Jump to content

K-Drives are kind of useless right now


Kobold101
 Share

Recommended Posts

While I do think it's one of the best mount systems I've seen since Defiance, it's rendered completely obselete by the existence of Archwing. Not only is Archwing faster, and you can use weapons on it, but it's also a flying mount, which invalidate ground mounts even if they move at 1/2 the speed, because that extra axis of movement means just that much.

K-Drive needs buffs and to do stuff Archwing can't in order to make it worth using, because in its current state, there's 0 reason to use it outside of 'fun'.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm all for something you can do just for fun on the side, but as it stands there's not a whole lot going for the K-Drives. They're slower than archwings, the controls are wonky, and you can't use abilities or weapons while mounted. On top of that, the grind for reputation with the Ventkids is absurd, with races currently giving no rep (hopefully a bug) and tricks only giving 1/4 of their points as standing. It turns a recreational activity in a slog of a grind, and that's not even considering the material costs to make a new K-Drive. Additionally, the mods all have fairly minimal effects, and there's so few of them that there's not much room for variation in builds for K-Drives, even if you make it past the grinding wall to get at all the mods. I'm excited about the K-Drives, to be sure, but they're going to be in need of some serious love to stay relevant long term.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, MerkeeKerpee said:

I'm all for something you can do just for fun on the side

 

7 minutes ago, TicTacTaco said:

If that's not enjoyable to you, then I guess don't use them.

Can we please read the entire argument and not just the negativity? I do enjoy the K-Drives, I just also think they need more content to stay interesting. If you don't want to see what people think of new content and how it might be improved, stay out of the feedback forums.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 часов назад, Kobold101 сказал:

 

K-Drive needs buffs and to do stuff Archwing can't in order to make it worth using, because in its current state, there's 0 reason to use it outside of 'fun'.

Lets get back craftable archwing launcher, so k-drive will be free, and archwing dont. That will solve this problem.

But to be serious, there 1 big flaw in your thinking. For newcomers, delivering archwing into plains is very hard task to do, while k-drive is a neat, free reward for completing a quest, and it makes k-drive very valuable for certain group of players. What to do about veterans? Well, question "how to please veterans"  is another story. 

Also, for me k-drive is way preciser and smoother vehicle than archwing, but archwing speed is unmatchable. I use both of them, for different purposes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, MerkeeKerpee said:

 

Can we please read the entire argument and not just the negativity? I do enjoy the K-Drives, I just also think they need more content to stay interesting. If you don't want to see what people think of new content and how it might be improved, stay out of the feedback forums.

What makes you think I was responding to you? I didn't quote you, did I? You're not the OP. I addressed the OP's complaints about it not doing stuff that the archwing can't. This is objectively untrue.

If you think every post is about you, then maybe it's you who should stay out of the forums.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, TicTacTaco said:

It can do stuff that archwing can't.... Tricks, grinding, etc. If that's not enjoyable to you, then I guess don't use them.

Yeah, now name something useful. 

I want to actually have a reason to use K-Drives over Archwing to get around. It being its own self-contained thing is bad, because of how good of a ground mount system it is. As it stands, there is no reason to use it over Archwing to get around.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TicTacTaco said:

You're not the OP..

But I am.

 

1 hour ago, AetherBreaker said:

You do realize that playing games is something you do for fun, (atleast in the case of warframe) so if your not playing for fun then why are you here?

 

20 minutes ago, TicTacTaco said:

It can do stuff that archwing can't.... Tricks, grinding, etc. If that's not enjoyable to you, then I guess don't use them.

Can we please read the entire argument and not just the negativity? I do enjoy the K-Drives, I just also think they need buffs and/or extra stuff to keep them viable. If you don't want to see what people think of new content and how it might be improved, stay out of the feedback forums.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Kobold101 said:

Yeah, now name something useful. 

I want to actually have a reason to use K-Drives over Archwing to get around. It being its own self-contained thing is bad, because of how good of a ground mount system it is. As it stands, there is no reason to use it over Archwing to get around.

There is a reason to use it... for the fun of it. If you don't find it fun, then sure, just use the archwing. I personally enjoy just roaming around solo on it. That's something I'd never do with archwing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Kobold101 said:

But I am.

 

 

Can we please read the entire argument and not just the negativity? I do enjoy the K-Drives, I just also think they need buffs and/or extra stuff to keep them viable. If you don't want to see what people think of new content and how it might be improved, stay out of the feedback forums.

I'm confused. Are you posting from two accounts or something? The guy who originally responded to me was not you...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TicTacTaco said:

What makes you think I was responding to you?

Idk maybe the part where you posted right after I did and it's a reasonable thing to assume I'm part of a conversation I've contributed to, especially considering that not everyone quotes every little thing they want to respond to.

That said, I do apologize for my mistake.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would definitely enjoy a few more areas dedicated to just k-driving or maybe more grind materials across both orb vallis and plains of eidolon, but other than that, k-drive is so much better than archwing. While archwing definitely (And we can both agree here) beats k-drives in terms of efficiency and mobility, the k-drive is just so varied in tricks and combos you can pull off while looking badass, you'll never get bored of it.

 

I for one am always using the k-drive, but yes, if I want to go from A to B fastest, I go into my itzal and blink there in less than 3 seconds... but there's no fun in that, and I would have missed anything and everything that could have showed up in my way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some of the responses in this thread are confusing me. Like, do you not want it to be useful in addition to being fun? Do you enjoy it more because it is inferior to Archwings in terms of usefulness? Wouldn't it be more interesting if K-Drives had some advantage over Archwings, making their use practical in addition to fun?

