Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orb Vallis: You can leave squad when done

-ViperStrike-

I saw some people arguing because some other player wanted to stay on Orb Vallis while some others wanted to leave back to Fortuna, it is a common thing to see while on Survival missions and etc. Since it is possible to choose the next mission outside Fortuna people think they're forced to go with the squad again.

You can leave the squad you're in once you complete the mission, you won't lose any of your rewards you got before when doing so. Once you're solo then you can leave via elevator back to Fortuna. That's it, friendly reminder for future reference.

It is easy and better than waiting to vote ''no''. It is as useless as staying neutral on defense voting. I wish it was that simple on the rest of the game. Since it isn't written anywhere near and Eidolon didn't had a Konzu outside the gates I thought I should warn.

Edited by CyberGothic
Misspelling

Issue is with how unstable things are and in general at times people don't wanna lose their loot. If there was a watch to deposit your loot without the threat of losing it via a D/C, Crash then i'm sure people would stay longer. But as it is people don't wanna lose their resources or drops they got from a bounty or the fish they have.

Agreed, but watching two people arguing that much for something so simple to solve was just terrible. But even I didn't know he could leave without losing it at first. I can understand their anger on common Survival though, try to imagine losing an hour worthy of Mutagen Sample because of power or net outage. We should be reasonable with each other when deciding the time to leave.

Edited by CyberGothic

2 minutes ago, CyberGothic said:

Agreed, but watching two people arguing that much for something so simple to solve was just terrible. But even I didn't know he could leave without losing it at first. I can understand their anger on common Survival though, try to imagine losing an hour worthy of Mutagen Sample because of power or net outage. We should be reasonable with each other when deciding the time to leave.

That and i've had host migrations to solo fail on me a few times and i end up back on my ship with nothing to show for all that time spent.

Peer-to-peer game can do that to players. I think WF still is using that kind of networking because dedicated servers are either too expensive or too technically difficult. So far I haven't seen people leaving Orb Vallis with host migration issue but it is a matter of time. Still, leaving is easier now when needed so use it wisely.

1 hour ago, Lancars said:

That and i've had host migrations to solo fail on me a few times and i end up back on my ship with nothing to show for all that time spent.

1 hour ago, JaycemeSwain said:

If you had been around with the release of POE you'd understand why people rather stay in a mission if in a pug squad. Host Migration issue tend to be the main reason people fear leaving the squad

Even if the result screen won't shown. The bounty reward is 'Saved' when each bounty stage is done. So you won't lose any bounty reward. IDK about Standing but it should also save like the reward.

Even if you DCed when the last bounty is done, you'll still got all bounty reward. Even if you aren't really go to extraction point.

Edit : Well, other reward and resources won't save... I think?

Edited by NocheLuz

We finally have the option to run endless bounties without going back and forth but someone always wants to return to Fortuna.  Which is understandable.  We're already programmed to 'return to Cetus' so it just makes since.  Plus like others have said people are afraid of losing their drops. 

A lot of public bounties I've done have ended with 1-3 host migrations. Because this happens so often I've become the one who leaves the squad first because it just makes it easier.  I don't like doing this but unless everyone decides to go back to Fortuna or we've already decided that we're doing another mission this seems to be the best option.  Just starting another mission and hoping everyone will vote for it never works either. 

Right now if I want to do bounties for any extended period of time I'll just go straight to the Vallis solo and capture one of the communication ?relays? (can't remember what its called) and then run bounties from there.  They're different than the ones at Fortuna anyway so it changes things up which is pretty cool.

It just seems like we're missing out on a great feature here.  I guarantee you 9/10 those players going back to Fortuna are starting up another bounty anyway.  But I don't know what the solution is outside of bringing a full squad or going solo.  I guess concrete proof that our resources and drops are secure?  It'd be pretty awesome to see a results screen after each bounty while you're still in the Vallis but that's asking a lot probably.

What is everyone else instinctively doing after finishing a bounty in Public Squad?

I had multiple occasions were the game just decided to kick everyone out of a session right after matching in the lobby for some reason not stated by any prompt.

That can also happen when the squad is already playing like I had so many times too, but a minute after landing the ''You will be redirected to the multiplayer menu'' or something like that popped up on screen. Sometimes it rewards you some sort of bonus or items you collected before that prompt. It is just to pacify you I guess because some items had no relation with what I was doing whatsoever.

Sometimes it does work however, farming tons of relics all the way through the 30th wave when that prompt happened. Everything I had until wave 25 managed to show up on my message some couple minutes later on the Orbiter. My point is, leaving can be bad but with these ghostly issues from the game itself, host migration is downright dangerous for the advanced farmer or for the lucky-item you just found.

I think I was naive to think that exiting Fortuna wouldn't end up as some sort of abuse so to speak, just as 2 or 3 sticking on Survival beyond some other player. What I can suggest though is keeping things civil and a nice approach on other players can and will lend to less issues.

Yet outages may be happening in the other end. Human issues like having to leave in a hurry, but apathy will be happening to.

It seems to me like more communication is required for these Bounties.  Instead of just assuming everyone else is on the same page we really need to be speaking up right from the start.  "I plan on leaving when this is over"  "Any chance we can do a couple in a row?"  A lot of people already do this for Survival, Defense, Interception and Excavation Missions, myself included. 

It's never been an issue at PoE though.  You didn't have to communicate your plans for finishing the mission because we always returned to Cetus.  But we should think of this as another Endless Mission and get a clear picture right away where everyone stands.  I know a lot of players will never do this.  And new players are often too shy to say anything but I know I'm going to start bringing it up at least. 

What I've noticed is veterans rushing back and forth missions/guy at the gates. Newcomers gets confused and leaves middle mission thinking it is endless types, as it happens it is  actually that.

Anyone you encounter out of the blue is a random player, which happens all the time and when you go lone wolf (without friends or clan mates) it is hard to keep it up with everyone, so some chemistry is needed. This is the source of friendship too in the game, some conversation sparks and planning starts. Communication is everything I really agree on that