Add more mod slots

Parcival1107

23 minutes ago, trst said:

But why?

We have enough powercreep as it is.

It isn't going away until DE revamps the entire system, which is going to be something of an investment that'll make melee 3.0 look like a minor detour.  Worse, power creep is what gets people to crack open their wallets or grind their heads off.  Seldom few will spend plat or much time on acquiring distinctly mid-tier items.

And it's true the current mod setup versus enemy scaling suggests that we might be too limited in scope here.  What's the average assault rifle setup? Serration and Split Chamber are always present, and some weapons will get a lot of mileage out of a point strike and vital point.  After that pick your four-six elementals, maybe the PoE multi-shot in place of one if you're feeling like it?  By default, serration at least shouldn't even be a mod, just a part of every rifle, but it's easier to simply add two more slots, and rely on point cost to restrict what goes into those slots (it's more cost efficient for the end user if serration were built-in, it wouldn't suck up 7 points then.)

And most people mod their warframes to get the most out of abilities, hence why I can expect two out of the three randoms in my pubs to have virtually no health or shielding.

Edited by Littleman88

I'm all for more mod spots. Too many slots are used up by the essential mods. I would love to be able to add more cosmetic/utility mods in either frames or weapons. Things that aren't related to life or dmg, but QoL stuff.

There isn't anything to compromise as of now. Either you are using the essentials or your build is sub-par. While waiting for a revamp of the mod system, extra slots would be a nice feature to tide us over until then.

• Like 1

I would be happy for either of these..

1. Useless mods can be combined but halved in stats...the more you combine the less it gets for whatever listed...

2. They give us something like the color picker so we can select our preferred mods and stick all the others out of sight...Seriously I'd rather tone down my inventory than have another slot..I wouldn't turn my nose up to a new slot..but as you can read'... TEAM NOPE... nopes it up at any sign of fun....

3. You can burn a syndicate mod into your powers..so you can choose to permanently change a standard ability to that Syndicate Mod's variation...choose how that happens however you like, I would probably say keep the syndicate mod equipped for so many days while getting so many kills with it then it burns in while the mod is destroyed freeing up the slot....but that syndicate mod is gone from your inventory...

Anyways I would be pretty happy to have another slot for syndicate mods...I really miss the earlier days when you could toss out three of the four power mods and experiment with builds while riding along on one good power...fare thee well year 1 and 2

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

Add 1 more slot that only fits primed sure footed and nothing else.

I swear... The enemy design on Fortuna is just knockdown city.

Whoever thought it's aight to ship it as is needs to be kicked to a bumper cart track and get constantly bumped by every other attendees just so they can feel how annoying it is when too many things shoves them around.

7 hours ago, Aerionoth said:

I just want some utility slots, like Exilus but for augments the like. It's not more power that I want, just more freedom to put QoL stuff in without gimping myself in other ways.

To want utility but without sacrificing power is just power creep.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Parcival1107 said:

and they only have basic elemental mods. it really is mod consuming. why not make a "radiation, blast, viral, gas magnetic. mod as well?

That would be interesting. I always thought something like this would be good on rivens to give riven weps unique elemental combos. Basically anything to make rivens more than damage multipliers. 

On 2018-11-11 at 10:54 AM, Parcival1107 said:

and they only have basic elemental mods. it really is mod consuming. why not make a "radiation, blast, viral, gas magnetic. mod as well?

Even if that is to happen, you really think they’ll balance it as saving up 2 slots for 1? Using the traditional way to get combo elements would still be better. The dmg and status would also be low which defeats the point of having elements 

Only thing that makes sense to do to clear some slots is to remove dmg mods and make them scale somehow up to a point which is similar to how much a dmg mod gives, and also give multi shot a downside, like X% chance at consuming additional bullet

You can even make a proficiency system just like what The Surge has, like rifle/sniper/melee...etc proficiency. Have like 10 levels of it, and each level gives you a dmg boost, you gain levels by maxing the corresponding weapon. I’d say 1 weapon is 1 level....the math needs work here and that’s up to DE but you get the point 

41 minutes ago, Hero said:

How about a separate slot for utility mods? Like sprint speed, loot detection, bullet jump speed, etc something that wouldnt impact how your frame uses its abilities or survival but just overall handy additions.

You mean Exilus slots?
Just  expand the list of mods that fit in that slot. Even maybe add a second slot, limit the drift mods to one per build and done.

I actually agree. Warframe only has 8 slots, 10 if you're counting aura and exilus, but their options are very limited. It might look plenty but considering you need to assign basic scaling mods and most mods only give 1 stat or passive, it just feels underwhelming compared to other games, where the characters can have multiple stats increase from equipment and multiple passive abilities.

For example, Geralt from Witcher 3 has 12 slots just for passive abilities, he still can get multiple passives from his equipment and got his scaling from equipment and level. 

Another example is FF 7. Its materia slot system is actually very similar to original warframe's slot system where you need to equip active abilities as well. But it still has 16 slots compared to warframe's 8

On 2018-11-10 at 7:54 PM, Parcival1107 said:

Because DE doesn't want to go back to the days of "rainbow" builds, and having a mods that would allow you to add in Viral and Corrosive and Radiation all on one weapon would just be returning straight to "rainbow" builds where people just slap on every element because why not?
Its basically one of the major reasons behind the reason DE moved to damage 2.0 and combined elements: Because they don't want a player to just slap on every single element onto their build and instead have to choose what elements they bring with them.

• 1 month later...

honestly i would like for DE to bring back the 10 mods slots back from 8 mods slot for warframes and weapon. that should be reasonable enough tbh. and about powercreep, well buddy there is this thing called rivens and umbral mods. DE gave up on power creep on 2016 so yeah 😛

Edited by kevoisvevo

I'd love another slot on my warframe.  Somewhere I could put a utility mod to make the build more personal to me rather than everyone running pretty much the same builds.  

It would have to come at a cost though.  Me and my friends discussed this a couple of days ago and thought if you added 5 forma to something you would open up another slot.  This would make umbral builds far more viable for more frames meaning you could then take some of the weaker frames further.