I can't see any logic behind any push back to wanting K-Drives to compete better with Archwings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, devildevil21 said:

 

I for one am always using the k-drive, but yes, if I want to go from A to B fastest, I go into my itzal and blink there in less than 3 seconds... but there's no fun in that, and I would have missed anything and everything that could have showed up in my way.

You've just nailed why flying in open world games is an overall bad edition to the game itself. 

I wish more WoW players thought like you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 минуты назад, DrBorris сказал:

Some of the responses in this thread are confusing me. Like, do you not want it to be useful in addition to being fun? Do you enjoy it more because it is inferior to Archwings in terms of usefulness? Wouldn't it be more interesting if K-Drives had some advantage over Archwings, making their use practical in addition to fun?

I can't see any logic behind any push back to wanting K-Drives to compete better with Archwings.

I think that this topic just became an argue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think if there was a way to use your weapons and maybe abilities on your k-drive that would be absolutely amazing and i think solve the problem most people have with them. Maybe there could be a new system of tricks that incorporate kills for bonus points? Another way that could work is if DE added a way to switch between trick mode and combat mode, or seamlessly flow between them. That would be awesome if i never had to dismount my k-drive and i could drive through a hoard of enemies while slicing and dicing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AetherBreaker said:

You do realize that playing games is something you do for fun, (atleast in the case of warframe) so if your not playing for fun then why are you here?

yes, and as it stands, OP would like kdrive to be more fun. he even said it was fun, just wants it to be more fun. are you against increasing fun in a video game? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, thickbeagle said:

I think if there was a way to use your weapons and maybe abilities on your k-drive that would be absolutely amazing and i think solve the problem most people have with them.

Perhaps the alt fire button could be used to swap between trick mode and certain weapons? Perhaps the Arch-guns, since those don't have an alternate fire mode that I can remember and they're accessed through the same mod screen anyways (though the idea of riding a hoverboard with a machine gun big enough to be it's own board is admittedly perhaps a touch too comical). Though I don't know if ability use would be feasible on a K-Drive, at the very least active abilities such as Mesmer Skin should stay active while on a K-Drive.

Also, we have mods for doing elemental damage on tricks, but can we get a mod that lets us ram into enemies while boosting for ragdoll/impact damage?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Kobold101 said:

there's 0 reason to use it outside of 'fun'.

Why are you playing video games at all if you don't want to have fun? If you want efficiency, you should probably do something more efficient than games then XD  Maybe develop a new skill or something?  If Warframe - actually, if life as a whole - were all about "getting everything done as quickly and efficiently as possible," and no time to take a moment to enjoy something just for the fun of it, then there is really no point......to games or to life.  You're dooming yourself to have a miserable experience.  Do yourself a favor: Try to slow down from maximum efficiency every once in a while and enjoy the ride.

This post irritated me a bit, but I'm trying to keep a civil tongue on here.  DE, the K-drive mode is amazing, and I'm looking forward to future improvements to the system!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Races are broken atm (npcs are also disabled) and so is grind. The last hotfix broke something in gring, it stops all the time now, and you fail the trick.

And I agree with the OP, there´s little reason to use K-drives right now.

They´re fun if you´re solo, sure, but if you´re doing bounties, your group won´t like you lagging behind just because you wanted to ride your spaceboard.

A few thing´s I´d like to see:

- fix the races so they give actual standing.

- let you race against the people on your group, make it a bounty you can get from Eudico or Roky at the ventkids place.

- make it so you get the same ammount of standing as your trick score.

-more mods and utility for the K-drives in combat.

 

Tha would be a good start.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Mikhael222 said:

Why are you playing video games at all if you don't want to have fun? If you want efficiency, you should probably do something more efficient than games then XD  Maybe develop a new skill or something?  If Warframe - actually, if life as a whole - were all about "getting everything done as quickly and efficiently as possible," and no time to take a moment to enjoy something just for the fun of it, then there is really no point......to games or to life.  You're dooming yourself to have a miserable experience.  Do yourself a favor: Try to slow down from maximum efficiency every once in a while and enjoy the ride.

This post irritated me a bit, but I'm trying to keep a civil tongue on here.  DE, the K-drive mode is amazing, and I'm looking forward to future improvements to the system!

We´re all here to have fun,sure, But that doesn´t mean that some things don´t have room for a few tweaks here and there.

The K-drive is amazing, true, but you said it yourself, it needds improvement.

The OP is absolutely right, the archwing is superior in every aspect over the K-drive.

If DE don´t give it some love, it will be something that people will max out and never use it again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, MerkeeKerpee said:

Perhaps the alt fire button could be used to swap between trick mode and certain weapons? Perhaps the Arch-guns, since those don't have an alternate fire mode that I can remember and they're accessed through the same mod screen anyways (though the idea of riding a hoverboard with a machine gun big enough to be it's own board is admittedly perhaps a touch too comical). Though I don't know if ability use would be feasible on a K-Drive, at the very least active abilities such as Mesmer Skin should stay active while on a K-Drive.

Also, we have mods for doing elemental damage on tricks, but can we get a mod that lets us ram into enemies while boosting for ragdoll/impact damage?

Yeah I agree, its quite annoying having iron skin reset every time I pop on the k-drive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...