Jump to content

Grinding is unstable


Feuershark
 Share

Recommended Posts

Whenever you grind or begin to, the slightest perturbation will get you "ejected" out of the grind, which makes chaining grinds very difficult when you have rails or whatev not completely aligned. For example, the big tubes behind the lift are almost impossible to chain together because you WILL go out of the grinding status.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To me the whole K-Drive seems a bit flaky at best right now.

The grind needs to be a bit stickier I feel and landing on a rail (while holding Ctrl) should initiate the grind instead of slipping off like it now does 75% of the time. It really doesn't feel rewarding when the game mechanics are this unstable and fickle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank The Lotus I found this thread. I was just about to make one about this very same issue.
The problems are more pronounced for those of us on PC that play with Xbox controllers - I was going to ask if it would be possible to create an option to have sensitivity settings unique to the K-Drive as we have with the Archwing.

Tinkering around last night, the sensitivity settings I have on-foot are nearly maxed out, but when I tone it down, I do get better grinding control with the K-Drive especially while grinding. Having to continuously juggle sensitivity settings when I am off vs. on the K-Drive is a mind numbing hassle. 

Edited by DaigojiGai
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly, why do we even need to hold a button to grind anyway? Why can we not just land on a rail and start grinding, so flipping off a rail doesn't require some 3-4 button combination? Forward, crouch, jump, all three to be held if you want to do a decent jump off the end of a rail.

K-drives make me miss playing SSX3 years ago. Jump on rail, grind, jump off rail, easy.

How many situations will you encounter when you CAN grind but don't want to?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bit late to reply here but I decided to do a bit of standing grind today and after a little bit of testing it would seem the +30% magnetic mod might be the issue or at least part of it.  I took this off and I could stick better than with it being applied so I have a feel there might be an issue there.  It's almost like it's 'removing' 30% of the magnetic attraction and we're sliding off the rails instead of staying attached. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 2018-11-16 at 7:46 PM, LSG501 said:

Bit late to reply here but I decided to do a bit of standing grind today and after a little bit of testing it would seem the +30% magnetic mod might be the issue or at least part of it.  I took this off and I could stick better than with it being applied so I have a feel there might be an issue there.  It's almost like it's 'removing' 30% of the magnetic attraction and we're sliding off the rails instead of staying attached. 

I need to check if it is fixed. Hmm... Props for catching this. It was the first mod I grabbed and invested in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, DaigojiGai said:

I need to check if it is fixed. Hmm... Props for catching this. It was the first mod I grabbed and invested in.

I did a little yesterday or day before.  Without the mod I kept slipping off the pipes behind the entrance, with the mod I seemed to stick to the pipes a bit better, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's been some tweaks/fixes with the 'bug fixing' to the mod as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2018-11-09 at 7:35 PM, Feuershark said:

Whenever you grind or begin to, the slightest perturbation will get you "ejected" out of the grind, which makes chaining grinds very difficult when you have rails or whatev not completely aligned. For example, the big tubes behind the lift are almost impossible to chain together because you WILL go out of the grinding status.

something they could do to prevent being ejected is disable moving the camera from moving you off the grind. any direction you look in will move you off the rail/pipe. i dont know why its that way but it feels very clunky.

Edited by EinheriarJudith
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...