Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weird textures bug on The Vallis with dx9 and 32bit mode

grenadelaunche0

I'd like to also note that when u switch settings that need the window to be resized (assuming u r in full screen), after loading back in, the floor texture on fortuna will disappear. It will look like you are walking on air. :3

Edited by Alsyard
missing punctuation along with missing space. also just to add an underline to add something :3

ah i'm not the only one, that's a relief! i can't test in dx10 or dx11 - my laptop can't actually run dx11 at all so the option doesn't exist, and dx10 causes infinite loadscreens and crashing, rip. i know my laptop is extremely old and outdated so i'm not expecting a miracle fix for dx9, but it'd definitely be nice! :')

10 hours ago, krc473 said:

People need to consider what the minimum specs are. DE does not support 32-bit, or DX9 anymore. So, it is highly unlikely there will be a fix.

unknown.png
(source)

If you do not meet the minimum system requirements, you should not expect the game to work well.

But they do have many players with this bug and a lot of them wont even come on the forums in the first place so atleast the ones who are reporting are helping out the ones who are not able to do so or lacking knowledge about it and many players of Warframe are low spec gamers so DE can possibly give  a fix for this in a short time span

5 minutes ago, TeraBaapGandu said:

But they do have many players with this bug and a lot of them wont even come on the forums in the first place so atleast the ones who are reporting are helping out the ones who are not able to do so or lacking knowledge about it and many players of Warframe are low spec gamers so DE can possibly give  a fix for this in a short time span

I think you have misunderstood what "no longer supported" means. Generally, it means the Devs will not push out any fixes for those systems. Why should DE provide support for something they no longer support?

• They said these systems would not be supported months ago.
  • "Low spec gamers" is not synonymous with "insists on using outdated technologies" (even GPU's are losing 32-bit support)
Edited by krc473

2 hours ago, krc473 said:

I think you have misunderstood what "no longer supported" means. Generally, it means the Devs will not push out any fixes for those systems. Why should DE provide support for something they no longer support?

• "Low spec gamers" is not synonymous with "insists on using outdated technologies" (even GPU's are losing 32-bit support)

So, DE can fix and remembers 32bit system players when it suits?

Cuz they just let out and 32bit system hotfix, i don't know why they can't just fix a bug that makes the hole update unplayabe

even if they did not release that hotfix, they just don't care about the dx10 version as well, it's laggy, bad optimized, too long loadings, you can't play with other cuz the loading just stop the .exe of the game and causes host migration or even return to the menu

If they don't care about optimize their dx10 version, just fix the damn bug! what's is difficult on that?!

My game's performance best on dx9 32bit on FPS, matchmaking, hosting and graphics still look fine for a low end laptop like me (intel core i3 3110m - intel HD graphic 4000 - 6gb ram)

Running on dx10 or dx11 make the game loading longer, cause host migration on enter a squad but when im hosting there was no problem at all, using ram like hell (fortuna using almost 2k ram on dx10/dx11 - on dx9 it just take 1k6)

That why im stick with dx9 but this annoying bug make me hard to aim or see enemies, anyway it still playable for me, or hope DE could fix dx10/dx11 host migration because of long loading time so i can play it on those settings with squad PoE or Fortuna. Really love this game

On 2018-11-12 at 1:11 AM, krc473 said:

Yea i do understand that they no longer support older systems but then why push out a hotfix for dx9 and 32 bit systems? And btw i dont think anybody insists on using outdated technology there are many people who cannot afford a simple upgrade or buy a new laptop

2 hours ago, TeraBaapGandu said:

And btw i dont think anybody insists on using outdated technology there are many people who cannot afford a simple upgrade or buy a new laptop

That still counts. If someone does not meet the minimum requirements for a game, they cannot complain about how it performs. Developers tell you the minimum, if you cannot meet it, that is not their problem. It is your problem.

DE states that DX10 and 64 bit OS are the minimum spec. If you run DX9 and/or a 32 bit OS, that is your problem to fix, not the developers. I completely understand that some people have no choice in the matter. But this does not mean that the developer is responsible for the issues.

• If I offered you say $1 for your car (or other valuable item), would you accept it? Now apply the same logic to minimum specs. 
  • If you want to do it, that is fine. If DE wants to fix issues with outdated technology, that is also fine. But there should be no expectations.
Edited by krc473
Typo...

On 2018-11-11 at 5:18 PM, grenadelaunche0 said:

(intel core i3 3110m - intel HD graphic 4000 - 6gb ram)

Probably the problem is the slow and outdated intel graphics hardware. Warframe on my intel i7-2600 works fine, but only with a newer graphics card. intel HD graphics 2000 on Warframe will only black screen with DX10 enabled. Slow loading on DX10 might be too little system memory especially when using 64 bit, but not entirely sure.

My Ryzen 2400g with integrated Vega 11 graphics, 32 GB RAM, Warframe 64 bit DX11 enabled, works just fine. 1080p 60-80 fps in Fortuna.

Others should show us their CPU and GPU. Are most of them using intel graphics? Most of them already meet the requirements of DX10 and 64 bit, but many have chosen to go DX9 to speed up loading, then see the broken graphics. I am guessing we will see a whole lot of complaints of super slow loading when DX9 get dropped, forcing DX10 or newer.

The minimum specs of "2 GB System RAM", this is not enough for Fortuna and Cetus that eats up to 3-4 GB of memory on 32 bit Warframe, and 7 GB for 64 bit. The problem for some others might be too small amount of system memory. 8 GB is now needed? Integrated graphics (intel graphics, AMD APU) requires more system memory. EDIT: The game's option, interface, show FPS, the game's RAM is severely inaccurate of only counting parts of the memory the game uses. Used task manager's Private bytes used and memory usage for more accurate measurements.

Edited by sam686