Fetch vs. Chesa's Retrieve

Kromatia

With the advent of the Fetch mod, the Retrieve precept for the Chesa Kubrow has become sort of a redundancy. The major difference between the two mods is Retrieve allows the Chesa to pick up things other than mods and ammo such as ayatan stuff and scanny plants. Unfortunately, this has been very unreliable since it was switched to working only when you're out of combat. I would like to propose a change for the chesa's precept mod that could help it work better with the new Fetch mod.

1. Remove the description of the stuff it picks up that duplicates everything Fetch does.
  2. Make it work both in combat and out of combat so that it's not just wasted mod space.
  3. Denote that it only picks up things that the sentinel's Vacuum normally would not (ex. ayatan stars/sculptures and scanned plant resources)
  4. Perhaps make it something completely new that acts as a sort of resource and ammo booster (ex. an orokin cell drop will give you 2 cells instead of 1 and shotgun ammo will give you 20 instead of 10)

As a longtime Chesa user, I really hope that they give Chesa a buff. I like your suggestions, I personally hope that they add a x2 multiplier for things that Fetch does *not* pick up. This way Chesa's would be a viable gathering companion with a clearly defined role without it being overpowered or the new meta (I think many people don't care that greatly about plants/stars/sculptures). Needless to say, the buff needs to also apply if you pick it up yourself, because Kubrows still tend to get stuck every once in a while. 

32 minutes ago, Pacrijnus said:

As a longtime Chesa user, I really hope that they give Chesa a buff. I like your suggestions, I personally hope that they add a x2 multiplier for things that Fetch does *not* pick up. This way Chesa's would be a viable gathering companion with a clearly defined role without it being overpowered or the new meta (I think many people don't care that greatly about plants/stars/sculptures). Needless to say, the buff needs to also apply if you pick it up yourself, because Kubrows still tend to get stuck every once in a while. 

yes please!!!

My suggestion is to rework the dog to be ignored by most enemies as it goes around collecting all loot in a massive radius, and for it to pretty much never get into combat(Indirect fire can still hurt it.
(it could also supply other teamates even bringing a health orb to them to revive them?)
The only thing that should attack it is like sentients and wildlife.
Sounds a bit Like DD from MGSV but I think the companions should be more unique and diverse.

On 2018-11-13 at 12:48 AM, morningstar999 said:

I'm really surprised it didn't get a change and do something like carrier does now? (being they changed that when vacuum  for all sentinels came out) 

To be fair all kubrows are in dire need of a rework. 

maybe they are being reworked and that's why there was no changes in chesa to avoid breaking even more things before a big change across all kubrows? Or if not... increased pickup range plox? X) or focus on gathering, ignoring combat if put in slot 1? :<

I don't know if I agree with that change. Dogs can be just as stealthy as cats, they just achieve it in much different ways. A pack of hunting wolves are not exactly brutish as compared to their domestic counterparts. Wolves tend to stalk their prey, studying its behaviors and the terrain, sometimes for days before they strike. This is not unlike the Huras kubrow stalking in the shadows waiting to pounce. Yes, canines are less graceful at hunting than felines, but they are no less capable of being stealthy.