Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Customization In Warframe

Th3Dean

There was a topic on the last Dev. Livestream that I thought was interesting

(specifically 43:17 and on), about Scarves in Warframe, and how they fit the thematic because all warframes are ninjas.

Why scarves? Why not capes, different armor sets, (and perhaps wayyyy off in the future,) more pronounced sfx and vfx and customized ability animations for higher levels of mastery? And before you do it, let me do it for you:

With that out of the way, let us be serious. The customization level in Warframe is just beginning to be expanded upon, with things like clan tags and event participation awards having been added into the game as virtual shoulder pauldron options, and various idle animations for each warframe to give each warframe its own unique thematic- should the player choose to use them. In fact, these optional customization options are beginning to dramatically expand the difference between my Rhino and yours- to the point where they aren't just carbon copies of each other with possibly different weapons. So why not take that further (and go deeper, if you will)? 

Different armor sets (wholly cosmetic, but with layered tiers of cost and crafting) could be introduced for each warframe, and could be similar in style to Halo's different versions of their Mjolnir power armor.

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_large/hash/82/88/82886ec44ca0467297133e91885b4a63.jpg?itok=U8ZGVKFb.

The capes could range from Spartan Style

http://www.thereplicapropforum.com/gallery/data/908/300-spartan-costume-g-cape-3.JPG

to the Sash prototypes

http://images.wikia.com/warframe/images/f/f2/SSv4UzY.jpg

shown by the Devs, and would further differentiate my Spartan Rhino from a pansy Sash-wearing Ash or Loki.

So, what do you guys think?

I felt like the issue needed addressing, what with "Scarves" being added before capes. I mean, what self respecting power-armored entity wears a Sash? 

Can you imagine a Space Marine from WH: 40K with a Scarf on? How about Master Chief? Yet Space Marines regularly wear capes.

One day hopefully, I love customizing my characters and anything to help distinguish myself from my fellow Excaliburs would be great

All this hate for scarves is crazy, they have to start somewhere, small steps, and interestingly enough, you don't have to use them if you don't want to.

The problem with capes is that they would create much clipping, especially that Tenno carry their weapons mostly on back. Scarves are much more subtle while also adding what devs seems to be excited about - secondary motion. Also current ninja archetype frequently uses scarf.

I do agree that DE shouldn't stop on scarves and I'm sure they will not. I especially would like to see a cammo overlay for warframes similar to one from pack for Grineer weapons.

I still haven't figured out what DE's fascination with scarves is. Maybe cause Canada is cold. Honestly, I have no idea the reasoning behind it.

I believe that they are more fascinated with possibilities of secondary motion they create then scarves per se. Just look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvyxNGDghOY

Plus ninjas with scarves look badass (although this is my personal opinion). So what we play space ninjas? Just give them futuristic space scarves.

SHINOBI_S_BACK_by_Pertheseus.jpg

20100118090341!Hanzo-ss4.jpg

There was a topic on the last Dev. Livestream that I thought was interesting

(specifically 43:17 and on), about Scarves in Warframe, and how they fit the thematic because all warframes are ninjas.

Why scarves? Why not capes, different armor sets, (and perhaps wayyyy off in the future,) more pronounced sfx and vfx and customized ability animations for higher levels of mastery? And before you do it, let me do it for you:

well the same question could be asked in reverse..if they'd implemented capes instead of scarves I'm sure there would be people asking why capes instead of scarves? imo scarves aren't as flashy and capes. capes are for something like superheros, and the only superhero that isn't so flashy with a cape is batman...but there are times...

and in some stories ninjas are actually seen with scarves, but not one with a cape...why? capes make a fluttering sound, scarves don't. capes are flashy and big, scarves aren't. just search ninja scarves in google images and see how much comes up, then search ninja cape...but much if any

At least all the black Ash's might have something different to them.

ash has to be black. ever seen a lime green ninja?

_64311007_ninja_624.gif

no scarf. see?

imo scarves for warframes aren't far away from rainbow unicorns, ponies and fairies. until now warframe made an adult impression on me.

Edited by Jhakoon

I felt like the issue needed addressing, what with "Scarves" being added before capes. I mean, what self respecting power-armored entity wears a Sash? 

Can you imagine a Space Marine from WH: 40K with a Scarf on? How about Master Chief? Yet Space Marines regularly wear capes.

http://static.tumblr.com/5b241c0a81ef4ab134889466b03b27e4/zcly29y/R5jmlgom5/tumblr_static_noble_team_sniper.png

This looks pretty good. I started using it as well after unlocking it.

Edited by Jelan