Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unexpected boredom :/

1TheOneWhoKnocks

15 minutes ago, 1TheOneWhoKnocks said:

I don't really see any urge to do the missions of play fortuna at all. K driving is really fun but I only did it for a few hours. I don't see any real reward in playing fortuna anymore.I was genuinely exited for fortuna. Its sad for me because I know how much work has gone into this release

understandable feeling maybe consider taking a break and playing something else for awhile perhaps your just burned out from all the excitement you had? 

Fortuna feels like a copy/paste of PoE , aye.

I didn't like PoE and I don't think I'm going to like Fortuna.
The addition of a bunch of new resources always feels like a punch in the stomach and it's even worse when you can only get said new resources by playing boring and tedious mini games and are forced to do them over and over for hours and days in order to craft stuff ; needless to say that all of Fortuna's stuff is locked behind said new resources and new syndacates standing ( something which is also a pain to get ) . 
I really don't like to play mining / fishing / hunting simulator for so many damn hours a day, I'd like to play Warframe. 
Bounties also take a relatively long time to complete compared to missions and their rewards aren't as good resource-wise .
I feel like I'll probably stay away from Fortuna just like I stayed away from the Plains ever since they came out.

I suggest you go solo every now and then. Not saying always solo/pub just mix it up a bit. 

The missions can get harder and can even fail in solo, so less rewards. But the exploration/immersion factor heightens when you have to pay attention and not get carried/rushed by a squad. Paying attention to missions equals engagement and less boredom

You can always go back to pubs and appreciate the ease of that too, but some of the breakthrough moments I had in WF were done solo in an “exploration” mindset, not just killing or collecting mindset. 

7 hours ago, 1TheOneWhoKnocks said:

I don't really see any urge to do the missions of play fortuna at all. K driving is really fun but I only did it for a few hours. I don't see any real reward in playing fortuna anymore.I was genuinely exited for fortuna. Its sad for me because I know how much work has gone into this release

Personally all i wanted was playing without loading in and out and have side activities. I know not everyone like me but now with fortuna out of the way hopefully we get some interesting events. Also i am still wonder about the big spider i dont see anyone talking about it.

19 hours ago, Elyann said:

The addition of a bunch of new resources always feels like a punch in the stomach and it's even worse when you can only get said new resources by playing boring and tedious mini games and are forced to do them over and over for hours and days in order to craft stuff ; needless to say that all of Fortuna's stuff is locked behind said new resources and new syndacates standing ( something which is also a pain to get ) . 
I really don't like to play mining / fishing / hunting simulator for so many damn hours a day, I'd like to play Warframe. 
Bounties also take a relatively long time to complete compared to missions and their rewards aren't as good resource-wise .
I feel like I'll probably stay away from Fortuna just like I stayed away from the Plains ever since they came out.

everything true

I'm enjoying it cause I have goals to complete, and I like snowy areas, and collectibles, and that sweet sweet MR exp, Fortuna stuff gives so much in total we're going to be around almost half way to 27. When I cap rep in everything, I fish for crafting mats, hunt for floofs, and camp the bases for Toroids for Fortuna part 2 update when operators play their role on big spider bois. 

Edited by Vesiga

it is always good to remember that DE is on vacation and willing to put effort into the game at this time....but they did manage to fix a lot of design nonsense in poe eventually, presumably they will fix a lot of the crap they released with this drop.

I'm feeling the same way right now. It's a good, solid update but it's just too much like PoE and since none of the new stuff like Operator suits, Moas, or Kit guns interest me I feel like there isn't much for me to do that's enjoyable. I was hoping Garuda would keep me motivated to play but I'm not happy with her current state. It really bothers me because I love Warframe and DE with all my heart. 

20 hours ago, Elyann said:

Having played the update quite a bit since release, you're absolutely right. I love PoE though, I was just hoping Fortuna would be a breath of fresh air but it feels TOO much like PoE which theoretically should be a good thing. However, in this case, it feels like the opposite. Maybe my expectations were just too high?

Yeah I agree about how you feel. I feel kinda forced to enjoy it currently because of how long it took to make and the effort put into it.

