Inteded level of grind

WentsaZ

Here are some "issues" with the level of grind and/or wait for resources (of course not relevant if intended):

1. Nintain extract - 1 alert every approx. 4 hours and very VERY rare drop from certain bonus objectives in missions, thats seems too little for a resource that is sometimes required in large quantities (e. g. mostly all Prime warframe parts require up to 5 nintain extracts) - it takes weeks to gather

2. Harrow neuroptics blueprint - VERY small chance of dropping in ONE mission (Pago - Spy mission on Kuva Fortress) - why when its a warframe quite important in the story

3. Cetus Wisp - all amp parts require this resource, hard to find (due to lightning almost invisible) + very random mission award (and still only one per mission - wouldn't 5 be more fair)

4. Orokin catalysts and reactors - blueprints rarily in alerts and invasions - why considering they are necessary for fully realizing warframes or weapons potencial + why aren't prime weapons and warframes already slotted with one?

5. Why does crafting cost credits if we must already gather all the resources ourselves, we have to pay our ship? No sense in it.

6. Length of crafting...3 days to build a warframe really? 1 day for forma? - needs to be at least halved.

4 minutes ago, WentsaZ said:

Here are some "issues" with the level of grind and/or wait for resources (of course not relevant if intended):

1. Nintain extract - 1 alert every approx. 4 hours and very VERY rare drop from certain bonus objectives in missions, thats seems too little for a resource that is sometimes required in large quantities (e. g. mostly all Prime warframe parts require up to 5 nintain extracts) - it takes weeks to gather

2. Harrow neuroptics blueprint - VERY small chance of dropping in ONE mission (Pago - Spy mission on Kuva Fortress) - why when its a warframe quite important in the story

3. Cetus Wisp - all amp parts require this resource, hard to find (due to lightning almost invisible) + very random mission award (and still only one per mission - wouldn't 5 be more fair)

4. Orokin catalysts and reactors - blueprints rarily in alerts and invasions - why considering they are necessary for fully realizing warframes or weapons potencial + why aren't prime weapons and warframes already slotted with one?

5. Why does crafting cost credits if we must already gather all the resources ourselves, we have to pay our ship? No sense in it.

6. Length of crafting...3 days to build a warframe really? 1 day for forma? - needs to be at least halved.

1. They are spaced out to keep you from burning through content

2. While it would be nice to have all parts in quest, He is worth the grind and not everything needs to be easy 

3. Run a lap around Gara lake and leave, rinse and repeat. You will have tons

4. Keep your eye out and you will be set once you can participate in all alerts and invasions

5. This has never made sense, but unfortunately it is a think you learn to not look at once you amass millions

6. The time is there to bait you to rush with platinum. In a F2P where virtually everything is free, there needs to be an incentive to use your plat. 

Many of these things are the “what grinds our gears” but there are reasons and ways to overcome many of those. I tend to rush the completion (3day) of frames as I can make that much plat in a day selling fish or gems.

Agree with Nitain, there should be a somewhat reliable way to farm it.

Harrow Neurops isn't that bad. Systems on the other hand...

Wisps are actually pretty easy to farm. Boring for sure but not difficult.

Potatoes are intended to be a plat-sink that's why they won't hand them over like candy.

The credit costs are so small that they are only significant for newbies. The costs become entirely meaningless once you gain access to the Index.

I'm actually cool with most crafting times, Forma definitely takes way too long, though.

I rather agree with most of these complaints.

The "Nitain" thing is widely unpopular and with valid reason. I was very fortunate that one of the first things I was told when starting this game was to get *all* Nitain alerts, that saved me a lot of grief.

The 'Cetus Wisp' grind is ATROCIOUS. You *have* to have resource boosters to have any hope of accumulating enough of them to be worthwhile, and you must spend several Cetus night cycles doing nothing *but* run around the map collecting them repeatedly ad nauseum. It's really unecessary, and I wish DE would step back from keeping things this way.

The 'potato' situation is undesirable, but I feel could be easily rectified by tweaking the rate of 'potato alerts' and 'potato invasions' upwards just a little bit, especially for the Catalysts as there are *so* many more weapons than there are items requiring the Reactors. I dunno that Prime variants ought to come pre-potato'd though.

The fact we have to *pay* our foundry to make us our stuff using our resources is, I feel, pretty lousy, and makes no real sense. Same as having to *pay* Syndicates to give us rewards for work we've done for them. There's far too many unecessary credit drains. We wouldn't need to grind the Index nearly as much as we currently do if some of this nonsense was removed. (I mean, they *did* walk back on it for our Incubators, so there's hope....)

The length of crafting *is* a pain...but, you *can* plan around it, and there *is* plenty to do while waiting for things to bake. I wouldn't say no to some reduction, though. Plus, I really think Forma need to take 20 hours and not 24 hours - or at least, any figure lower than 24 hours.

Regarding Harrow...he's not *that* core to the story. They certainly could tweak the drop rates of various frames throughout the game, though.

Edited by TheGreenGunner

Your only valid point is the nitain. cetus wisps are so god danged easy to get, just run around the waters edge at night you will be rich with them. The time it takes for warframes to buid is fine, they are powerful and unique so it makes sense to have a long craft time. orokin potato's are fairly cheap to buy with plat, but it only makes sense, In any game tl make the best things more rare. crafting using credits is fine since you get them for just playing a mission. if this was not a thing, you would have billions of credits with nothing to use them on. Harrow's pieces being rare rewards is perfectly fine because he is a damn good frame, one of the best so it is satisfying once you get him. if you are bothered by it that much take some stuff to level so you are also grinding the mastery points.

To be honest these are all problems of inexperienced and new player .Any of these things are all not that relevant.Dont forget that 99,9 % of things in this game is for free.Only thing that you really need to spend money on is Prime accessories,Tennogen skins and some exclusive things from Tennocon.So with that said you can't really blame DE for having some systems that help them earn money.Other than that game would be too easy which equals to boring if you give everything to players on a silver platter.

Edited by RistN