Garuda’s Lack of Lore is Disappointing

GinKenshin

She was found under a shroom.....that’s pretty much what I got from watching a Vox Solaris quest playthrough 

I can understand tying Warframe lore to scanning glass fish in an open world, or having to farm bounties to get the parts first, or having to farm bounty rewards that have crap RNG and isn’t related whatsoever to where you actually get the frame, but not having any lore and not mentioning it whatsoever is straight out disappointing 

I know everyone is praising DE for the fortuna release, and it is really an awesome place to play in, but what’s the point of that when parts of the game is being neglected and postponed just so Fortuna and other big projects gets released? I know not everyone really cares about the lore, I haven’t even seen it being mentioned, but I’m just getting sick and tired of seeing the game gets sacrificed for big projects like this. I know you guys wanna balance both, but you’re not doing that well regarding that 

If I have missed something about Garuda’s lore then please feel free to tell me, but if there isn’t any then....well, again, I’m disappointed and sick of this

Thanks for reading 

I completely agree. Garuda is an awesome frame, but she needs lore. Even if they retroactively put a quest in, or maybe some dialogue with a short mission from Eudico I would be happy.

I want to know why she is the way she is. We have lore for many of the frames, even if its just codex entries from Simaris. To have such a beautiful frame with amazingly gory powers, its a shame not to have lore. It could be something as easy as 'During their excavations, the corpus had discovered some remains. Any corpus that attempted to investigate her started bleeding, and they had to shelve their research." and have parts of her dissected on a table in a facility.

Recently, the only frame with decent lore that we got was Umbra.

Khora has little lore hidden in collectibles and for some reason she drops in SO.

Revenant got a very basic mini-quest that wasn't even in the codex at first because even the Devs knew it was extremely short.

Now Garuda is earned after a quest as a secondary reward (from a mail and not the quest itself), but the only info about her is that a Solaris found the blueprint under a shroom. At that point, just put her bp in the market and her parts somewhere in the starchart. Better: Tenno Lab. There's no point in making her the "Fortuna frame" when she isn't even related to it whatsoever.

8 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Recently, the only frame with decent lore that we got was Umbra.

Khora has little lore hidden in collectibles and for some reason she drops in SO.

Revenant got a very basic mini-quest that wasn't even in the codex at first because even the Devs knew it was extremely short.

Now Garuda is earned after a quest as a secondary reward (from a mail and not the quest itself), but the only info about her is that a Solaris found the blueprint under a shroom. At that point, just put her bp in the market and her parts somewhere in the starchart. Better: Tenno Lab. There's no point in making her the "Fortuna frame" when she isn't even related to it whatsoever.

Even khora’s lore was more about her cat then the actual frame 

I’d say wursts like limbo and mirage, even inaros are what a ‘quest frame’ should be. With these, the main focus was on the frame and not on something else like world building and syndicate lore. Revenant is sorta guilty of this too, but not as much 

All of this imo is because DE is focusing on challenging and proving themselves with big projects and gaining more attraction from press and public imo, sure they do love what they’re doing still, but stripping other parts of the game for it isn’t worth it. The game is called Warframe for lotus’ sake

Why not just write your own lore for her? Headcannon that S#&$e.

Prior to the Terra-forming of Venus using Coolant, an early strain of the Helminth Virus was let loose upon the surface to observe, and to be experimented upon. As such, Venus was a planet controlled by the Orokin that during their time, had several Infestation Outbreaks. Those pylons orbiting Venus not only served as a defense mechanism, but also as a tool to eradicate large swaths of the Infestation in the early days. (Orbital strike inbound, ftw.)

Another of Ballas' Helminth strains, that would become the Garuda strain, showed promise as a Warframe adept at quelling the Infestation (slashing, absorbing flesh) with greater precision. So nearing the end of the Old War, Garuda was then stationed at a position where her abilities could be used to the fullest extent if needed, Venus.

After the Collapse, and subsequent cryo-sleeping of the Tenno. The Warframes became mostly innert, save for those whose operators held  a strong connection with. Garuda wasn't one of them.

As Venus began to severely cool over the centuries due to the now malfunctioning cooling towers, the Infested outbreaks became less common. With an Infested strain almost becoming dormant, and assuming a Fungi like nature. Some of which grew over the ever deteriorating Garuda (wasn't kept in a cryopod like your starter frame). Up until a Solaris discovered her.