On 2018-11-10 at 5:58 PM, Elyann said:

Totally agree on the new resources thing... I was expecting the ingredients for blueprints like the K-drive parts, attainable from other missions outside of Fortuna. Right now everything seems like a huge grind in just one spot.....again.

6 hours ago, Vesiga said:

I'm enjoying it cause I have goals to complete, and I like snowy areas, and collectibles, and that sweet sweet MR exp, Fortuna stuff gives so much in total we're going to be around almost half way to 27. When I cap rep in everything, I fish for crafting mats, hunt for floofs, and camp the bases for Toroids for Fortuna part 2 update when operators play their role on big spider bois. 

Same, actually PoE with the new mining system it's pretty fun, arcanes (zaw, operator, amps) where the nasty pain for everyone (because eidolon gems where terrible to find ) I think, at least I can talk for me. The lighting changes a lot too, it's nice to play in there now.

21 minutes ago, mcdoo said:

Take out mining and fishing on Fortuna and problem is solved. Add more variety of missions, make the K board a bit faster and give us some flying enemies, not the jetpack floating bubble dudes, they are cool btw. 

Actually k-drives can be faster, you just have to grind standing. Remember u have archwings too, they are pretty much faster. In my case, i use k-drives unless i'm doing a timed mission, in that case I just use the archwing.

On 2018-11-09 at 7:36 PM, 1TheOneWhoKnocks said:

I’ll also probably play Warframe a lot less after completing Fortunas standings due to weapons disposition and retroactive Riven stats nerfs across the board. This fix doesn’t balance weapon usage and doesn’t respect my time and efforts. 

In all honesty I get where the OP is coming from. 

Bounties started feeling repetitive after about 3 or 4 goes for me and it basically stems from the fact there's no real variation in the locations. 

Fortuna, like PoE, is basically a static map (unlike the non open world maps) and we have the same set of mission types in a few locations (hopefully it will change when fortuna part 2 comes out).  Then we have travel time which makes things take longer and the need for entirely new resources, some of which are far too low a drop rate, for anything new and shiny.  Basically it's another 'game within a game' like PoE which means it has the same issues as PoE due to it's disconnect from the rest of the game.... we don't even have any crossover of PoE resources with Fortuna...

Then to top it off I'm getting some of the new mods and basically looking at them and then thinking... ok this is a new kavat/kubrow mod, where exactly am I supposed to put the dual stat mods (fire/status etc), I have no space for them and I can't just remove existing mods because all the ones I have are needed/useful.  It's all very well having these new mods but we kind of need the space to use them or they'll just end up being ignored over 'better' mods which then makes your 'joy' at getting the reward turn into 'meh' when you realise you have no reason to use it.

Admittedly I might be a little 'biased' towards Fortuna as it seems DE have deliberately stuck certain new things behind a 'forced' time wall in the hope of us buying it with plat and I don't like that approach to selling things in the game.  DE, most of the community will buy/use plat if you give us good content, think of it as getting a reward from your players in thanks/recognition of your time and effort, you don't need to try and engineer ways to make more people buy stuff, if anything it puts people off.

Edited by LSG501

I don't agree at all with really any points raised here.

I don't think Orb Vallis is copy'n'paste PoE. Poe has always and still does feel like a mess of heres-some-stuff-in-a-place-have-fun-grinding. I have no idea what the Grineer are doing out there and to be honest the way it's presented doesn't motivate me to find out either. I think I might know that Vay Hek might be involved?

Fortuna and Orb Valis feel like an actual place with stuff that is actually going on. I look at the map and I see the sense of it all. Nef Anyo is a prick and his prickiness just got a buff. I take great pleasure in ruining his plans and helping the people he is oppressing.

What Fortuna/Orb Valis lacks at present is mission variety but don't forget this isn't it. They made it pretty clear that they wanted to release what was ready and that more will be released as it is finished. We don't have the spider hunting yet, we don't have the space battles yet...

If you are bored with content of this level in 3 days then the problem is you and your expectations. Perhaps you shouldn't be expecting an update to be a whole new game. It's just another piece of what is a freaking huge pie.

Edited by DYSEQTA
Fixing a typo

14 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

you don't need to try and engineer ways to make more people buy stuff, if anything it puts people off.

