Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

electric fishing rod / cave pond issue

Vanilla_nuka

Sometimes the electric fishing rod plain doesnt work in the cave ponds. Multiple times while fish farming I had my rod straight up just bounce off the water, I also had the pond consume my dye/bait and then not actually deploy said items to attract fish. The cetus fishing rods seem to work fine for the most part, but they too sometimes seem to clank off the water for no apparent reason. Not sure if this is intended or a bug.

Also, there seems to be a bug where if you fall into a cave pond while fishing, you can perpetually fall until you manage to somehow move out of it, I had this happen once or twice while fishing

Edited by Vanilla_nuka
update

I've found this to happen as well. One thing to look for is if the fish has its name displayed above it. If you can see the name it wont be able to be hit with the fishing spear/Shock spear. It will bounce off the fish or off the water. It seems like some of the crystal vents are larger than they appear. Additionally in some of the caves there will be black pools that cant be fished in. Those will eat the dye pods. Due to the lighting they are hard to see.

The temporary fix is to make sure you can see the fishes name above its head. Then you know its not obscured.