Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx 9.8: Feedback Thread

Brosagi

- Physic bolts:

Now it "seeks" only nearly walls and disappear in it) No chance to try it on any planet with close environment. Or hit something under cover. But I think you will fix that. About damage - looks like it's much apropriate now, but ability is still weak cause it do nothing to enemies except damage. Most abilities good as damage when they have aoe effect or control effect. Because single targer can be downed much faster just with your weapon. Now this ability looks more like first ability of any other warframe. But in that case  - Mag can use first ability to pull and knock down. Vauban can stun and do much more damage. Nova - you don't need to press it multiple time, they will protect you and stagger enemies. Saryn can hold it almost endless on big group of enemies, so it's good aoe damage. Etc. Maybe you can add some interesting effect to this ability too?

- Absorb:

Mechanic of this ability is still too tricky to use it in the field. I'm talking not about damage, but about which enemies can be hit by this. I mean - you surrounded by the enemies take tonns of damage in your buble - blast - half of them still here and not even damaged. And they still firing in you. I have died dozens of times while testing it. Looks like one enemies can shiled other from your blast. I'm not talking about covers or walls. This enemies aren't harmed too. And it's really not good. I think you should change blast mechanic OR you can add some knock down or stagger animation for all targets in the radius of blast. It will give you some time to take cover. In that case you can use that ability to tank some time and pull attention out of your team. Than get out unharmed. Just thinking.

Nyx still needs more fixes. Psychic bolts should bypass objects and track targets, right now it still collides with walls and can't hit enemies under cover. For 50 energy this skill is still lackluster.

Absorb needs to have a short stun or stagger duration debuff for enemies near the radius after it has expired. Using absorb while ancients swarm you is actually suicide as of the moment.

- Psychic Bolts: Now they hit walls and disappear at a higher speed? Again, the only major thing wrong with these is that they don't bypass obstacles.

- Absorb: Yeah it seems to have been changed as advertised. Enemies still run for cover after you get their aggro, of course, and Absorb still doesn't go through cover. Now it has flat damage, so it's more like other ultimates, but with a huge delay, which makes it seem like a bad bandaid fix for a broken ability. Shade cloaking still not fixed.

This ability just flat-out needs replacing. It's not that interesting, and for it to work properly would take a substantial AI rework at minimum, a damage multiplier to be balanced against Antimatter Drop, 100% puncture through obstacles and more - and at the end of the day, it would still take control away from the player for the (extended) duration, which makes it dull. If the time cannot be put aside to do the CONSIDERABLE amount of work to make this skill fit smoothly and effectively into gameplay, it's better off replaced.

First of all, I want to say that I love Nyx and her powers and I really don't want to see them changed, just fixed.

Now on her recent buff. Well, it's nice. Enemies now take damage / die really shortly after I use Psychic bolts due to the augmented speed and the damage buff on absorb made it slightly less likely for enemies just beside me to stay alive and shoot me to death when getting back on the ground (on low and mid level that is, absorb on high level is still more or less a suicide button).

BUT Nyx does not need a buff as much as a fix in my opinion.

Why is Psychic bolts so bad at the moment ? Not because of the damage type or amount : 6 x 150 serrated blade (armor ignore) damage is quite nice until T3 void level. It is particularly nice against light infested that have a 3x damage multiplier for serrated blade. The problem with the bolts is that generally, half of them don't hit anything but the roof / walls / floor due to their poor path finding.

Why is Nyx absorb bad ? Because it doesn't hit enemies that are behind cover. And they always go behind cover when shooting the bubble. So yeah, basically, it doesn't kill much and leaves you vulnerable when getting back on the ground. The base damage / max damage thing also does not make a lot of sense if the purpose of the skill is really to absorb and reflect enemy damage. As a side note, its inability to absorb melee damage renders it worthless against infested.

So here are my (really common) suggestions :

- give the bolts a better path finding or let them go through obstacles. A fair bit of stun/knockdown could also be nice at higher level when they cannot kill reliably anymore.

- let absorb hit enemies through obstacles, like other ultis. Remove the damage cap (maybe the damage base too), let it multiply the damage input just like Nova's drop and let it absorb melee damage. Upgrading the skill boosts the damage multiplier. Now absorb is reliable and truly scales with enemy damage input. It becomes stronger the more enemies there is and the more dangerous they are. perfect. Oh and let it stun the enemies that survive, so that we won't be murdered before we regain control over Nyx.

