Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Made this post before it was possible for me to get the bait needed, ignore it now

mrhapps

20 minutes ago, TankHunter678 said:

I think I was in the more northern side of the map, but I will check every cave on my map, since I kinda need the ores and fish parts anyways.

edit: Found it

Hide contents

D3A99F344E7C720540EB8FC1A424197C1F22CED0

Hide contents

7F70F546A1655C23CD285CCCC7DFFD6ABA633A54

Ok, thanks a lot, I gonna farm a little

Some pond in the cave can't even spawn fish (too shallow) and hotspot spawned in it.
Even some that can fish still have a bug that you cannot hit the fish with some throw angle, and fish also spawn under the ground area as well.
And Stnathid does spawn without bait (I used Charamote bait, bugged?).

https://imgur.com/a/oYZojiO

Edited by Sylenros
Added image

On 2018-11-11 at 2:47 AM, mrhapps said:

Title. I have a feeling this is either bugged or requires the bait to find, but figured i would ask forums first since i can't access the bait yet. If you found one please show me on a screenshot where you found it and at approximately what Vallis time it was.

Not sure if you've found any yet but I just found one on the most northern cave of the map, the hotspots there are more frequent as seen on the map below v

Spoiler

1541814446_map.jpg

It's best to bring Lumino's Dye with you because they are small and mostly hard to see as they are slim as well, I saw one floating near the surface but I don't have enough info to conclude it's behavior

On 2018-11-11 at 9:07 AM, Skillzzpro said:

Would you please? you need MAX RANK solaris united. NOBODY yet has maxed it. Totally impossibly unless you have a daily cap of atleast 80k. its been out for 3 days. which if you are Mr 26, is 27k a day. and you need in total to buy those baits 240k standing total. Liar....

No, it's entirely possible the chance is just extremely low, I got one in 2 days. Assuming is bad '^'

On 2018-11-11 at 2:47 AM, mrhapps said:

Title. I have a feeling this is either bugged or requires the bait to find, but figured i would ask forums first since i can't access the bait yet. If you found one please show me on a screenshot where you found it and at approximately what Vallis time it was.

Not sure if you've found any yet but I just found one on the most northern cave of the map, the hotspots there are more frequent as seen on the map below v

Spoiler

1541814446_map.jpg

It's best to bring Lumino's Dye with you because they are small and mostly hard to see as they are slim as well, I saw one floating near the surface but I don't have enough info to conclude it's behavior

On 2018-11-11 at 9:07 AM, Skillzzpro said:

Would you please? you need MAX RANK solaris united. NOBODY yet has maxed it. Totally impossibly unless you have a daily cap of atleast 80k. its been out for 3 days. which if you are Mr 26, is 27k a day. and you need in total to buy those baits 240k standing total. Liar....

No, it's entirely possible the chance is just extremely low, I got one in 2 days. Assuming is bad '^'

On 2018-11-10 at 4:07 PM, Skillzzpro said:

oh my.... the salt in this one 😆

https://imgur.com/a/GBkkale

this was 1 day or two after the release. in total, i have about 5-10 pieces now. some in my aquarium.

Edited by Lucieai

10 hours ago, EonIsBuffering said:

Reveal hidden contents

1541814446_map.jpg

U didnt read my comment carefully aswell? Im talking about getting the bait. u need max rank solaris. nobody has that yet. Facepalm.

6 hours ago, Skillzzpro said:

U didnt read my comment carefully aswell? Im talking about getting the bait. u need max rank solaris. nobody has that yet. Facepalm.

The bait requires Cove, not Old Mate (max rank).  Plenty of people should be at rank for it now, starting from yesterday.

On 2018-11-12 at 12:39 AM, TankHunter678 said:

I think I was in the more northern side of the map, but I will check every cave on my map, since I kinda need the ores and fish parts anyways.

edit: Found it

Reveal hidden contents

D3A99F344E7C720540EB8FC1A424197C1F22CED0

Reveal hidden contents

7F70F546A1655C23CD285CCCC7DFFD6ABA633A54

This!!!! Thanks!

To sum up, ...

Grab the bait, head almost directly North from Fortuna, *almost* to the top of the map, then look for a cave. TankHunter678's images (above) should help you figure out exactly where you need to be.

Also, I second another poster's recommendation to bring plenty of dye.

I took 10 of the synathid bait and used them all in one trip, with awesome results - definitely worth it.

As an earlier poster said, you can get the bait when you reach the rank of "Cove." Bait costs 400 each, but they totally pay for themselves.

Note: In my experience, the synathids don't show up immediately after you lob the bait in. It takes a minute or two.

Synthanids are the Fortuna equivalent of Glappids, with the exception of them having a very low chance of spawning naturally in cave hotspots. As with fishing on Cetus, the spawn pool for fish is determined the moment it registers you in range with a spear out, so you'll want to have your bait out and in the coolant before you even bother equipping the right spear.

2 часа назад, xXx_mtv_xXx сказал:

I have tried fishing in several different caves but the dye only works like 10% of the time and I have never seen any splashing hotspots.

u need bait for them. I recommend farming then in cave a bit to the left and up from Ustara crater  Very clean water, dye works very well for me (only there), farming is good. All u have to do is just wait for hotspot. Farmed ~ 60-70 Synt fishes so far,enough for me

They spawn in cave Hot spots. I personally have 5 of them but i saved them in my ship fish tank simply because they look so cool.

The best place that i found them in would be a small cave in the far bottom right of the map between the large crashed orokin defense tower and the nearby mountain. 

I didn't use any bait to find them though using bait does seem to increase their spawn rate. But it still needs to be a Hot Spot.

I cought one in the cave Annoying Killah recommended

sorry it's in portuguese, https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198203379880/screenshot/946215117287743667

all of him spots are great, if you can, check them out

I personally think every cave hotspot have it, it's just luck (and a lot of time trying) because i already have more time on vallis just fishing than doing everything else together xD         you better get the Stunna, it helps a lot

On 2018-11-10 at 12:47 PM, mrhapps said:

Yeah i caught one in a cave. Funny looking things they are.