Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What am I doing wrong?

Riger82

Just started doing the hunting.

I got a perfect for my first. Now I can't get better than 'good'. I'm doing it exactly the same way. I make sure to walk the tracks and not skip ahead. I shot it in the butt for the perfect, but then again only got me a good. Shoulder, still a good. Middle of the back....still good. What am I doing wrong?

The only thing I can think of is the call, maybe? I sit there with it out but the marker doesn't show. When I play noises a few times, it finally pops up. Am I supposed to remember a specific call? Am I supposed to wait longer? I don't get it, and the game tells you next to nothing.

Also, I really wish Biz would shut the hell up and stop telling me how bad I am when I catch one. He tells me I didn't catch it, and I need to use the lure better...while the stupid creature is floating in front of me.

Edited by ssj782

Hey ! Biz is a beautiful toaster man ! Leave him out of this !

And more seriously, maybe try to hit him from an unseen position like his back ? I know i'm always out of their range of sight and i use a couple of frames that makes the hunt easier, but i can also get perfects like i'm doing (Always crouching, shooting from the back and behind an obstacle or on top of a mushroom).

I can only tell you to keep trying and find some answers yourself mate 😕

I started getting perfects around 50% of the time. And Biz still pisses me off because he says I failed even though I shot and captured the creature. And that's REALLY not helped when a random corpus patrol sees you from a distance and start shooting, making the animals instantly bolt.

I doubt I would even be getting goods if I didn't hide behind things and shoot them in places other than the head. The most annoying thing is when you're told to get downwind... But I have no idea what direction the wind is blowing in the game. So how do I do that?

Edit: How do you call a subteranean one?

Edited by ssj782

I can't even get a chance either the paw prints disappear or the stupid animals spawn right under my ass and immediately get spooked you either get a friggin loki for a stupid mini game or fail 75% of the time

i think one should also observer the different animal behavior, the pobbers run in circle a lot, but when they stop and sit down, i think thats the best time to shoot them, i did get 4 perfect scores with this method.. then again sometimes i only get a good 😞

i didnt manage to get a perfect on virmings yet, but when they stop moving it seems they are in an alert state and i assume this lowers theyr score if you shoot them at this time. when they move i always get a good, but i wonder how to get a perfect on them.

like fishing (since its the same game mechanic for score) i think its not working 100% correct. no matter in what state the fish is ( spooked = lower score, or calm = better score) and if i hit dead center on the red bar or not, it appears kinda random if i get a low/mid or high score on the fish. or i simply didnt understand the scoring system, in this case please correct me.

The tracking phase doesn't effect the score, just leads you to the call spot. As far as I know the only thing that matters is the alertness of the creature; as long at they don't see you at all you should get a perfect. 

I've gotten good scores with my Ivara's prowl and staying downwind, since creatures can get alerted by just scent. For wind direction observe the surrounding plant life or your frame's syandana/etc