Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Brightness/Contrast/Display Settings

Spharin

Anyone else see themselves constantly adjusting their brightness every map because they can't see a damn thing in darkness or light?

It doesn't seem like adaptive exposure helps either, as well as color correction just making everything have less colors/more contrast depending on the planet/tile.

Planets with dark areas or insanely bright whites are terrible to travel across because I have to constantly adjust my brightness to be able to see anything at all, as well as simulacrum being absolutely blinding, and Vallis caves are pitch black while the surface is blinding.

Same problem here. I tested combinations of adaptive exposure and color correction in different tiles and it's pure madness. Depending on the tile AE either darkens or brightens the visuals und CC is often messing with contrast and brightness too. The strongest effects can be seen on Mars planetary tiles, Void tiles, Cetus at night and the clouds around the starcharts.

In combination they are oversaturating a lot of tiles while on others like the Grineer galleon or the Corpus ship the effect is barely noticable. It almost like DE crafted and baked the lightning per tile instead of using a proper light engine for their game...