DE please make arrows and bolts faster

randomkaleb

This is just a repost of my post on r/Warframe, hoping to get some visibility.

Bows and crossbows are some of my favorite weapons in Warframe; it's super satisfying to pin multiple enemies to a wall with one arrow or land a really nice aim glide shot. But sometimes, especially playing with the new Nagankata in Fortuna, they feel incredibly slow. For those who don't know the Nagankata's mechanic is that landing headshots decrease reload time. The only issue is that with elevation differences and the longer ranges you engage enemies at in Fortuna, it is extremely difficult to lead those shots. This is why even though the Daikyu's damage leaves something to be desired, it's my favorite bow because I can reliably land headshots.

In Destiny they give bows hitscan if they are fully charged, and while I'm not saying Warframe should copy Destiny, they certainly make bows feel more snappy. I think an across the board increase to projectile speeds for bows and crossbows would be a big help in making them both easier to use and more fun. Bows are already often outclassed by snipers in Warframe, and if buffing damage is not something DE wants to do then maybe this could close the gap.

Even from a world-building standpoint, we are piloting these supernatural machines that use bows that launch arrows with chargeable magnetic fields, I think it would make sense for them to be a little faster.

Projectile weapons generally do quite a bit more damage or have other advantages over hit-scan ones and you can always use a flight speed mods to help with travel time along with Zephyr's augment for her wind shield thing. Not to mention that there's plenty of other weapons to choose from.

Also, some players, me included, like the feeling of sending them death-bits down range a lot more than just clicking enemies to death with some invisible bullets.

Just now, Infirito said:

Projectile weapons generally do quite a bit more damage or have other advantages over hit-scan ones and you can always use a flight speed mods to help with travel time along with Zephyr's augment for her wind shield thing. Not to mention that there's plenty of other weapons to choose from.

Also, some players, me included, like the feeling of sending them death-bits down range a lot more than just clicking enemies to death with some invisible bullets.

I never said they should be hitscan, just that the arrows should be faster, maybe like 35% faster.  I'm not really sure what you're talking about with the damage, at least with bows. They are easily outclassed by their hitscan sniper counterparts. I will give the Zephyr mod a shot though, thanks for reminding me about it.

We might as well give those weapons an acceleration value - the longer the projectile lives, the faster it goes. It'd allow them to more effectively engage targets at long range while keeping their identity everywhere but in open worlds.

Or bump their velocities a lot and increase the projectile drop accordingly so there's something else to compensate for.

Also buff the +velocity mods, because +40-60% on top of hilariously low velocities is still pretty low.

Edited by JuicyButthurt