Easy fixes:

1)Psychic Bolts become first skill, costs 25 energy and pass through terrain, ignoring cover. Phorid already does this, btw., nerf damage slightly.

2)Mind Control costs 50 but isn't blocked after you control an enemy. That means multiple pets at the same time, if you spam it.

3)Absorb ignores cover and hits all enemies in its radius. It also only costs 75 energy.

4)Chaos becomes the new ultimate skill, costing 100 energy and lasting a little longer (+25 %). Target cap 15.

Edited by Lord.Finster

I know this is a known issue but felt i would mention it anyway since feedback is being asked for, just fought some infested* and absorb about half the time did not release ANY damage so i was forced to either use it again or use chaos to avoid dying. Psychic bolts i have ranked up all the way ( no focus though) and its accuracy seems to be greatly improved, glad to see this frame will be getting more attention but for me right now the inconsistency of absorb is a big issue since many of us are going to be relying on it to 'save us' as a oh *bleep* button.

* was surrounded by many infested all attacking me so would seem to be ideal situation for absorb since many were attacking me, the leapers obviously were just getting close to me and exploding but not doing any damage to me etc; not sure if absorb was releasing early or just releasing on time and not doing damage but the result either way is the same me in a big pile of mobs with a not very durable frame.

Edited by Tuchaka

Easy fixes:

1)Psychic Bolts become first skill, costs 25 energy and pass through terrain, ignoring cover. Phorid already does this, btw., nerf damage slightly.

2)Mind Control costs 50 but isn't blocked after you control an enemy. That means multiple pets at the same time, if you spam it.

3)Absorb ignores cover and hits all enemies in its radius. It also only costs 75 energy.

4)Chaos becomes the new ultimate skill, costing 100 energy and lasting a little longer (+25 %). Target cap 15.

1. OK 100dmg per bolt + stagger enemies.

2. OK but 30 second duration still be

3 & 4 it could be cool. But absorb need lower DMG. it gives 800 for beggining, To cost 75 energy it should from the beggining have 400-500 dmg.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

My input on Nyx

- Mind Control: MAJOR AI REWORK NEEDED. Most of the time controled enemies will pitifully try and shoot through walls. Endlessly (I'm aware it's more a problem of general AI rework than specific to MC)

- Psychic Blots: Increased damage (200-250 per bolt), Power Duration mods will increase the number of bolts fired (like Nova's Null Star works)

- Chaos: just fine.

- Absorb: Aggro ineffective in most cases.

Power Duration mods have no use to be affecting the duration of the chanelling (you just stay immobile...longer, kills the pace of the game).

No need to go through walls (other ultimates shouldn't in the first place, give them los restrictions and no one will ever complain about ultimates ever again).

Knockback effect would be nice. 

UNLIMITED DAMAGE CAP, and/or a damage multiplier (once again, Nova's Antimatter Drop in mind)

I believe when absorb is activated, passing enemy should not be able to walk inside my energy field.

Look at Criver's picture.

It is ok for teammates to walk inside, but the enemy shouldn't walk in my field.

I was doing a T3D today and a Laser Corp beamed me for maybe 4 seconds, gave up, walked into my absorb field and walked out towards the Pod.

-_____________________-

Please make absorb only tangible to allies.

And please stop avoiding the obvious for the sake of keeping people interested in Nyx and also future new comers.

P.Bolts need to either confuse/stagger/slow down so we can stop using Absorb as a way to stick our heads back into our shell.

If it's difficult programming AI, then please do not try to act like it isn't.  We can tell by the hotfixes it is a headache.  So think of other possible routes while you tweak AI.

If people do not want to shoot absorb and work as a team.

Atleast make our ult able to knock back/stagger/confuse/rag doll our enemy.

Maybe the "coolness" of the absorb features will finally get people to SHOOT US.

You do not understand how pissed off I get after I activate absorb then a Saryn runs next to me and uses her ult and kills everyone.

Now I'm stuck looking like a jackass.

Stuff like that to someone who is still immature or just a regular kid would cause furious anger.

Specially when the Saryn says ":) Whoops"

>:l >:l

But w/e that's why I only play with people I formed a relationship with.

