Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Vallis Spelunker" Achievement unobtainable

Vuaiox

• 2 weeks later...

There are several post in the forum regarding this same subject...
Some with more than 2 months...
Several with a significant number of replys!
What is missing to do, so that someone in the development, know what is happening and take some action on this problem?!?

• 2 weeks later...

I am also having this issue. 30 cave icons on map, challenge at 29/30. Even visited all 3 in one session to see if that would somehow fix it, but nope. I did however, notice that one the west side of the map, by Temple Fabrication, there's a set of 3 cave icons, but two seem to be refering to the same cave as far as I can tell. It's a rather large and complicated one, but I tried all the entrances, and it didn't seem to help.

Edit: I think I may have figured it out. I went back to that cave trio, and it turns out one of those two I thought referred to the same cave DID in fact refer to a separate cave, and in fact, directly indicated the entrance rather than having a smaller symbol to do that. However, the entrance appears to be blocked, preventing one from getting far enough inside to get the map to switch to cave mode, preventing the achievement from working. Picture of cave entrance and map location attached.Cs46Dp2.jpg

Edited by KichiK
theory about cause

Had this problem since November, 29/30 bugged even though I visited all 30 caves and had them appear in the map. Triple checked all 30 caves again and nothing.

Well, today I finally completed Vallis Spelunker by following some hints from other threads. Here is how I did it:

First, you MUST NOT be the one hosting (so no Solo). Edit: If someone else is hosting make sure they load into Orb Vallis first.

Join someone hosting Orb Vallis, make sure that person haven't found any cave or a low amount of them, it will increase the chance of "finding" your bugged cave. So your best bet is to join some newbie or randoms, to be sure go to his profile and check his "Vallis Spelunker" progression. Edit: When you join you should only see the host's caves on the minimap.

Go through all the caves while he is hosting, your bugged cave will trigger the moment you enter it.

>Edited to add more info.

Edited by Pentore
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Pentore said:

Had this problem since November, 29/30 bugged even though I visited all 30 caves and had them appear in the map. Triple checked all 30 caves again and nothing.

Well, today I finally completed Vallis Spelunker by following some hints from other threads. Here is how I did it:

First, you MUST NOT be the one hosting (so no Solo).

Join someone hosting Orb Vallis, make sure that person haven't found any cave or a low amount of them, it will increase the chance of "finding" your bugged cave. So your best bet is to join some newbie or randoms, to be sure go to his profile and check his "Vallis Spelunker" progression.

Go through all the caves while he is hosting, your bugged cave will trigger the moment you enter it.

Worked for me, thank you.

hace 2 horas, sponmonster dijo:

i tried the same with a clan member - he had 0 caves, we  visited all caves

he hosted - he got the achievement 

i am still missing my last cave ... still 29/30 😭😭

Did you let him load in first? I did it with a pub squad, when I joined only his discovered caves appeared on the minimap, so I had to find them all again.

Also did you enter all the caves first? because if he entered it before you it won't count. 

14 hours ago, Pentore said:

Did you let him load in first? I did it with a pub squad, when I joined only his discovered caves appeared on the minimap, so I had to find them all again.

Also did you enter all the caves first? because if he entered it before you it won't count. 

oh i Always saw all the caves in the map...

so He Must enter orb valis before He invites me... next try, Thanks for the hint

EDIT: OH YEAH that did it 30/30 🤩

Edited by sponmonster

On 2019-01-20 at 2:16 AM, Artekkor said:

Now that we know the cause, perhaps DE can finally make a fix?

At the very least they could give us some kind of an option to reset cave countdown so that we could try do it all over again.

At very least that'd be a perfectly acceptable temporary solution. I'd appreciate it.

EDIT: Also the "have someone who hasn't explored much yet host" worked for me.

Edited by KichiK

On 2019-01-19 at 4:44 AM, Pentore said:

First, you MUST NOT be the one hosting (so no Solo). Edit: If someone else is hosting make sure they load into Orb Vallis first.

Join someone hosting Orb Vallis, make sure that person haven't found any cave or a low amount of them, it will increase the chance of "finding" your bugged cave. So your best bet is to join some newbie or randoms, to be sure go to his profile and check his "Vallis Spelunker" progression. Edit: When you join you should only see the host's caves on the minimap.

>Edited to add more info.

It worked for me, thank you!