Orb Valis Fishing Hotspots

Kaotyke

Question

11 answers to this question

3 hours ago, bluepheonix13 said:

Haven't got a picture, but they look more cyan than blue and also have some bubbles albeit less noticable. Will post a picture once I run into one again.

More cyan than blue?

I will have a lot of toruble if its that....

8 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

More cyan than blue?

I will have a lot of toruble if its that....

Do you have some sort of color blindness? Because I can imagine it being quite difficult to spot if so. I think these are supposed to be the hotspots:

Spoiler

EuFoqoP.jpg

c9UC9R0.jpg

They do have a cyan shimmer and there are little lights glowing regularly.

Edited by bluepheonix13

The color of the water will switch between cyanish green and blue. There are also tiny beams of light coming out of the water. I suggest you fly over the big lake in the middle of the map with your archwing and you should be able to easily identify hotstops from just regular water. I can post a screenshot in a bit.

It's a bit to the right and down from my reticle. They are way easier to spot form above imo.

377228a19f93831ff7a633300953233b-jpg.jpg

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime

3 hours ago, bluepheonix13 said:

Do you have some sort of color blindness?

I think so? Distinguishing shades of some colors are a bit of an issue to me, specially if they are sublte and in the lighter side of the spectrum.

22 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Out of curiosity Kaotyke, were you solo or client when you were searching?

Because there's a definite issue for clients, but I also suspect there's something more to it as I too spent hours searching and couldn't find them.

Until about an hour ago.

Solo, fishing, mining, hunting... those I'm always in solo.

This is pretty much how it looks like. I had trouble seeing it at first, but it turned out it's just a problem for clients. As a host or solo I can spot it easily. Mainly look for the little green sparkles/ light beams. 

MiF3hhD.png

Edited by Endiri
grammar; sorry for potato quality graphics

thanks guys , i m colorblind and i coudnt figure out if i was able to see them or not (cant see the cyan ones but the greens are kinda possible to see )

but this post is the best to clarify 

also , do they spawn only during the 4mn of warm weather ? or i can find them anytime? 

Edited by LineKernel

21 minutes ago, LineKernel said:

thanks guys , i m colorblind and i coudnt figure out if i was able to see them or not (cant see the cyan ones but the greens are kinda possible to see )

but this post is the best to clarify 

also , do they spawn only during the 4mn of warm weather ? or i can find them anytime? 

Seems to be anytime.

But I notice something of a patern, you know the area of the lake in front of the Fortuna gate? With a single rock at the water in front? When the temperature is going from Cold -> Warm, that place is always a hotspot.