Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You guys what would be a great feature? Making Codex some sort of a Wikipedia!

xerxan

Yeah so instead of going out and and googling warframe wiki and then searching where or what or how to do stuff. Couldn't they just make the codex contain at least some of the info in yeah I know it does have them, also making the search feature in the codex global would be great and efficient instead of going to tabs because some (like me) are too lazy or too dumb to know where's the right place to search for things that may also be the reason why others don't even bother using codex well some people I know of don't even use it. 

So I was doing Fortuna quests, and some of the new items I don't even know what they are or where to get them I had to search in google which currently has less info in at the moment. So maybe you could just type like "ANOSCOPIC SENSOR" in SEARCH then the CODEX would indicate where they might be found and some info, would that be too much really? It really does break immersion going back and forth from Warframe. Maybe you don't even have to do it right away maybe after getting in Fortuna or Cetus or Talking to some NPC you get the infos on those. Also maybe a "Codex port/hub in Cetus or Fortuna" would also be great, that would be like a public library of some sort which you can see the information in that map like in the codex I've suggested. Wouldn't that be great? sigh.

Like this could be helpful to new players like first thing they do in warframe is LOOK UP IN CODEX or add in the tutorial. Need something? LOOK UP IN CODEX! Just type the thing you don't know in the Search bar and press enter, if don't have the info maybe a hint who and where to get them IN THE CODEX. Type "Plastids" would turn out, need more go to PHOBOS (would be like a mini-quest like scanning). So yeah, this might be already in game because I'm too dumb or lazy, so I'm sorry. Maybe just make the CODEX easier to use, you do already have the search button why couldn't it be just one click/type away?

I support this idea. Several other games have in-game web browsers as well, like The Secret World/Secret World Legends, plus the Steam Client itself. It may even be possible to link the Wiki web pages themselves as accessible in-game, should this feature be added.

Honestly, as much as I adore this game, it shouldn't REQUIRE you to alt-tab out of it constantly to check resource drops and other such information.