Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda's Ultimate

x3miyuki

I've been playing Garuda for a bit and her first 3 skills are perfect for her. And the synergy between them is impeccable, but I've found her ultimate to be the sore spot. Her ultimate doesn't do much damage and is mainly there for slash procs. But the slash procs don't do much at all. Also it seems to disrupt my fast pace playing style for Garuda, constantly moving and siphoning hp. Her ultimate seems lackluster as there's not much reason to actually use it. It uses up the largest amount of energy out of all 4 skills but has a minimal effect. Also it doesn't seem to have a connection with any of the other 3 skills. I'm not saying to change it, but it would be great if the ultimate was something worth using. Most ultimates have been life saving skills, getting you out of dangerous situations but Garuda's Ult doesn't seem to do any of it. It slows me down and lets the enemy deal damage to me while I can only walk slowly. This is just my opinion and I would like to know how others feel about her new Ult. And what changes can be done to maybe improve it further.

In my opinion, ultimate of garuda requires the characteristics,which some of them except other. What i mean, write list of REQUIRED characteristics only for ultimate and variants of working ultimate.
1.strength
2.duration
3.range
4.cast speed(animation time for charge full range)
5.efficiency

Now base parameters of ult damage 150, dot duration 10s, 50% of bleeding chance(not interesting now, because base value it each second strike with bleeding),
full cast animation around 4sec and 100 mp
how could it work:
1)high DPS - right parameters (full cast animations and mp), the troubles start with dot time and damage - if it is fast damage ultimate then damage should be more, else it dot ultimate ,then 10s dot duration so small in order to damage all marked enemy(i mean in order to damage any weapons, which get bleeding chance, not only ult damage)
2)hypothetical aoe - right parameters(all except form of damage figures), currently figure is a droplet or cone(this should be more correct) where range parameters make figure lengthens forward. in this case range could increase width of cone figure or increase the angle at the top of the cone.
3)support dot(so interested variants) - right parameters (damage, dot duration), unbalanced parameters (efficiency and cast speed). if not change cast speed then in party much enemy will be died, before cast skill will be finished or we need cast without charge and more times(2-3 ult's), but each ultimate cost so high(even if you have 130% efficiency or lower).
In this variants ultimate should be cast faster or cost lower than 100mp in default case. if reduce only one parameter(mp cost or cast speed) then it should be 30-50% reduction, or reduce each needed parameter(mp cost and cast speed), but reduce on so lower percentage.

I hope DE designers will think about those variants or make something else.
Because current garuda's ultimate, not damage, have so little dot duration, so longest full cast animation, not effective in open map as Vallis Orb or Plains of Eidolon.

Edited by Nemesis52

hace 41 minutos, Nemesis52 dijo:

1.strength
2.duration
3.range
4.cast speed(animation time for charge full range)
5.efficiency

Yes is just like this..  u cant have a strong build with all these needes.. u forced to be " balanced " wich is not usefull really..

il y a 26 minutes, davej83 a dit :

Yes is just like this..  u cant have a strong build with all these needes.. u forced to be " balanced " wich is not usefull really..

Not all at same time, but this one of this parameters nerf usability.
in variants i look each combination and wrote why one or two parameters broke other mechanics

in order be cleary. The ultimate have this 5 parameters and require 5 parameters. And you right wrote

Révélation

u cant have a strong build with all these needes..

and it is mean that mechanic of dot ultimate can't realize correctly

Edited by Nemesis52

il y a 3 minutes, davej83 a dit :

thats what i mean i can focus on 2 stats high but it sacrifices others points..

Sorry, may be i not correct understand you first time... now i sure that we talk about same thing. Sorry for caps and other....

Am 10.11.2018 um 05:47 schrieb JenaZX:

I've been playing Garuda for a bit and her first 3 skills are perfect for her. And the synergy between them is impeccable, but I've found her ultimate to be the sore spot. Her ultimate doesn't do much damage and is mainly there for slash procs. But the slash procs don't do much at all. Also it seems to disrupt my fast pace playing style for Garuda, constantly moving and siphoning hp. Her ultimate seems lackluster as there's not much reason to actually use it. It uses up the largest amount of energy out of all 4 skills but has a minimal effect. Also it doesn't seem to have a connection with any of the other 3 skills. I'm not saying to change it, but it would be great if the ultimate was something worth using. Most ultimates have been life saving skills, getting you out of dangerous situations but Garuda's Ult doesn't seem to do any of it. It slows me down and lets the enemy deal damage to me while I can only walk slowly. This is just my opinion and I would like to know how others feel about her new Ult. And what changes can be done to maybe improve it further.

garudas 4 is a debuff more than anything. enemies under the mark from her 4 receive a slash procc from any dmg they take during the mark with the named chance in the describtion.

u can easily see 30k slash proccs with the right weapon used with her. u can easily wipe a group of lv 150 highly armored enemies when u nuke them with her 1 orb after debuffing them with her 4. the slash proccs directly from her 4 alone only do their part vs low lv enemies, true, but anything above -> use the synergy with the mark.

there is absolutely nothing weak about it. its not a 1 button press to win but something really strong which requires interaction though whilst also being creative and fitting her theme. the only real improvement to garuda imo could be done to her passive like giving it a 5 second duration for the highest buff value for example so that we have at least 5 seconds to utilizse +100% dmg realistically before its healed up again. other than that shes very strong and useful to nearly any squat even outside of her solo power.

Edited by Xydeth

About debuff function. It can be work but also for 130 lvl enemy so duration timing so small in order damage many of marked enemy. Also for debuff  case this ultimate have so longest cast. i.e. In solo case you haven't time in order damage 35% from marked enemy. For party game play 130 get more damage from other before finishing cast(yes in add power of ultimate) if you will be live after finishing. The casting animation haven't hyper armor animation frames.
For symultions its work cool, in really fight you haven't enough time in order cast and life. 170% efficiency decrease duration. 130% should used with flow 275% mp but 3 skill sell 50% hp for 23% MP, and some of them u need in order recast second skill in order to healing or you have a high risk to be one shot. the armor card or cast animation -50% card also get a slot. i see and test many builds for garuda, but debuff... first skill damage 130lvl more effective and cost skill + charge less than one debuff cast. It is mean that debuff so less effective then build first skill dps(This build was faster, more damage, end mp efficiency)

Say more, i want to see variant with debuff useful, but cast speed or duration should more longer. (cast speed is more balanced case, because i can use more effective card than "Natural Talent") 

Edited by Nemesis52