Garuda "Talons/Bleed" Build

PatWickJP

Umbral Vitality and Umbral Intensify would get you nice boosts in health and power strength. Streamline you could really drop considering you have Primed Flow and her 3 ability. More power would definitely make a difference, the TTK on those mobs was pretty high, especially with her melee. Natural Talent sadly doesn't help her 4 casting time out nearly as much as I'd like, but not a bad choice for her freebie mod. Adaptation I'd say is preference but not a bad choice. Ideal in my play so far: Umbral Vitality, Umbral Intensify, Transient Fortitude, Blind Rage, Primed Flow or Primed Continuity depending on preference, Hunter Adrenaline, Stretch so that you have some range on her 2 healing radius and on her 4, and an 8th mod that suits the map/your play such as Constitution, Augur Secrets, etc.

Having the extra 60/60 mod in there really isn't necessary  on her claws, as you're increasing status chance but also adding the possibility of Heat procs rather than Viral only, when Viral is the one that's going to make your slash damage really count and the status chance without it is already high. With the way IPS still functions now I don't know that Buzz Kill is really doing all that much for you either. Just some things to look at for her builds.

Good choice running with Phantasma. Three possible statuses from it, Viral and Slash from her claws + CO should make quick melee hit like a monster.

Il y a 13 heures, True_Naeblis a dit :

Umbral Vitality and Umbral Intensify would get you nice boosts in health and power strength. Streamline you could really drop considering you have Primed Flow and her 3 ability. More power would definitely make a difference, the TTK on those mobs was pretty high, especially with her melee. Natural Talent sadly doesn't help her 4 casting time out nearly as much as I'd like, but not a bad choice for her freebie mod. Adaptation I'd say is preference but not a bad choice. Ideal in my play so far: Umbral Vitality, Umbral Intensify, Transient Fortitude, Blind Rage, Primed Flow or Primed Continuity depending on preference, Hunter Adrenaline, Stretch so that you have some range on her 2 healing radius and on her 4, and an 8th mod that suits the map/your play such as Constitution, Augur Secrets, etc.

Having the extra 60/60 mod in there really isn't necessary  on her claws, as you're increasing status chance but also adding the possibility of Heat procs rather than Viral only, when Viral is the one that's going to make your slash damage really count and the status chance without it is already high. With the way IPS still functions now I don't know that Buzz Kill is really doing all that much for you either. Just some things to look at for her builds.

Good choice running with Phantasma. Three possible statuses from it, Viral and Slash from her claws + CO should make quick melee hit like a monster.

Im pretty new/still suck at this game, what did you mean by Natural Talent being a freebie mod? Because I (with my very limited knowledge) would have though Steel Fiber would be a good choice, anyone that could educate me to why that isnt the case?

I have pretty bad mods so primed flow is sadly far outside of my grasp, would you both recommend normal flow? Im also using streamline right now, but that kind of filler for now.

Edited by NorthLeech

8 hours ago, NorthLeech said:

Im pretty new/still suck at this game, what did you mean by Natural Talent being a freebie mod? Because I (with my very limited knowledge) would have though Steel Fiber would be a good choice, anyone that could educate me to why that isnt the case?

I have pretty bad mods so primed flow is sadly far outside of my grasp, would you both recommend normal flow? Im also using streamline right now, but that kind of filler for now.

I mean freebie as in it can be your 8th mod, one that's not essential to the build, but is the one you choose to use to enhance your play style. Realistically DE just needs to adjust her 4, it's waaaay  too slow when charging. Other AoEs like Hydroid's are a bit slow, but they also provide area-wide CC and other bonuses. Hoping they tweak Garuda's sooner rather than later. And yes, Steel Fiber is also a good choice. It gets her base armor into a good place and I prefer that because one, it saves additional forma, and two, it increases survivability.

Yes, regular Flow is a good choice until you can get Primed Flow. The steady supply of energy saves you having to pop her 3 as often in case you don't have her 2 up already for heals and gives good quality of life.

il y a 3 minutes, True_Naeblis a dit :

I mean freebie as in it can be your 8th mod, one that's not essential to the build, but is the one you choose to use to enhance your play style. Realistically DE just needs to adjust her 4, it's waaaay  too slow when charging. Other AoEs like Hydroid's are a bit slow, but they also provide area-wide CC and other bonuses. Hoping they tweak Garuda's sooner rather than later. And yes, Steel Fiber is also a good choice. It gets her base armor into a good place and I prefer that because one, it saves additional forma, and two, it increases survivability.

Yes, regular Flow is a good choice until you can get Primed Flow. The steady supply of energy saves you having to pop her 3 as often in case you don't have her 2 up already for heals and gives good quality of life.

Thanks, much appreciated! I love making builds which is why the game interests me, but I know way too little about just about everything.

is it recommended to upgrade a mod to full or sit at just high ranked versions? Because the last upgrades are usually crazy expensive.

5 hours ago, NorthLeech said:

Thanks, much appreciated! I love making builds which is why the game interests me, but I know way too little about just about everything.

is it recommended to upgrade a mod to full or sit at just high ranked versions? Because the last upgrades are usually crazy expensive.

You want to take most to full once you can. Some of the Corrupted mods that have both positive and negative stats you actually often want to stop at 6 or 8 of 10 and have multiple ones depending on the build. For standard mods that only have positives you'll generally want to take all the way to max rank. As you play you'll get tons of Endo, Ayatan Sculptures that you can sell for Endo, and lots of excess mods that you can dissolve into Endo. You can farm a few rounds of The Index to get all the credits you'll ever need.

Sry, I just red all the above posts and thank you all for the inputs. I finalized my build last night and edited OP/YouTube desciption. I love Garuda not just because of her abilities, but she's really sexy af.

Edited by Asutore

i think that this is a solid build, but if i were you id add the umbral mods, and instead of natual talent id thow on Stretch and switch out Enemy Sense for power drift, also if youre not going to use talons, then replace Steel Charge with cp. but thanks for the idea and letting us view your build and giving me ideas, this helped me a ton because i didnt really know where to go with it as i am leveling her and im starting to toy with her.

Edited by GrimGuardian

IMO I don't think flow is really needed on her. You've got so much self energy regen on top of what regen we already had, not to mention her abilities aren't super expensive. I just throw on a streamline which works out great in ESO and increases how much energy she gains from her 3. I also went 200% (204 technically) pstr with augur secrets. The passive is whatever but its a small buffer considering how often you cast. 

The only real defensive mod I've got on is Vitality. Unless they stop her healing well from stacking coupled with her 1 shield, played right there's not much of a problem surviving. With that in mind I threw on a primed cont. Duration for the shield, bleed duration (if they aren't already dead by your 1 and ult combo), heal duration. Not that it's necessary but it's been working out great for me. Also have a stretch and cunning drift in exilus. Extra range for your first 2 abilities. Lets heal stacks easier to form/overlap.

But I feel with Garuda there are a lot of builds that can work so there isn't really a right or wrong. My build works perfectly for the play style I want out of her.