Taking Nyx on a random mission is suicide.

I still love the game and I still have hope.

A lot of us are just passionate.

So Nyx is my favorite warframe, but as others have pointed out, she needs some (big) tweaks.

So the main issues with ABSORB are:

-Only usable with higher level enemies that are close and doing lots of damage to the bubble.

-Leaves you really vulnerable when the enemies haven't done enough damage to the bubble, and since Nyx is squishy, she gets insta-killed when absorb is done.

-Limited range of aoe means that incoming ranged attacks are not really dealt with.

I propose that a non-aoe absorb is used, that directly damages attacking npc's (melee and ranged), that will take away a fraction of the health of an attacker (this fraction is higher with a higher-ranked absorb), in addition to making attackers that have lived through absorb to ragdoll, as Nyx is squishy and has a low base sprint. Canceling out attackers shields might or might not also be necessary.

Thematically/visually, this non-aoe absorb would be "psychic tendrils" (or TENTACLES...) that explode out from nyx to seek revenge in the minds of her attackers.

And being the nyx-phile that I am, has there been any talk of a nyx-prime?

Sorry, but bolts still hardly work. Making them faster didn't help at all. They still hit an enemy, I clearly can see impact FX and mobs glow afterwards, like they were hit, but no damage is done. 8 time out of 10.

Are you sure you aren't seeing the targeting FX? Mobs glow when targeted by the bolts but 8 times out of 10 the bolts still hit some random piece of terrain and fizzle. (At least for me.)

As for Absorb, doesn't anyone else think that Absorb as a skill ruins the pace of the game? I kind of tried to speak to this in my earlier post: to work as intended it will take a ton more work, and even then it will still kill the pace of the game. It will STILL suffer from the issue, mentioned by someone above me, where you cast Absorb and then a Saryn runs past you and casts Miasma (or, more likely these days, a Nova and Mol.Prime). Subsequently, the entire squad runs off to get 10 seconds ahead of you while you sit there in your Absorb bubble. Devs have stated specifically they will never have a cover system in Warframe with the intention of maintaining fast-paced combat. Well, doesn't Absorb fly in the face of fast-paced combat? 10 seconds in Warframe is a long time.

Thankfully, Nyx already has an ultimate ready and waiting: Chaos. Numerous people have said that Chaos should be her 4, and they're right. As for a new 3, perhaps some telekinesis-based skill? I'll think on it and come back to this thread another time.

Absorb should get a complete rework. I don't think the skill has very much synergy with the rest of her "kit".

Nyx is a psychic frame that has spells that bring enemies to her side or confuse them. If I mind control someone that is one less person attacking me while I absorb and if I chaos that is a whole room not attacking me but other people. That makes no sense. That is counter intuitive game play.

Solution 1: Keep absorb how it is and add a significant boost in base damage, reduce channel time, and add a taunt feature.

Solution 2: Rework absorb a bit by adding a pull factor that pulls enemies in the area to her which then attack. This fits the telekinetic theme and would ensure that you actually are useful.

Solution 3: Change the ability completely to something similar to the rest of the frames. Which is to say more AOE based. Maybe blowing up the heads of all enemies near them or maybe comboing with chaos and turning the whole room into allies or making them go crazy and hurt themselves significantly. This would allow her to actually get kills rather than spend all day channeling to just have a nova or or banshee clear the room.

Psychic Bolts. Currently it is blocked by anything which doesn't sound very psychicy to me. I think this ability needs to have a higher rate of damage, more bolts that fire, better pathing, which means that if you shoot it and there is only one enemy then the bolts should ALL hit the target rather than splinter off and his the roof. I think a lower based energy cost would be good as well to make it useful and give Nyx something to do in between her long cooldowns.

Let me know what you guys think.

I appreciate the changes but a few more things need to happen.

Psychic Bolts: 1 - Either a cost reduction or a damage increase, one or the other. 

2 - Environment piercing, they are PSYCHIC daggers, a crate or overhang should not be an issue for them.

Absorb - The blast needs to go through walls as well, again this is a psychic attack and many other ults penetrate the environment, this one should too. With the AI improvements many enemies take cover after firing, making it useless against them. Also it needs to absorb melee damage, last I check this still wasn't happening!