Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simulacrum Brightness Bug?

kouji86

Somewhere after update 23.8 the simulacrum was fine with my setting but now it is way to bright and saturated, i posted this as maybe a bug but with no luck nothing was done from DE, so maybe its not a bug and some odd change done either unintentionally, below are pictures with my setting, if anyone has any idea it would be appreciated.

eVCzli0.jpg

Warframe textures impact heavely on lighting, even if you play with brightness/contrast it won't do much when your graphics are set to lowest (I do have them aswell cuz potato pc) and I just got used to it, even if it makes it hard sometimes.
Most prevalent now on Fortuna being all white, seeing hunting tracks is almost impossible (good thing the area is marked on the map so you can actually scout the call spot yourself regardless and it's actually faster than following the tracks even more if you use a scanner), and the caves are all dark (good thing they're not THAT big and complex to nagivate in), but the biggest lighting issue with low settings even if you have high brightness, are the corpus facilities in Vallis, they're all dark no matter what and something so trivial becomes a true maze when map layers overlap.

Edited by Vanille

1 hour ago, HorridaMessor said:

I'm not 100% sure, but didn't Steve said that WF's Lightning Engine is broken atm? 

It has always been like this for low settings as long as I can remember, it just changed drastically worse with the release of PoE and the lighting tweaks Steve did with the engine a while ago.

Edited by Vanille

2 hours ago, Vanille said:

It has always been like this for low settings as long as I can remember, it just changed drastically worse with the release of PoE and the lighting tweaks Steve did with the engine a while ago.

I'm playing wiht a mix of High and Ultra settings and after Fortuna releasse game is too bright. Hek, even the star chart is blind inducing bright white.

And this is not the only lighting problems introduced with U24 - I'm using Stalker UI scheme and in Ticker's menu the avaliable for purchase debt-bonds are barely visible.

So my best guess is borked lighting engine

Edited by HorridaMessor

44 minutes ago, HorridaMessor said:

I'm playing wiht a mix of High and Ultra settings and after Fortuna releasse game is too bright. Hek, even the star chart is blind inducing bright white.

And this is not the only lighting problems introduced with U24 - I'm using Stalker UI scheme and in Ticker's menu the avaliable for purchase debt-bonds are barely visible.

So my best guess is borked lighting engine

I have the same Ticker issue using the Fortuna theme, or any theme that's slighty dark aswell. I saw streams of high settings and it looks perfectly fine, so it's again tied to low settings somehow.

Edited by Vanille

1 hour ago, Vanille said:

I have the same Ticker issue using the Fortuna theme, or any theme that's slighty dark aswell. I saw streams of high settings and it looks perfectly fine, so it's again tied to low settings somehow.

Once again - I'm playing on a mix of High and Ultra settings - so it's not an issue isolated to lower-end settings