Track and Tranq : Impossible to make animals sleep ?

DemoHellsword

So, i played a lot of Track and Tranq during the first day of the update. I've caught tons of these things and passed my first level of syndicate only doing this.

The problem here is that before, i was able to use crowd control abilities (For example, Equinox's sleep or Valkyr's Paralyze) and was able to catch a good amount of the little creatures, making it more easier AND making the player think a bit by taking a Warframe that would improve your successful hunts.

After this hotfix, i find that it doesn't work anymore (At least on virminks...) and instead of being put to sleep, they just become invulnerable to all damage and even the tranq dart doesn't make them sleep anymore after that.

So i would like to ask : Is this an intended bug correction or just a nice little addition that got bugged because of the new hotfix ?

Update : The Pobblers are also subject to this. It might be a fix not mentionned in the hotfix ?

Edited by DemoHellsword

Okay, i ran some tests with the frames that i use, and i've seen quite some nice things.

The animals aren't affected by sleeping or movement-forcing abilities. So things like Equinox's Sleep or Vauban's bastilles are out. Another bad thing is that all the sleeping abilities will NOT WORK, but also IMMUNE them to all damage, making it impossible to capture them.

However, some things that SLOW the animals like Valkyr's howl DOES work. There are also a little amount of abilities that work, like Excalibur's blinding howl which blinds them and make them unable to move. There is also Harrow's first ability that can immobilize them for just a bit, or even Revenant and Nyx's mind control that can turn them into allies and force them to stay as allies until you shoot them !

So yeah, if these are bugs, the devs will surely find this and put an end to it. However, if this is a REAL FEATURE, then have fun you beautiful Tennos !

Update : Thanks to various posts, i also know that invisibility frames are working, but watch out because they still hear the noise, see the dart OR see their comrades asleep. "Hushed Invisibility" is recommanded. I'll need to run some tests at some point =w=

Edited by DemoHellsword

also someone mentioned in another thread that banshee might even be the better choice since she doesnt need a specific mod, thanks to her 3rd ability "silence" which also silences weapons and can stun enemys, but i didnt test and cant rly judge if its better or not.( loki has stealth,banshee not :D)

4 hours ago, imbressive said:

also someone mentioned in another thread that banshee might even be the better choice since she doesnt need a specific mod, thanks to her 3rd ability "silence" which also silences weapons and can stun enemys, but i didnt test and cant rly judge if its better or not.( loki has stealth,banshee not :D)

banshee's passive silences weapons without using any ability