Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Solved] Game frequently freezes/stutters in mission and public areas

Winterpeach

Edit: I verified and optimized my game, and so far, no freezing has occurred. I'm not sure if the issue has been completely solved, but I'm leaving this here for anyone who happens to have the same problem and reads this.

Edit 2 | Nov 12: Never mind, the freezing is back. When I opened up the navigation panel, my game crashed. 

Edit 3 | Nov 12: I followed the Steam guide linked in kai661xbox's post, and fortunately the freezing issue disappeared! I hope it stays that way. Thank you for sharing that guide, kai661xbox. 

Edit 4 | Nov 16: I'm just going to stop saying that the freezing is fixed. After the recent hotfix, the freezing is back. This is agitating me. I hope there's a solution soon.

SOLUTION - Edit 5 | Dec 15: In case anyone in the future stumbles upon this thread: I contacted Warframe Support, and they suggested disabling Superfetch. After I disabled Superfetch, I didn't experience any stuttering.

According to Warframe Support: "Disabling superfetch is safe. if ever the case you are curious/ dont know what superfetch is for its a windows process that is suppose to optimize and handle the Unit's ram but sometimes it causes more problems than it fixes."

To disable Superfetch: 

* Press "Ctrl + Alt + Delete" and open "Task Manager" / Right-click taskbar and open "Task Manager"
* Look for Superfetch (For me, the program name was "SysMain" and the description was "Superfetch")
* Right-click Superfetch and click "Disable"

Hello. Lately, I've been experiencing an irritating issue where my game frequently stutters in the star chart, public hubs, and missions. Here is an example of what I experience when I play. This has never happened until Tuesday (November 6). Please note that this is before Fortuna got released. 

I found similar threads and tried to follow the advice people gave, but no solution improved my problem. For example, I read about how disabling Nvidia Share solved the issue, but I don't think I have it on my laptop. Another example would be turning off PhysX which Warframe no longer has. 

One of the threads mentioned DirectX, so I decided to turn off DirectX 10 in my launcher settings, and much to my surprise, the constant freeze went away. However, I felt like my laptop was running harder than before when I had both DirectX 10 and 11 enabled. I noticed the game was consuming more RAM than usual, and I didn't like that (reminder: this was before Fortuna got released).

However, today, silly me decided to see what would happen if I re-enabled DirectX 10. To no surprise, the freeze returned, so I disabled DirectX 10, thinking that that would solve the problem... But it didn't. My game is still freezing with or without DirectX 10. 

Could anyone please help me with this issue? Thank you so much in advance.

• Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.59 GHz
  • Display adapters (graphics card drivers are all updated):
    • Intel(R) HD Graphics 520
    • NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
  • All my graphics are low when I play this game.

(Side note: I have no knowledge when it comes to stuff related to PC hardware, so please bear with me.)

Edited by Winterpeach

I am experiencing this exact issue myself. Just not nearly as pronounced. 

I have yet to have it occur outside of Fortuna's HUB but it's frustrating regardless. The freezes are very pronounced and there's no reason my PC should be experiencing them.

I am running on an...

Intel i7-8700K
Corsair 16GB (8GB x2) 3000Mhz DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti overclocked
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E MB
Samsung 970 EVO SSD

I've tried new drivers, reboots, reinstalls, setting changes. Everything I can think of but it's still happening.

This is enormously frustrating, it's difficult to enjoy the new area when these period freezes continue to take me out of it. I'm also concerned this will progress and begin to have negative influence on missions.

As far as further symptom description, sound acts strangely during this little freezes. Dialogue will continue without issue, often resulting in subtitles no longer syncing with the line spoken. Background ambient nose appears to cut out completely during the freeze. And any active noises such as the bullet jump woosh, gun fire, sliding, etc. will simply freeze and repeat until the game catches up again.

Any help would be very appreciated. 

54 minutes ago, IronCypher said:

Hello there. Sorry to hear that you're also experiencing this.

Have you tried verifying then optimizing your game? (You can do this by opening your WF launcher and clicking the gear button in the top right corner.) I just did this and so far, no freezing has occurred. I'm hoping this solves the freezing issue completely. 

18 hours ago, Winterpeach said:

Have you tried verifying then optimizing your game? (You can do this by opening your WF launcher and clicking the gear button in the top right corner.) I just did this and so far, no freezing has occurred. I'm hoping this solves the freezing issue completely. 

I have yes. Unfortunately it hasn't helped. Maybe it will just go away.

I am happy to hear your issue has been resolved though!

3 hours ago, IronCypher said:

I have yes. Unfortunately it hasn't helped. Maybe it will just go away.

I am happy to hear your issue has been resolved though!

I'm sorry to hear that it doesn't work. I sincerely hope you can solve it soon! And thanks, I'm also relieved it's gone.

2 hours ago, kai661xbox said:

Thank you for the help! If I ever do run into this issue again (I hope not though), I will be sure to try this out.

On 2018-11-10 at 12:09 AM, Winterpeach said:

15 hours ago, kai661xbox said:

Download DDU. Remove all Intel graphics. Then try some of these, https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=625627818

15 hours ago, kai661xbox said:

And update Nvidia and windows 

Unfortunately the tweaks did not fix it. And my rig is powerful enough I shouldn't need to make concessions to not run into these issues. 

Beyond that, I do keep OS and drivers updated. Minus experimental builds.