Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Keep Garuda's Shield Up

ShockBurst

Garuda can be easily taken down in the high levels which is why I would prefer if shooting her orb did not drop her shield. Enemies are shooting while it is being charged and they are still shooting when you release it (which is when shields drop). This makes Garuda too exposed. I also think she should have an invincibility stage when casting 1 (similar to atlas punch) because ground slams, AOE attacks and so on easily take her down in the high levels when she teleports. I know Garuda is about using movement to survive but all of her moves stop her from moving very well. 

Conclusion: 1. Do not remove her shield when the orb (from charging her 1) is shot.

2. Give her 1 an invincibility stage similar to atlas' 1 invincibility state. She is too "squishy" to go up close while having moves that limit her movement.

In my option, the shield needs more.

Either give it some curve or perhaps as bone armour for 360° protection with reduced incoming damage rather than invulnerability.

Then add an increased duration or remove duration completely when the armour is up.

Either way, she needs a little more when it comes to the protection of self.

Yup she definetly needs some 80/90% damage mitigation like Mesa or a "overshield" thing like Rhino's. Directional shield simply doesn't work for a frame that needs to get close to things for 2 of her skills. It looks like it'd fit a camping defense frame like Frost or Gara.

1 hour ago, DenoDagor said:

Yup she definetly needs some 80/90% damage mitigation like Mesa or a "overshield" thing like Rhino's. Directional shield simply doesn't work for a frame that needs to get close to things for 2 of her skills. It looks like it'd fit a camping defense frame like Frost or Gara.

My preference would be to have a blood cloak graphically

9 hours ago, Phyrak said:

In my option, the shield needs more.

Either give it some curve or perhaps as bone armour for 360° protection with reduced incoming damage rather than invulnerability.

Then add an increased duration or remove duration completely when the armour is up.

Either way, she needs a little more when it comes to the protection of self.

Yes I also think the shield should be bigger but I wonder if the 90% mitigation would help much since her hp pool is so so low. If they can't make a curved and bigger shield then I think they should at least add a brief invincibility state so you won't be 1-3 shotted as soon as you get close to enemies. If not invulnerability then at least let her 1 knock down enemies in a nice 360° area because Garuda seriously lacks in survivability. Her moves just put her in too much danger, DE.