game and you'll get to it."

I mean if these kind of arguments worked for previous new content, I don't see why this would be different. We can't at the same time scream at DE because we want stuff that let veterans show that they are veterans and nolifes show that they are nolifes, (nearly) unobtainable content, prohibitive costs, new content that actually takes you more than a day to go through, and then when DE does it, scream at them again because we want content that we can entirely access in a day.

I agree with the point of view of this being absurd, just like the main quest sword costing ducats was absurd, but at some point, we have to acknowledge the fact that the majority of the community either doesn't care or support these kind of things. Get used to it.