In a free to play game, they most certainly do actually. 
I get what you're saying, make people want to spend money, not make them feel like they have to. That is the ultimate free to play model. But there are certain areas where DE does in fact have to encourage players to buy other things. They could never support the growing staffing and increasing goals of development they strive for off of cosmetic sales alone. Thus, they still allow everything gameplay wise accessible via free means, with the *option* to skip that method with platinum. It's a genius system that keeps the game alive, despite whether or not anyone happens to like it. 
Think of how many people have bought Khora and Mesa? and to a lesser degree, frames like Nidus and Gara? Millions upon millions of platinum made by DE by just making occasional things harder to achieve than others. It's a delicate balancing act, but it's a line they must walk to be a successful company. 
This game isn't League of Legends with a grand scale, many times more players, tournaments, and etc. DE CANNOT survive off of churning out skins and cosmetics. They just can't. The sooner everyone accepts that, the sooner they'd see that probably the most "predatory" items in the shop are Warframe and Weapon slots. Everything else is EZPZ free to play and Warframe is so much better for it. Do the work, or pay to skip if you choose. 

11 minutes ago, Azlen said:

In a free to play game, they most certainly do actually. 
I get what you're saying, make people want to spend money, not make them feel like they have to. That is the ultimate free to play model.

As you say later it's a balancing act and imo they've gone 'too far' with the timegating, rng on bounties (in the case of garuda) AND new resources needed for the new stuff, and that's ignoring the stuff that's from fortuna standing.  I've actually bought a few things via plat as I couldn't be bothered to wait/farm it (operator cosmetics and the sentinel, which is very lacklustre by the way) but I bought them because I 'wanted them', not because I felt that 'I had to buy them' to get them 'now' and that's where I feel DE has fallen short this time with primarily garuda and the new weapons, and it's not like I'm short on plat or anything got over 3k of the stuff just sitting there.

Khora, gara,nidus etc aren't really 'forcing' players into buying them, thats more an issue with rng and there will be just as many people who haven't had any of that issue with farming it (mine was pretty quick for example for all of the 'hard' to farm ones, not saying they were all fun but still)

On 2018-11-10 at 3:36 AM, 1TheOneWhoKnocks said:

thats because its the same thing you have already done wrapped in a new hub area, nothing more, what you did in POE you do the same just somewhere else, its pretty boring after the novelty wears off which is near instantly in my case.....  back to waiting for something decent... soon(tm).

Edited by Methanoid

44 minutes ago, DYSEQTA said:

I don't agree at all with really any points raised here.

I don't think Orb Vallis is copy'n'paste PoE. Poe has always and still does feel like a mess of heres-some-stuff-in-a-place-have-fun-grinding. I have no idea what the Grineer are doing out there and to be honest the way it's presented doesn't motivate me to find out either. I think I might know that Vay Hek might be involved?

Fortuna and Orb Valis feel like an actual place with stuff that is actually going on. I look at the map and I see the sense of it all. Nef Anyo is a prick and his prickiness just got a buff. I take great pleasure in ruining his plans and helping the people he is oppressing.

What Fortuna/Orb Valis lacks at present is mission variety but don't forget this isn't it. They made it pretty clear that they wanted to release what was ready and that more will be released as it is finished. We don't have the spider hunting yet, we don't have the space battles yet...

If you are bored with content of this level in 3 days then the problem is you and your expectations. Perhaps you should be expecting an update to be a whole new game. It's just another piece of what is a freaking huge pie.

all flash, no substance, its how many a game or game series has fallen to mediocrity, fortuna/op vallis simply "looks good", but wrapped in that, its the exact same deal as poe and the exact same deal as regular missions we had from day 1, only in a different location where it's novelty factor and good looks will quickly wear off once people realise they dont have anything "new" do to, its just the same thing as before.

5 minutes ago, Elenortirie said:

what my unexpected boredom there was how easy and fast I smashed into timegating mechanic called "daily syndicate rep cap"

Shh later DE nerfs the amount of standing on bounties!

Just now, Datam4ss said:

Shh later DE nerfs the amount of standing on bounties!

well I'd not care - in total I have done like only two bounties - for last two days I get instacap from just by turning in byproduct of mining for materials I needed for moa/board 😉 They'd need to nerf that and debt-bounds to make the difference for me 😉