Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About Lanka Build For Two Scenarios

GravesTheOutlaw

Hi, I was trying to mod out my Lanka and found out that I ran out of ammo on it quite often, so I wanted to put a Sniper Ammo Mutation on it.  Problem is, I don't know what mod I want to replace for it.  I'm planning to use it for Tower 3 Void Defense and very high wave Xini.  I'm going to assume I'll have ammo problems on these maps, because I commonly run into ammo issues when I'm trying to grind out the formas currently on stuff like Kiste and Cyath.  This is my build that I'm considering for T3 Defense:

Split Chamber

Serration
Speed Trigger

Point Strike

Vital Sense

Piercing Hit

Hammer Shot

Cryo Rounds

And this is my build that I want for Xini:

Split Chamber

Serration
Speed Trigger

Point Strike

Vital Sense

Piercing Hit

Hammer Shot

Bane of Infested

I'm torn on which mod I want to take out in order to place the Sniper Ammo Mutation in, should I find that ammo problems arise on these maps.  I was thinking to take out Hammer Shot for T3 Defense and take out Speed Trigger (very reluctantly) for Xini (I'll be using a Vauban, at least until U10...but that's for another thread).  Any thoughts/advice?  Thanks.

Either that or I'll keep ammo mutation off and just spam Acrid when I run out of sniper ammo...which I don't really want to do.

No matter how much I try to run away from that thing, I end up using it anyway in high wave defense...

Edited by GravesTheOutlaw

I'm torn on which mod I want to take out in order to place the Sniper Ammo Mutation in

Most people will tell you to just use ammo packs. I personally use the mutator.

For your first build, either Hammer Shot or Cryo Rounds. Hammer Shot takes your crit multiplier to 4.2, but Cryo slows down ancients who have a knack for train wrecking you with their melee attacks. Go with whatever you think you need less.

For your second build, it's hammer shot without question. Bane of Infested will upscale your base damage and all of your mod damage by 30%. 

Edited by Jugganatha

For T3 Defense,

Go with Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Cryo Rounds, Shred, Piercing Hit and HammerShot.

Even though with a slower charge speed compared to speed trigger, Shred lets you kill up to 3 enemies coming from the front entrance since it saves you the time of charging another round to shoot at another enemy. HammerShot's effect starts to show when enemies spawn at levels around 100+ since elemental mods are reduced by armor. Doesn't even runs out of ammo, assuming I only get 1 or 2 ammo picks per wave. A favored strategy would be throwing a vortex near the front entrance to clump all the enemies together and shoot at them using Lanka or Paris Prime  

Ammo starts to run dry for the last 5 wave if Lanka doesn't want to do Crit Damage often or enemy wave drops less than 3 ammo picks.

Edited by Leriel

...HammerShot's effect starts to show when enemies spawn at levels around 100+ since elemental mods are reduced by armor.

Elemental damage is reduced by the enemy resistance to that damage type. But resistance also scales, like armor.

(Just clarifying: If the enemy armor scales up by 20%, but the elemental resistance stays the same, your elemental

damage isn't reduced a bit.)

Most people will tell you to just use ammo packs. I personally use the mutator.

For your first build, either Hammer Shot or Cryo Rounds. Hammer Shot takes your crit multiplier to 4.2, but Cryo slows down ancients who have a knack for train wrecking you with their melee attacks. Go with whatever you think you need less.

For your second build, it's hammer shot without question. Bane of Infested will upscale your base damage and all of your mod damage by 30%. 

Why Cryo mod instead of Hellfire when Infested clearly are weak to fire.

Why Cryo mod instead of Hellfire when Infested clearly are weak to fire.

For my infested build, I want to be going to high wave xini (60+), where elemental mods in general do terrible damage to high-armor targets (i.e. Ancients), if I remember correctly.  The Cryo Rounds would be better for the utility to slow them down, but since I'm using Vauban, I'll be taking out Cryo Rounds anyway for Hammer Shot.

Edited by GravesTheOutlaw

@Cryp2Nite May I ask why you don't take bane of infested for your infested build?

I do from time to time. Doesn't make a real difference. But the only mod you really can swap out for is Hammer Shot.

You end up with lower damage if you swap out Piercing Hit. Bane works best with a lot of elemental damage mods,

because their damage is based on the weapons base damage.

Lanka base damage + 60% Armor Piercing:

250 + 150 = 400

Lanka base damage + 30% Bane

250 + 75 = 325

If you now add Piercing...

325 + 195 = 520

But you have to sacrifice another mod for that. There is only Hammer Shot, everything else is out of the question.