Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

JacketUnHoly

I feel the same way and was, and still is, confused by the conversion rate. I have also come across an awkward problem with the races as well, tho it may just be because I can't sync with the servers (of which I can definitely believe), but I can't get the standing I earned from the race itself when I'm on a firewall-ed network that won't allow me to use the multiplayer function of the servers, yet still be able to play solo. I can still get standing for and from everything else perfectly fine. I wanna know if this is a bug or legit how it is cause I lost about 7k standing. Pardon the rant if it seems to be of the like. But yeah that's really pissing me off as well cause I really want to make an expensive K-drive, but the conversion rate is too out of wack.

Edited by Alpheiser
grammatical issue

Yeah, there's a few things they could do. First, if you're going to have a 3k point max, award points automatically as soon as you cross the 3k threshold. If you're gonna make us literally grind for hours, don't make us interrupt our grind every thirty seconds to get points. 

Second, yeah, make rep/affinity 1:1 with trick points. The 25% multiplier suuuucks.

If you want people to grind out points by actually travelling, then figure out a way to grant points for territory travelled—that is, from location to location. How about if those Ventkid glyph thingies that appear all around the map give a timed, stacking trick bonus? Right now they just give a single bonus to your trick multiplier. What if grabbing one of them gave a semi-permanent +1 to your trick multiplier, which fades after 60 seconds? It could stack up to +5 max. In order to keep your +5 trick multiplier, you'd have to keep moving from place to place, not just grinding in a circle.

Yep, so if your daily standing cap is 25000, for example, you need to do 25 x 3000 tricks. With the constant interruption, the random "oh I didn't want to count your perfect landing anyway", basically all you are doing is boringly doing the same trick over and over until you're done for the day. Not fun at all to be honest. It's a bummer too, the boards also don't compare for getting around like the archwing.

My issue with BOTH open world areas is simply this: You pretty much are forced to go into the area with ONE goal in mind to accomplish.

• If you're grinding around in a circle on your board during a bounty, people will rage.
  • If you're fishing during a bounty, ppl will rage.
  • If you're mining during a bounty, ppl will rage.
  • If you're maxing out the global alert and toroid farming, well that's better done in a group and not a bounty pug.
  • If you're in plains, same stuff with fishing & mining, except fishing is time-gated... via night and day (ugh)
  • If you're in plains and want to eidolon cap, time-gated and specific group, ugh ugh.

What I don't understand, is why missions (bounties) don't simply incorporate some of these things that everyone needs & wants, but as it stands right now, the open world thing is mostly a solo experience with the exception of a few specific things, which again, you're only there to get that specific thing with that group, instead of an array of things to do, together. It's not very adventurous at all and more of "gotta do this and do it like this".

I'm also bummed that there's no team - orientated things with the hover board, or even a bunch of tricks that multiple people could do together. (Mid-air bottom board smacking?)(Triple spin high five?)

4 hours ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

you're playing games wrong if you're that focused on the destination.  it's the journey getting there that's the fun part.

Dude, a) that's a fundamental misunderstanding of the gameplay-reward loop, and b) "you're playing games wrong" is always a false statement.

Edited by motorfirebox

On 2018-11-11 at 1:37 PM, Argenex said:

Yep, so if your daily standing cap is 25000, for example, you need to do 25 x 3000 tricks. With the constant interruption, the random "oh I didn't want to count your perfect landing anyway", basically all you are doing is boringly doing the same trick over and over until you're done for the day. Not fun at all to be honest. It's a bummer too, the boards also don't compare for getting around like the archwing.

My issue with BOTH open world areas is simply this: You pretty much are forced to go into the area with ONE goal in mind to accomplish.

• If you're grinding around in a circle on your board during a bounty, people will rage.
  • If you're fishing during a bounty, ppl will rage.
  • If you're mining during a bounty, ppl will rage.
  • If you're maxing out the global alert and toroid farming, well that's better done in a group and not a bounty pug.
  • If you're in plains, same stuff with fishing & mining, except fishing is time-gated... via night and day (ugh)
  • If you're in plains and want to eidolon cap, time-gated and specific group, ugh ugh.

What I don't understand, is why missions (bounties) don't simply incorporate some of these things that everyone needs & wants, but as it stands right now, the open world thing is mostly a solo experience with the exception of a few specific things, which again, you're only there to get that specific thing with that group, instead of an array of things to do, together. It's not very adventurous at all and more of "gotta do this and do it like this".

I'm also bummed that there's no team - orientated things with the hover board, or even a bunch of tricks that multiple people could do together. (Mid-air bottom board smacking?)(Triple spin high five?)

I like the tricks part, but we could expand it so they give more base standing and possibly an additional multiplier possibly also stacking based on amount of people involved (lining up multiple grinds to get that 15+ multiplier) which would also encourage people to K Drive together.