What do you think of moa pets so far?

Urof

So I just finished leveling my first moa pet which is the aggressive one. The one with anti-gravity grenade and the mine. I haven't tried the other two but the first one is kinda meh. Unfortunately, the range on the anti-gravity grenade is too low (3m at max) and the other ability is not that impressive in my opinion. The only thing that I really like about them is that they're cuter than all other pets.

So I was wondering what you guys think about the moa pets so far. Have you built one yet? Do you think they're going to be used for mastery only?

4 minutes ago, Urof said:

Do you think they're going to be used for mastery only?

I can see that being the case. I do agree though, the MOA are cuter than the other pets. 

I built one, it spent more time dead than alive because it was just so hopelessly weak. Maybe with gilding it would be better? (but we need standing to get Garuda...)

The fact they just use sentinel weapons is a bit turn off for me. One reason I dislike sentinels is the weapons - interference with weapon builds etc.

Edited by krc473

17 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Barely seen mine use it's abilities, I have the Para head same as you.

Yup. I think it'd be at least more useful if we could activate the abilities ourselves. They'd still have cooldowns of course.

I've got para, have seen when leveling it for gilding someone with the tophat one, that stasis field seems nice on visuals....

may consider building tophat one for precept...

altho firstly I want to get that t3 because what legs will you tell only after you bring him lvl 30 ungilded moa is that you need rank of doer to gild moa 😕

didn't notice my moa ever using discount jump-pad have noticed it ocasionally dropping those tether mines(which on paper sounds like discount nidus - pull everything in 20m to one spot for nuking) issue with those mines on hydron tho was that nothing tethered ever survived long enought to be pulled.....

as for power/survivability - I slapped medi-pet kit and health-link on mine and it seems okaish on durability (at least when hydron was concerned, and I also gave it my overformaed stinger that texon was using eariler on this loadout and on solar system level it seems to be doing about right....

Mine has been pretty useful so far. I just used the initial head so it has Anti-grav grenades and tether grenades. It keeps the enemies off their feet a lot of the time and makes combat easier.

I have no issue with survivability, though I completely recognize that is due to running an umbral Inaros with a health-link mod.