Edited by A-Midnight-Shanking

8 hours ago, A-Midnight-Shanking said:

Why not just write your own lore for her? Headcannon that S#&$e.

Prior to the Terra-forming of Venus using Coolant, an early strain of the Helminth Virus was let loose upon the surface to observe, and to be experimented upon. As such, Venus was a planet controlled by the Orokin that during their time, had several Infestation Outbreaks. Those pylons orbiting Venus not only served as a defense mechanism, but also as a tool to eradicate large swaths of the Infestation in the early days. (Orbital strike inbound, ftw.)

Another of Ballas' Helminth strains, that would become the Garuda strain, showed promise as a Warframe adept at quelling the Infestation (slashing, absorbing flesh) with greater precision. So nearing the end of the Old War, Garuda was then stationed at a position where her abilities could be used to the fullest extent if needed, Venus.

After the Collapse, and subsequent cryo-sleeping of the Tenno. The Warframes became mostly innert, save for those whose operators held  a strong connection with. Garuda wasn't one of them.

As Venus began to severely cool over the centuries due to the now malfunctioning cooling towers, the Infested outbreaks became less common. With an Infested strain almost becoming dormant, and assuming a Fungi like nature. Some of which grew over the ever deteriorating Garuda (wasn't kept in a cryopod like your starter frame). Up until a Solaris discovered her.

That’s the thing, I don’t want lore to be the next tennogen, which happened because DE were outta good ideas during that time and needed us to make fashion which was clearly more creative 

I’m not saying our lore would be better, but DE has a special way of doing lore and story telling that I’d like to see more of, especially in smaller areas like Warframe quests. DIY content just so they focus even more on bigger projects isn’t the answer either 

9 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

That’s the thing, I don’t want lore to be the next tennogen, which happened because DE were outta good ideas during that time and needed us to make fashion which was clearly more creative 

This is so objectively false. DE decided that having the players create their own warframe skins helmets would be a load off for their team while also allowing more designs by the bulk to be allowed in warframe. Tennogen is more efficient and faster way to get fashion in warframe. All DE had to worry about after the creation fo tennogen is creating Deluxe skins, everything else is done by the players.

While I'm somewhat on this train as well, there's another thing - we haven't quite yet, as was stated by both Eudico and the developers, finished receiving story quests for this area.
So turn this feedback thread into proper feedback. Add that Garuda's lore should appear in the next quest regarding Orb Vallis! Certainly a lot of people would like to know more about how this very unique gruesome, blood-controlling warframe ends up in a gilded mushroom formation.
Considering the mushrooms themselves, akin to the Orokin architecture, consist of very organic components, perhaps failing to control their growth?
Not to mention all of the Orokin remains which hold so many stories of the past, screaming for someone to finally tell it. The corpus have been able to replicate their technology, recycle their materials and keep the cooling project going. And all that research we see them executing in the labs across the Vallis? They have to know something!
Whether the future will be focused on big orb hunting or just defending Fortuna is irrelevant. My mind is hungry for lore! A portion of the story should and probably can be revealed!
How great would that be!

I don't think Garuda needed a full quest, something along the lines of what Revenant got would have been nice though. Honestly I think there is something to be said for giving every Warframe a Revenant-styled quest retroactively.

Or, something that might be even more interesting is having the 'lore' only unlock after you have maxed out the Warframe. So for example after you max out Garuda Ordis says something like "Operator, your Warframe just emit an odd burst of energy, it seems to be a code of sorts... I will decipher it right away" in mission when you hit rank 30 with your Warframe (or in Orbiter if you hit 30 through bonus affinity). Then when you get back to your Orbiter he says something like "The code looks to be coordinates of a cave on the Orb Vallis, I wonder what it could be?". Then you would go down to the Vallis, hop in a cave and find a log about Garuda, then maybe have it lead you to another cave on Fortuna and another log. Maybe something about how Garuda was one of the lead Warframes in the initial slaughter of the Orokin, give some details about how that whole event went down.

Have it all doable in one mission, nothing excessive. Honestly I would not even say there needs to be voice acting for it, I would be happy with text on the screen.

Then, when you are all finished, whatever lore you picked up would be added to Garuda's codex.

Then do something similar for each Warframe, don't worry about new art, new mission types, new enemies. Just some text on a screen and some interactive way to attain that text would leave me very happy.